Porsche GT3R - Wrong implemented Dash

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karaya2, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I haven't argued the fact that additional information/LCD-features are needed as well, to go along with for example an ERS system... But to be disputing the way or order rev LEDs comes on... or if the gear font should be yellow or white, or how perfectly ratio'ed it should be is silly in my opinion - because the title has greater issues or lacks!

David Kolody and The Iron Wolf like this.
  2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I stand to be corrected, but I don't think M8 GTE loses doors, front aero or wings :( Also, trainer car does not work well with that car (the lights do not get rendered correctly, making it difficult to use trainer). I did not try all of the recent content, so I sincerely hope I am wrong. But it is that lack of attention to detail... come on, guys! Sigh. Oh well! At least community content works wonders.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Alex72 likes this.
  3. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I might mix with AMS on some things. I know ive seen wheels and stuff come off but maybe wings and such was in AMS... I have to test. But the new cars like GT3 i dont think i have seen anything fall off yet so you might be right.

4. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I think wheel should come off and situation is not as horrible as that :D

Alex72 likes this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I knocked the rear wing off the Audi GT3, twice in two laps and... slammed the armco hard enough to get a flat tire. My goal is to consume a full tank of fuel at the Nords and NOT have any damage to repair.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  6. Marisa

Marisa Registered

Another thing to note is the missing yellow stripe on the steering wheel, what a curious omission.
    I'd prefer for 397 to take their time with new cars instead of releasing them in this state.

patchedupdemon and Alex72 like this.
  7. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Yeah i noticed that too. Like it was cut out for the strip but no strip in there. :D

8. Filip

Filip Registered

Visual damage and parts falling off are maybe not allowed due to licensing.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

And that's the point you refuse to accept... they arent getting the basics, the very basics right. Let alone the bigger stuff.
    Plus "order rev LEDs comes on... or if the gear font should be yellow or white, or how perfectly ratio'ed it should be" this is all art related, the art team doesn't write code (hopefully). All the "great issues" you mention are not responsability of that team. Putting some effort into releasing the cars with proper quality would not delay any code side feature that needs fix or creation.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  10. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Dude, I'm accepting everything. I just know where to put the effort. No I don't know it, but I think I know it.

To me, the bigger things are putting off more people than the small things. I know for a fact some actual racing drivers are put off by bigger things, greater lacks than the shade of off yellow on the dash!

Let me try and clarify what I mean about 'big things' and 'small things'. Big things: Lacking ERS(including digital visualisation e.g. LCD features), detailed driving in the rain, a sun-effect, affecting temperatures in the environment, including real-road (an environment that has been here since the release of the game - track and ambient temps - they're there, they're just not dynamic or following each other, unless you try to script temps to suit your scripted weather - why not finish it and make it work together, dynamically?)... True to life tracks that doesn't put of people who have actually been there in real life (thankfully they're doing what they can to right this with Sebring, Nords etc.). All these things I've just mentioned is regarding both hard coding but also art, but it's big things, not small nitpicky things: where you dispute the colour of an actually in-real-life customizeable display. I am on about the hard facts of truly missing features, I couldn't care less about the right shade of gear font, when there are bigger fish to fry. Obviously the title has gotten a lot of things right, like the tyre model, like the day/night transition, visually, like real-road... Again this is both coding and art - and by god have they gotten those things right.

What I'm saying is... Fry the bigger fish, where the real-real details lie, first, let us feast on that, then after that we can start debating the shades of off-yellow on the dash?

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Not necessary, as I said different teams have different priorities and just like you want to push the code team to do their best people here are pushing the art team to do their best too on things that already exist and most likely just need a couple of text edits in that old notepad. Plus it's a forum, different issues are discussed at once.
    Just because people talk about A does not mean they dont care about B, in fact the wishlist forum is full of requests about fix and new features. One thread trying to get attention from the art team wont make S397 stop all the machines to fix only this. Get over it.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  12. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

The topic is pointless... So are our replies... Should never have been posted in fact.

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

The topic has its points. Your posts indeed were pointless insisting on coding issues, thus off topic, to something mostly art related. Good thing you noticed tho, better late than never :)

14. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Well, if the topic has its points, then so do I :D

15. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

So do you not Care about the perception, that releasing unfinished content gives to new and existing members.
    If you can’t get the basics right, why would people continue to pay for said content, specially when the previous contents still go “unfixed “
    Brand image and perception should be a priority, and you don’t get that if modders are releasing more complete cars

16. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

No, that's definitely a problem... Surely, but to me it is much more important that the car drives accurately... Does it create xxx kg of negative lift @ 250 kph as the real life counterpart. Is the simulated naturally aspirated 4 liter flat six torque curve close to the real thing in the engine test bench in Stuttgart... Is the gearbox simulated properly, is the hybrid system simulated properly, are you hydroplanning when you should, are you trees casting shadows, cooling specific areas of the track, affecting the grip levels... Those will forever be more important to me than the shade of the gear indicator of if the speed is shown instead of RPM in square on the wheel-dash. Honestly. But of course it's problematic if it isn't righted... But it's equally or more problematic that we still don't have proper driveline, ERS, rain and/or environment codes/arts.

Akela_DE and Filip like this.
  17. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I agree with what you say, it is all important to have proper simulation, that’s why we are here, but the the first thing people see is the visual aspects of the content, and that to me is the part of the basic fundamentals, that should be correct before you can charge for your work, and should be correct on release.

We need to hold the developer to account to makesure they do no get into a habit of thinking “that will do” on all fronts, be it simulation or visual accuracy.

Alex72 likes this.
  18. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I get what you're saying...
    If you live by that statement, that visuals are 'importanter', then you'd never be able to advocate rFactor 2 in the first place, because it's beaten by most titles in that regard anyway :D

Alex72 likes this.
  19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

His comments mean to have everything in place and done properly, not necessarily the graphic quality as in a "modern" graphic engine sense compared to other sims.
    Are you just trolling at this point or?

patchedupdemon likes this.
  20. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I might, I might not be :D

I definitely think some things are more important than others and I stand by my statements about ERS, driveline, rain etc. being far more important than, to me, nitpicking motecs!