Announcing "The Garage"

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by The-Garage, Mar 16, 2017.

1. TJones

TJones Registered

Very impressive indeed. Top work in every aspect. Thank you!

2. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Excellent job, immersive, very interesting to drive, good sounds.
    You can drive it on default setup, took it to a challenging track (Brands Hatch) and had a blast. I am slower than with a BT20 (lack of practice with the car no doubt), but my BT20 setup has evolved through many years (my preferred car in RF2) and is very confidence inspiring.

Thanks and Cheers.

pkelly likes this.
  3. lbird

lbird Registered

Absolutely fabulous piece of kit you guys created there! Nimble and delicate, but very controllable handling and top notch sounds. Great job and a big thank you! Hope to see more from the garage project, we need more historic content coming....

Mauro likes this.
  4. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Excellent car! Thank you for all the work. It feels good and has the best sound in rF2. The damage effects are great. :)

With a 2-pedal, paddle-shift setup, the clutch slippage when up-shifting seems a bit over-done, if you'd care to change it; as well as add an implementation for H-pattern with 3 pedals. The modeling of the BRM 2.1 liter is well done, making the car slower than the BT20, F312-67, and F1 Eve and Spark (Matra and Tecno). The car responds predictably to setup changes, though I'd like to see a little more freedom of adjustment for camber, front and rear.

I can't wait to see more from this mod team. Are you ready to publish a way we can support you?

5. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Registered

Very nice work, and a great addition to rF2. I have to echo the statements about the clutch/gear change model as it stands. H gate shifter and clutch: There is an odd lag I get from 2nd to 3rd, it's as if the clutch is still engaged, and I have to lift off the throttle again to engage the gear. A miss shift due to the shift timing essentially. I tried slow deliberate shifts and still encountered the miss shift.

bwana likes this.
  6. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Hi guys, first post here. And of course, it is a question.;)

Anyway, my question is: isn't the damage working anymore? Because I installed the mod via steam workshop again, and somehow the fiberglass and aluminium damage does not appear on cars. Has something changed, or i am missing something here? The rain works as intended. Do i have to do something to make it work? Thank you for any help or explanation in advance.

CrossPly likes this.
  7. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

Hi @Corgan ,

Firstly, welcome to the forum!

I have to admit haven't checked the car in single player for a while but I just checked it then and can confirm that the visual damage for the M4B does not seem to be working properly. Somewhere along the line a core game update added some extra conditions for damage to work and I think we need to do a small update to the mod to get it working again.

Thanks for reporting, I'll see if I can get it fixed early in the new year.

8. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Hi CrossPly,

Thanks for the quick answer! Somehow I thought it was the problem. All has been good before. So I just wanted to be sure. Thanks again, take your time, and have a nice holiday.:)

CrossPly likes this.
  9. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Any news?

marmagas and Mauro like this.
  10. Gracie Dylan

Gracie Dylan Registered

This mod is damn lovely! Only one thing though, since the last time I was really into sim racing I've had to sell my rig and so currently am using a PS4 controller untill I can afford to & have room for a decent wheel and pedal set up again. Now manual shifting on a controller I cannot get my head round so I'm tending to use auto shift (and clutch) which is ok for every mod I've used except this one. It shifts into 2nd then itll go 3rd, 4th, 5th and then back to 3rd, which is what is happening in the vid. Is there anything I can adjust in any files to fix this or do I just need to either get over my hatred of shifting on a controller or wait to get a wheel again?
    Thanks in advance!

Mauro likes this.
  11. Desesseints

Desesseints Registered

It happens the same to me. Almost impossible to drive with a sequential shifter. It's a pity, it's a great car but it seems it hasn't been updated to solve it's problems for a long long time.