Nascar Mod

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ron Blackwell, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Ron Blackwell

Ron Blackwell Registered

I would like to see a forum page dedicated to Nascar Mods. I have been sim racing since 1997 and I own my league since 1998. (www.msrl.us} We are presently running the Cup Series on RF2. There doesn't seem to be much interest in Nascar Mods by S397 ! The sport with the highest attendance of any motorsport. We are going into our 7th year running on the Rfactor platform. We are also going into our 3rd year running RF2. After purchasing the RF2 we have only gotten one track, Atlanta just last season and a lot of gaming updates. If it wasn't for Gary Cross building tracks, we would of never been able to run a full Cup Schedule. Next month our season starts and we don't have the new Cup Templates.. My other beef is why is RF2 so difficult compared to RF1. A pain to make a car set, a pain to make a mod. a real pain in general to run a league. Why does this game have to be so difficult to run a league? Geeeez Just so much never ending work. RF1 was a breeze????

2. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

3. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Unfortunately, it seems many of the templates links are now dead after ISI has changed their website. Afaik, there is no replacement :(

4. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

5. VirusGR42

VirusGR42 Registered

Studio 397 released an oval racing plugin but it is a mess. It feels like S397 has given up in oval racing which is kinda sad.

6. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Those ovals were part of the 3PA (Third Part Associate) program that ISI did. It wasn't ISI/S397 work. It was created by a 3rd part modder and ISI more or less released it. It would be great for those to receive an update, but I am not anticipating those being updated by S397. They are good looking ovals with the road courses built in. Especially for the Palm Springs (Homestead) road course being a testing venue for the off season in the US.

Emery likes this.
  7. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Go to “The Future of AI” thread, some edits to the plugin apparently make it work but I’ve yet to test.

8. DaREALMastaD

DaREALMastaD Registered