Pit Stalls

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MarcoSaupe, Dec 22, 2018.

1. MarcoSaupe

MarcoSaupe Registered

Hi

I have two... well, something between suggestions and bugs for the pit stalls.

a) Sometimes when driving in the night, the pit stall marker is barely visible - it seems to depend very much on the lighting, one stop it's ok, next stop half an hour later you almost miss it, even though you know where it is; maybe the lights of other cars nearby have an influence as well.

b) Maybe the pit stall box could be made wider so 2 cars can pit at the same time - in league racing, when you have more cars in the grid than pit stalls so two cars have to share a pit, it's not nice, if e.g. the other car in your pit stall has to make a 3 minute repair stop while you just want to make a splash and dash...

Thank you
    Marco

2. If the league would tell drivers to go slighty outside the box, then it is actually do-able as it is now ;)

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

In many series this is part of team racing - you have to work out your pit timings to avoid both going in at the same time.

When this really doesn't work is when the garages aren't assigned properly and it's not even your teammate blocking you.

4. MarcoSaupe

MarcoSaupe Registered

Yes, I have no problem coordinating a regular stop with a teammate, this is not an issue at all.

But it is an issue, if I don't have a teammate and someone gets more or less randomly assigned the same pit, or even with a teammate, if he is standing in the pits for a 3 minute repair job, while I'm running out of fuel...

So please, just make the recognition area a bit wider... I won't complain about the marking lines clipping the pitwall or whatever ;)

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Actually most series you dont need to coordinate. You see this being needed more in F1, in most others they stop just close enough to get their service done and if necessary the crew will push the car.

In others like WEC the space is enough for both cars to get their service done one right behind another but you rarely see cars needing to wait in sports cars series. Some like IMSA will have pits done under FCY by class if necessary and if repairs are needed they happen in garage (big part of the problem in rF2)
    I requested an update to pit long ago https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/more-pit-stop-functionalities.57411/
    We actually should have a crew doing this stuff animated by now considering how GP4 did so long ago :)

As a minimum they could do like AMS at least, there is a message telling you about the other car sharing the stall requesting the pit, then you are also warned when they pit and when they leave the pits ;)

Emery likes this.