Please BOP the Chevrolet Camaro GT3 to the other GT3 cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brack Jabham, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I guess it's a matter of opinion because the Vette GTE is in no way unstable even when using Le Mans config. Unless you provoke it with wrong setups like lower rear wing on the non Le Mans config since you are having higher front downforce and making the car unbalanced by lowering the rear wing (but possible to fix still if the person wants the car that way, just needs proper setup)

2. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

I wouldn't say it's unstable, just oftentimes less stable than the GT3.

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Still dont see the problem. As for the others I thought it was easier to drive in RR, less stuff to worry about in their physics IMO

4. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Whislt I respect people use other sims - I don't - although I have them. My purpose in starting this thread was to get the Camaro to be BOP to the other GT3 content. I (personally) don't care about iRacing or RaceRoom or what the cars are like in that. I want (and demand) that the Camaro in rF2 is BOP to the other GT3 content so that this reflects real life.

Please keep this thread on topic, or perhaps start a new thread comparing other (and IMHO inferior) products

lagg and VirusGR42 like this.
  5. Louis

Louis Registered

excellent...

Alex72 likes this.
  6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Fine, and I demand not to change it fundamentally then :D Mostly because I think Camaro has more realistic driveforce slip, or load sensitivity, or sliding friction... I don't know what exactly it is.

And anyway. Has any fast person actually did pace comparison for Camaro yet ?

I wouldn't be surprised if it wouldn't even need BoP. Whats the pace difference when you'd say that BoP is needed ?

Grip has much more dimensions than it seems. If you'd drive Camaro after new GT3 cars, you'd think that Camaro has less grip, but it might not be true. It could be that Camaro has just as much grip, it is only more sensitive, and only needs to be driven more smoothly. I'd bet that new GT3 cars are not enough throttle sensitive.

7. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

As stated in one of my earlier posts, you can change the gear ratios (not possible in the other cars or in the actual series) , there is no soft tire compond and the the tires seem to be not the latest type (although I may be wrong on that point). These changes may be the only ones needed but, at the moment, a driver of this car in competition with the other cars would have an advantage or disadvantage which is not the case in real life.
    I'm not asking for the car to be changed fundamentally although perhaps these changes would make that happen. I'm asking for it to be as close to the real thing as possible.

8. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Camaro was around one second slower (or a little more) than GT3 Pack cars when I compared them on Zandvoort. It definitely has less grip and is more tricky to drive with TC off.
    I wouldn’t be so sure GT3 Pack cars are too little throttle sensitive, maybe a little on the easy end, but I wouldn’t take the Camaro as a reference. That’s why I compare to GT3s in other sims, as I obviously have no experience with real such cars other than watching onboard videos. They are probably a little less realistic overall than GT3 Pack , but for instance I think R3E GT3s have more realistic handling than the Camaro

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I was going to ask this earlier, and held back due to lack of information. Has S397 updated ANY of ISI's older content? Asking because I don't really know.

10. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Yes, graphics like dx11, rain etc. but I’m not sure whether physics were updated. Perhaps for Formula ISI and few others.

11. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

I am wondering if S397 would consider Third Party help for this? If so, PM me and I will aim to organise it

12. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

Don't do it for free.

Louis likes this.
  13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

After testing in Bathurst today, I'd agree that soft compund would be added. But I'd wish that general sensitive way of behaviour would be maintained, because it is damn immersive to me. Though a bit on difficult side. I think tires are just a bit too prone to skidding, also it is hard not to destroy them quickly, especially on brakes, I suppose it would be easier with load cell pedals.

ISI tires wear so much, I can't really believe it, I'd expect such wear from 30s tires :D Five laps and it is at 90. Immediate severe flatspots. IIRIC in 30s they would have to change gp cars tires in three or four laps of Nordschleife.

I tested Camaro vs Audi. Camaro is about 1.5s slower in bathurst.

In track like bathurst wet track should be about 15-30s slower than dry. Hard to define without actual water level in account. I noticed that ISI Camaro felt greatly improving pace as it was drying. As Audi was less different.

14. Louis

Louis Registered

lool

15. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I just had one more good idea about this behavior.. I just simply miss it in simulation. Also apparently most drivers dislike twitchy cars, so there is no thrust for impementation, especially when this behaviour is hard to properly judge, I suppose.

So a week or two ago I was watching videos in YT about torque steer.

Normally torque steer would be an issue with high performance FWD front engined cars. It is basically a phenomenon when unequal torque is delivered for both sides, also could happen if circumferences of tires has slight difference. As tire spins it wants to toe-in, especially if it has a lot of scrub radius and certain other geometry properties. If you get slight difference in torque, misalignment occurs.

For RWD it is obviously not going to be the same, but I think it makes sense that if tires are slightly different in their circumference due to how they are built (and tires are never completely identical) also during the use tires aren't same in pressure and wear and it affects geometry too. So with a lot of torque and acceleration having reduced grip because amount of slip, produced heat and load sensitivity you also have misalignment happening which without a doubt will make a rear of a vehicle unstable and twitchy, something that can be seen in reality, but not really happening correctly in any simulation.