Released NEW! GT3 Challengers Pack NOW Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 22, 2018.

1. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

O/
    Sorry for long quote, i am using smartphone atm.
    Yep i agree, all games are not perfect. Thing is how graphic designers (or cgi team idk) are working. Hiding things from our eyes :) In Forza, for example, you can't see car-on-car reflections, you can see your car in water from very limited angle and no other cars again.
    I dont want to name other titles, because we can easily start hollywar here. And i dont want it. On other forums someone already can mark me as hater. But here i am customer. And all i am trying to do is find answers for my self. Because its a question of to buy or not to buy too.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  2. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

If People seek Ultra-realism, perfect shading, perfect reflection of everything in everything, perfect shadow calculation, super AA in every Situation, simply reality - why do they not shut down their PC and go in front of their house door, there they will find everything they search. Even for free.
    This stuff is made to be raced, so get it online and race. Nothing people complain about here will make them faster.

John and pkelly like this.
  3. mr.Sw1tchblade

Because it's a video game after all. And game not about triangles in outer space, but about cars on track. So visual part does matter.

ECAR_Tracks, F1Aussie and Akela_DE like this.
  4. Filip

Filip Registered

I suggest you try demo for free. It is updated to dx11 and you will get overall impression about graphics.
    Then you can watch numerous youtube videos about challengers pack and read threads and watch screenshots about it on this and other forums so you will get plenty of information if there are any issues that would bother you.
    That way without spending single EUR anybody who is unsure can make a decision of buying (or not).

John likes this.
  5. mr.Sw1tchblade

I have bought entire gt3 pack. And actually i dont like Porshe visual model only. Mirrors, display, external view with cartoon effects. Model looks incomplete. McLaren is way better for example.

6. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

i am with switchblade, that mirror has to be fixed, simply looks bad and does not fit to the overall quality of the models.

sg333 and F1Aussie like this.
  7. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Strange how People could have lots of fun doing simracing 20 years ago.

Sometimes I believe People think the more real it looks, the more real it is, but this is not true.

kimbo and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  8. mr.Sw1tchblade

Hey i am just a human, i want more :) I can play some old games, and i still remember wow effect from old games like wing commander 2 or Dune 2. But time goes on. And i am playing different games. And when i see something new in a game X and its not so good as it could be, and not in line with some other games and even with another stuff in this game it disappointing me. Is it so hard to understand? I dont think if devs will make this Porshe model little better someone will be unhappy. Maybe i am wrong, but i believe 1 random tree near the road in game, tree you not even notice, can eat more fps than 2 good mirror models(again i am not talking about reflections). Cockpit and mirrors are always with you, close to your eyes. Well made thing right before your eyes, isnt it cool?
    And yep, we can use mods. But i am not sure moders can add more polygons :(

9. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

I think you could give simracers the real cars & they'd still find something to moan about.

F1Aussie, JimmyT, McKiernan and 2 others like this.
  10. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

Ah the " no one will ever need more than 640kb RAM!" Argument. I like it.
    Which Windows/Office Version are you using ?

Compare the mirror on a random screen from race 07, that was a nice sim, i had lots of fun. 2007. Time is moving on, so are the expectations, i dont buy a 600€ GPU to look at graphics from 2007
    20180128125629_1.jpg

11. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

There isn't anything in the mirror LOL

Louis likes this.
  12. mr.Sw1tchblade

I hope you will find this funny too Desktop Screenshot 2018.12.23 - 19.09.24.02(2).png

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Someone points out the mirror curve is very obviously made up of lines - which they all are, of course, and zooming in on any curved object will at some point reveal them, but this is a mirror that's always close - and people manage to defend it.

Stop 'picking a side'. You don't have to be 'for' or 'against' rF2 (or physics, or 'sim', or whatever). It's ok to point out something that can be improved.

Those mirrors are totally fine for looking at the car from a distance, but for cockpit view it would be nice if that was a smoother curve. It won't add much at all to graphical load.

Marisa, Emery, EsxPaul and 2 others like this.
  14. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Yes I do...LOL

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  15. mr.Sw1tchblade

I need you here. Coz i think i have seen some dead Japanese girls out there. I am scared :eek:;)

16. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Your not helping your case by making strange comments.
    Try pressing number 3 to turn your mirrors on. My mirrors work at night :D

17. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Love your work GD, funniest thing I've read in weeks.:p We would probably moan if someone bought us a drink. :p ... could we test that? Your shout. :D

GrimDad and Goanna like this.
  18. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Too much froth, wrong shaped glass, handle on the wrong side, where's my froth, bottles too wet, too warm, where's my ice, you drink this crap, now you expect me to buy you one back. I could go on & on.

20 years ago a game was released and you had to enjoy it or not play it. No patches
    Nowadays someone always wants more....gets on my tits tbh.

Soon as this game is stable we can all get on with racing it...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    JimmyT likes this.
  19. Louis

Louis Registered

20. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Did you drink this, it should have more in it.:p