Community Screenshots Thread (Unedited Screens Only)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Louis

Louis Registered

If i understand correctly, its is "toggle free move", so cam direction is controlled by mouse movements. Mine is assign to U key which i think it is default

2. philmcqueen

philmcqueen Registered

@Louis
    check my signature ;)

Louis likes this.
  3. Louis

Louis Registered

Thanks!

philmcqueen likes this.
  4. philmcqueen

philmcqueen Registered

"Trying out the Brno Circuit that philmcqueen recommended from Paul Marc Racing...so I thought I would choose a car mod with colorful liveries due to the Brno tracks subdued color palette."

M D Gourley and Alex72 like this.
  5. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

6. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

7. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

As recommended by 'philmcqueen'.... I use the 'End' key which is the default key for 'Spectator Mode' when I pause the Replay, where you can use your mouse to move the screen image around then use the Num Keys to move the camera into position...I have also mapped the 'Cam Move Forward' and 'Cam Move Backward' to keys / buttons as these are the focus keys once you have composed the screen shot.

I also map the functions...'View Next Vehicle'...'View Previous Vehicle'...'View Original Vehicle' as this is helpful once you have composed your screen shot you want to go to the vehicle in front 'View Next Vehicle' or the vehicle behind you 'View Previous Vehicle'...you can keep pressing these key to move more vehicles ahead or behind....however, once pressing a key to view the next or previous vehicle it resets the image and I have to re-compose the screen shot again.

You can also forward the replay or reverse the replay once the screen shot has been composed by using the arrow keys as the cars will advance / move but your composed screen shot frame stays still....this is handy if I want to see other cars in the framed screen shot and generally I have to re-focus once this has moved.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Louis and philmcqueen like this.
  8. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

6 rF2 GT3 at PORTUGAL GT curve copy.jpg
    Thanks for the tip...found Portugal in the rF2 Workshop...depending on my preferences of what I thought looks good, for lighting and which side of the track I was on it can look good at both approx 6.30am and 7pm (only my personal opinion)...screen shots in this post are at 7pm:) 1 rF2 GT3 at PORTUGAL GT wide bmw copy.jpg 2 rF2 GT3 at PORTUGAL GT wide bmw side copy.jpg 3 rF2 GT3 at PORTUGAL GT wide bmw back copy.jpg 4 rF2 GT3 at PORTUGAL GT ambulance copy.jpg 5 rF2 GT3 at PORTUGAL GT blue sign copy.jpg 5a rF2 GT3 at PORTUGAL GT vette bentley copy.jpg

4F0X4, davehenrie, Alex72 and 6 others like this.
  9. Louis

Louis Registered

20181230011046_1.jpg
    I only can get more immersed than this is with VR, hi graphics quality and 90 fps :D
    Really, these cars on this track... i could ask only about a litttle better performance fps wise
    You,re welcome. Its Portugal international, Estoril. I mispelled in previous post .To me, is one of the most difficult tracks

*this cam is my most favorite and i must setup my player file @philmcqueen tips about getting better angles assign keys to cam movement

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    philmcqueen and M D Gourley like this.
  10. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

I remembered and liked this track from Raceroom...'Portimao'...from the rF2 workshop
    1 rF2 GT3 CHALLENGERS at PORTIMAO building copy.jpg 2 rF2 GT3 CHALLENGERS at PORTIMAO audi sweep copy.jpg 3 rF2 GT3 CHALLENGERS at PORTIMAO bmw top copy.jpg 4 rF2 GT3 CHALLENGERS at PORTIMAO bmw front copy.jpg 5 rF2 GT3 CHALLENGERS at PORTIMAO bmw hill copy.jpg

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  11. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

In my head i always pronounce the "mao" in "Portimao" as a cat in heat. Do it once and you cant stop. :D

BTW do you use any supersampling or is it just 4xAA (or whatever the numbers represent)?

PS. We desperately need more skins for these GT3 cars. Really dig the latest Porsche but it has 1 skin. Same with Audi.

M D Gourley likes this.
  12. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

OK thats was the mod I was talking about. For some reason your screens look better than that original. Like they had an updated shaders or something. Reason why I ask was that I was converting a few updates. I need physics assistance (and a few graphics assistance), as they aren't perfectly balanced with the S397 GT3s.

20181229235500_1.jpg 20181229235918_1.jpg 20181230000025_1.jpg

GeraArg and philmcqueen like this.
  13. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

He takes the screens in low light mostly and his screens are bigger than yours so when they are smaller they look much more crisp (lots of pixels "compressed" to a smaller image = much more pixels and crisper image). However, i dont know if he has some supersampling or special AA setting. We'll have to wait til the screenshot master wakes up. :D

M D Gourley and philmcqueen like this.
  14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Don't worry, new skins are on the way. I think I read that S397 expects them shortly after they release the methods to print hud overlays onscreen and correcting AI raintire usage. So .... soon?

M D Gourley likes this.
  15. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Seems your environment reflection is off?

M D Gourley, philmcqueen and gpfan like this.
  16. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

17. datasting

datasting Registered

18. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

If I remember correctly, that circuit was in GT Legends. I participate in a championship, with Rfactor&HistoriX, in a great conversion (like all tracks converted from GT Legends to Rfactor).

Thanks to MD and others for giving the link of "Paul Marc Racing". I already tried Mondello and found it simply great.

19. McKiernan

McKiernan Registered

You are correct it was in GT Legends. I can't remember if it featured as stock content in any other sims.
    I've often noticed that it's common in wishlist threads for people to want tracks that are local to them & I'm usually tempted to suggest Mondello, partly just to see who else knows of it.

philmcqueen and M D Gourley like this.
  20. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

Here are my current rFACTOR 2 settings for the new RTX 2070 GPU I have installed...this is for those who would like to know what settings I have for the screen shots...as you 'Alex72' have a 2070 card as well :):):)
    1 rF2 VIDEO SETTINGS.jpg 2 rF2 in game DISPLAY SETTINGS.jpg 3 rF2 in game VIDEO RES SETTINGS.jpg

I also adjust the 'Adjust Desktop Color Settings' in the nVidia Control Panel as this further enhances the 'Gamma' of my old Monitors that do not have a good black point. As you can see there are further adjustments in the nVidia Control Panel like 'Contrast', 'Brightness' etc etc.
    4 nVIDIA Adjust DESKTOP COLOR SETTINGS.jpg