rFchallengers DLC - New GT3 cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JuanP006, Dec 12, 2018.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Really awesome pack, still waiting for Aston. So far only had time to try the stuff, there is a lot to learn about them :) I especially like Audi, felt most believable to me, rather playful.

Some stuff I must adress, as it bugs me, like a broken Tile bugs Ron Dennis.

Something is bad with wet windshields from interior, reflections are freaking out a bit. Less noticeable when wipers are at work, but still...

Dark underfaces of vents on Porsche gives reflections.

I feel like cars gives me too much confidence for throttle inputs, except Audi maybe, Audi seems better. I feel like cars has very forgiving driving force slip ratio. The most simple test which can be done about it is just go with full throttle and full rvs from stationary, the tires should have a hard time gripping up in such situation, or shouldn't they ? But they grips up easily.

Honestly traction control makes no sense, why it even is there, you just can turn it off, and be calm about that. You can try the old Camaro GT3 and you are challenged every time you want to put the power down, perhaps it is too hardcore. My "feelings" :D are in between studio397 and ISI philosophy on how this thing should be, but closer to ISI.

tafkams, Lars and patchedupdemon like this.
  2. ceecee

ceecee Registered

No complaints here after the typical installation bugs.
    The driving is wonderful.
    Is the Audi a 4 wheel drive in the Pack ?
    Or a better question; is it possible to emulate 4 wheel drive in rF2 ?

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

The only good awd car I know at the moment is Audi 90 GTO mod.

GT3 cars are only rwd.

4. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Ok, pity.
    I remember that great Audi 90 Mod so it should be possible.

5. Emery

Emery Registered

mantasisg likes this.
  6. Hendrix

Hendrix Registered

The cars are modeled with traction control, because the real race cars have and use TC and ABS.

bhendrik and jayarrbee36 like this.
  7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

TC in there in real life GT3 cars, so why we should turn it off?! I don’t understand simracers when they want the car more difficult to drive.

8. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

The cars are a blast to drive, while the tyres seem to give more grip the tc settings seem to allow for more wheel spin, but still you can turn tc completely off and be heavy footed with throttle and not really have to worry.
    The reflections on the car body are not smooth for me, they load in and out, no transitions at all, also the driver model keeps disappearing along with other body parts, this also happened with the older gt3 pack and gte pack.
    The sound of the Audi from outside is disappointing really, but the Porsche and McLaren sound lovely

I also can’t see any difference with graphics of the car body’s, they look just as good as the older gt3-e cars to my eye, and in some cases worst.

I’m not a graphics guy so I don’t really know what to look for

But a solid pack of cars and very welcome, money well spent

mantasisg likes this.
  9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Well if I understand the very point of simulation correctly, then it is about replicating the reality, not making something easier, or more difficult. I just use these words to describe certain effects when I have a doubt about some details. We don't have to agree, and someone is eventually wrong, skepticism in simracing is something what I greatly miss. maybe people are afraid to be wrong ?

Of course there is TC, and it is there for a reason. If physics still applies to racing tires in 2018-19, then the adhesion of the rubber should nearly vanish as tires slip heavily and produce lots of heat creating a tarmac lubrication effect. Unless my knowledge and observations are wrong (I don't think so, but it is always possible).

Lars likes this.
  10. Louis

Louis Registered

For the amount of positive reviews of this gt3 pack, they must have dumbed down a lot lol

11. borbor

borbor Registered

People still bitching about tc in gt3, in basically 2019.

L o l.

Even the factory guys leave that shit on in the dry, and the armchair experts are debating this.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@mantasisg wasn't complaining about TC being available; he was saying there's so much grip without it, it seems pointless. So the angle of perhaps too much grip overall.

13. Alessio Feletto

Alessio Feletto Registered

Guys, are you sure you have the TC aids turned off? Just asking because if i smash the throttle, especially with the Audi and the Porsche, they starts slipping and you can do burnouts ;) (maybe i' m doing something wrong don' t know)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    Levelup1 likes this.
  14. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes, I thought it was obvious, but seems like some refuses to understand what I tried to express.

Too much grip overall is not the case, but just under some specific situation, which I named could be driving force slip ratio, and thats exactly whats the TC is for. Of course it is affecting overall grip in many situations when car is accelerating a lot.

If overall grip would be too high, then overall laptimes would be too fast. Seems to me like thats not the case, only how the grip is sorted, which affects the effort of pushing the car and confidence levels.

You should read more carefully before replying like that. No doubt they use some even in the dry optimum, and even with a tires which still has full grip. Thats because tires slip too much anyway. Would they use TC if tires wouldn't slip too much ? Thats right, they would not.

DrivingFast, tafkams and Lars like this.
  15. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

@mantasisg Maybe these gt3s uses some sort of torque by gear thing that limits the maximum torque to not be much more than what the tires can take on a specific gear. Some road/super cars seems to use that.

16. borbor

borbor Registered

Sure man, as you wish.

17. Filip

Filip Registered

I find BMW quite different from others. With TC off it needs careful throttle appliance and smoother driving to avoid unbalancing car into oversteer

Lars likes this.
  18. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

This is a front engine car, less weight on the rear wheels, but easier on curbs. The rear engine cars have more traction, but are more sensible on changing line/curbs.

fsuarez79 likes this.
  19. Filip

Filip Registered

Shouldn't a front engine car be more prone to understeer than oversteer? I am just curious, not claiming I know anything

Nitrometh likes this.
  20. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Yes, it should. At the entry of the curves these cars tend to understeer but when pushing the gas pedal a bit harder it will power oversteer.

MaD_King and Filip like this.