Released NEW! GT3 Challengers Pack NOW Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 22, 2018.

1. tpw

tpw Registered

As far as I'm concerned S397 have just released some of the greatest cars in all of simracing. I've spent a couple of hours trying them all out, and they are just bloody glorious! Looks, sounds, FFB, BOP, AI, all perfect. This is the first S397 release that hasn't had obvious visual/audio/FFB or AI bugs. Expensive but absolutely worth it, particularly since the $ doesn't just go to fund development of more DLC.

Standouts for me:
    PBR is a real step up. You really notice the difference compared to the older GT3 cars.
    All the sounds are phenomenal, but the the Audi cockpit sound is just brutal (in the best possible way), sounds like I'm driving a circular saw.
    The handling and FFB of the Porsche is sublime. I'm sure this'll be a favourite of many.

The only problem with this pack is that it highlights the ever widening gulf in quality between the paid DLC and other S397 and ISI content. I hope once S397 devs take a well earned holiday break they can work on getting the rest of the GT content up to this level (atrocious Merc FFB, in car display bugs on GTE 911 etc etc) for starters.

Merry Xmas to S397 and the rest of you too!

2. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I posted this elsewhere;
    "Something has gone wrong with Steam, rFactor 2 and the GT3 Challengers Pack. It took several attempts for me to finally purchase it, when it finally went through it seemed fine. First off I don't see the Aston Martin anywhere, when I try to load Sebring and the Audi rF2 crashes.

Has anyone experienced similar issues or has successfully loaded the cars? Is there a way to uninstall then reinstall the pack? The game files verified fine, I don't know what else to try but I would guess the install went wrong and has caused rF2 issues."

Any tips?

3. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

Wonderful DLC...thank to the Team from 397. Its so great. Rfactor 2 ist the best Sim ever...

4. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

All the cars feel good in terms of driving and ffb but I'm not seeing an improvement in graphics. The cockpits look dull and lack detail to me.
    I guess VR doesn't receive this new tech.

Edit:
    The cockpits are perfectly acceptable I was just expecting them to look better with the new tech. It was never my intention to put people off buying these fantastic cars.
    Sorry

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  5. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I heard somewhere that the new material system only works for the outside of the cars till the next improvements. I think it was in the stream today.

F1Aussie, Duvel and McKiernan like this.
  6. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

The aston Martin isn’t in this pack yet. They are waitibg approval, when that happens it will be in it. Don’t know what causes the other issue though

Voltaic likes this.
  7. stonec

stonec Registered

There is a massive improvement in external car graphics, probably the biggest improvement I've seen since joining rF2 beta in 2012. The external visuals leapt at least 10 years forwards with these new shaders, they are now IMO comparable to any AAA title. In-cockpit looks pretty similar to me as before, but I reckon these new shaders aren't doing much for in-cockpit materials, which are by default pretty non-reflective.

Also among all the graphics improvements, there is also a nice "something" in physics, which I didn't feel before. Cars seem to interact more naturally with bumps and the suspension is more alive. Overall all cars feel less glued to the road than in the previous GT3 pack.

Great work from everyone involved in this pack, time for holidays and fun with these cars...

Rony1984, pkelly and muzikant like this.
  8. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Jesus. All this hype and I can't go home before next weekend. Cruel Christmas. :D

9. LokiD

LokiD Registered

don't want to be that guy and im sure the cars are great. but wish we had some decent tracks to race them on.. imola, brands zolder hungaroring. better suzuka or sao Paulo or road America. not small club tracks like we have.

muzikant likes this.
  10. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Removing the d3d9.dll file from the Bin32 and Bin64 folders solved the problem for me. Running great so far. Other tips here.

11. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

Great DLC, thx Studio397

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There's no split between VR and non-VR. I would say that's just how the cockpits are.

13. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

we have all of them but not laser scanned
    1.brands hatch (laserscan)
    2.spa (laserscan)
    3.watkin glen (laserscan)
    4.Nordsleife (laserscan)
    can be found but they are not official laser scanned
    they good i belive
    also we have Suzuka (Matsusaka) not laser scanned but still very good (not up to date :( )

Levelup1 and Pocisk like this.
  14. DEK

DEK Registered

Cockpit grafics will be updatet later as mentioned in the live stream as well as the other cars etc.

F1Aussie, Duvel and GrimDad like this.
  15. Fernando Deutsch

Fernando Deutsch Registered

I did not used rFactor2 in months, and while I did not saw that much big improvement on graphics details, I definitely see a considerable performance gain in fps. I was even able to increase some graphic settings without losing to much fps. Something I notice with Afterburner is FB usage was way higher than before. No stutters very fluid behavior. No changes to my system, only updated my GTX1060 drivers. Was there any graphics engine changes on this latest build?

16. LokiD

LokiD Registered

That's what I'm saying just some dodgy mods we have to rely on

17. 006

006 Registered

I was really looking forward to driving these, jump in the bmw... get to the end of the pitlane... aaaand my wheel breaks. Merry ******* Christmas me. ARGH.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Look on the bright side: time for an upgrade! :cool:

Seriously though, that sucks.

19. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Thanks S397, shut-up and take my money. These cars are fabulous, have done a few laps in all of them and I'm lvoin' it. Merry Christmas. :cool::)

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You should turn off both those aids prior to leaving the garage. With those set to off, you then can adjust the TC and ABS with controls in-car. Of course you have to assign buttons or keys for these options, but the in-car adjustments don't work UNLESS you turn those aids off in the menus. Good Luck!

mesfigas and GTClub_wajdi like this.