Rfactor2 The VR thread -settings & tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 30, 2017.

1. proff chaos

proff chaos Registered

I'm told the two sensors that come with it are fine and will even work well if set up properly in most cases. However, I just wanted to be sure, and be ready for anything. The third sensor is mainly for roomscale like MarcG mentioned. (other games when picking things up from the floor and moving around etc.)

bwana likes this.
  2. proff chaos

proff chaos Registered

So, Steam VR and Oculus Home will be running together while using the Rift right? Or does the workaround for Oculus Home work better? *sry if this has already been discussed.

3. proff chaos

proff chaos Registered

*Nevermind..oops:

4. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Since getting VR I find myself driving Euro Truck Simulator more than racing :D
    This sim doesn't use SteamVR

proff chaos likes this.
  5. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

6. JuanP006

JuanP006 Registered

Thank you for the quick reply. I am pretty much going to use it for rF2. I understand your issues were around fit, but performance wise is supposed to be good.... any thoughts around that?

7. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

performance was similar to CV1, resolution step up was noticeable. If it used ski-mask type (CV1) strap, I might've kept it. But really, read my review, I've put all of my observations in details there, and there are quite a few downsides that made me sell it. And, I also only care about rF2.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  8. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Registered

hello guys, can somenone suggest me (or link a previuos post) with suggested settings to have 90fps with a 1080ti? i run 1.2 SS

ps: @The Iron Wolf i'd want to thank you, i really appreciate your work.

9. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Glad you are enjoying it, but please guys, don't give me too much credit. It is Campbell Suter (Znix) who we all should be thankful for OC, I just added couple of features and cleaned up the DLL to contain only stuff required by rF2. Unless Pimax is a complete disaster, I am moving away from Oculus as well, so won't be able to do much more for WOC without Oculus headset going forward (although I'll try doing same bypass for Pimax, if HMD is usable). So, let's really hope that main project will get my features merged correctly and everyone who would like to have Steam VR bypass will use that.

10. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Registered

Hi Bart, sorry for the really slow reply, problem is it still drops FPS and ASW has to kick in, which is frustrating when it isn't showing a need to in the utilisation.

11. Michael Jeffries

Michael Jeffries Registered

Hey everyone! I have the Pimax 5k+ now and havent been in rfactor2 for a little while. I'm trying to get back into it, and I had rfactor2 installed and updated for the last few months. Today I bought the winter pack to get sebring and all the gt3 cars. I was on the dx11 beta since I only race in VR, and when it got to sebring it hung there and wouldnt install the workshop files while i was in the loader. I reverted to the regular version out of dx11 beta and it installed all the files. I went back to dx11 beta v1108 and i got into rfactor2's main menus. When I picked the AMG GT3 and Sebring to load into the race, the yellow bar on top wouldnt move and it just hung there. If I picked another track, I loaded in without an issue.

What's the issue with Sebring? Should I be on a different beta version for VR to work correctly?

GrimDad likes this.
  12. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Congratulations on your device Michael, there's no beta of rF2 anymore, you should use regular rF2 version. Not sure what is going on with Workshop, but it has glitches once in a while.

Once you get rF2 running, could you share your experiences with 5K+ in rF2? I've put a pre-order, and really curious how will it run using today's hardware. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  13. Michael Jeffries

How come when i started it up in the regular RF2 version, instead of one of the beta’s, the VR turned on in the headset, but it wasn’t freely moving around in the headset. It was as if the monitor was playing on a flat screen in the headset as if it was just mirroring the flat picture.

Not sure what’s going on with it

14. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Hello !
    I have an I7 7800 x, an RTX280 ti and an Oculus cv1.
    What are the best possible settings?
    With or without Nvidia Inspector.
    Thank you.

15. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

@Michael Jeffries
    From the launcher click settings / video settings / you will see a VR option select HMD+mirror

16. Michael Jeffries

Thanks

And is v1110 the latest?

17. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I believe it's 1.1112 at the time of posting.

18. Michael Jeffries

Thanks - i see it now. i will test it out and see if it works

19. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

To buy VR or not buy VR - THAT is the question...

Change my mind.

High price VS big fat pixels/muddy graphics VS the need for a beef PC (which i sorta kinda have and is one reason im leaning towards VR) VS great immersion (Another reason im leaning towards VR). What to do, what to do...

20. Michael Jeffries

So i got vr working but im around 55fps on sebring. Anyone know where i can find a graphics settings guide of sorts?

The Iron Wolf and GrimDad like this.