[REL] 1991 Group C v1.1 Released

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Dec 24, 2015.

1. DaveS78

DaveS78 Registered

These cars at Sebring with a DD wheel are absolutely brutal. Love it, though I am way off the pace compared to the AI.

2. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

You are right on both things. Try the AI at 85% of speed, they do 1.48 or 1.49 that is a great lap for a race. At 80% they don't get any better than 1.50

The AI speed changes brutally from track to track, but is always between 85% to 100%

PieterN and DaveS78 like this.
  3. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Thank you once again, Mak-Corp and Petros for your dedication and generosity in developing this mod - free - for us simmers. I too was wondering if there might be more to Emery's Sauber skin story as all mine seem to be the uninspiring grey of our current wet West Coast weather. Hopefully another skin pack will be deployed. Again, merci beacoup.

mesfigas and The Iron Wolf like this.
  4. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

Now that's the true spirit of Christmas! Giving without the expectation to receive.

Many, Many thanks @Petros Mak & @dbaldi etc. for your continued effort and accomplishments with your MODs. Outstanding.

The Iron Wolf and mesfigas like this.
  5. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

One of the intentions was simply to provide with more Sauber C11 vehicles because Porsche 962 and Mazda 787B had a lot more drivers and skins. When running a race against AI drivers there was only 1 sauber for every 8 porsches. If you wanted a balanced number you had to manually select them to appear on track (and probably boot some porsches and mazdas). This task was not confortable and many people didn't even know they can do that.
    Now we have 9 saubers, so that they appear in higher proportion automatically.

Also, 3 drivers were, historically, too small representation. There was other brave drivers who won races for Sauber team. For example, Mauro Baldi, who actually won 1990 championship sharing vehicle with J.L.Schlesser, and now "share" skin number 32 in the mod. Schumacher often shared car with Frentzen and Wendlinger, so they share 31 in the mod...

I think Sauber C11 was only 'silver arrow', but C9/C8/C7 skins could be interesting to watch.. or fantasy skins.. Can you imagine in black?

Emery, The Iron Wolf and Damian Baldi like this.
  6. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Thanks for the explanation, Raintyre. I guess I was hoping for a fantasy skin pack and hadn't a clue re the historical significance of them "Silver Arrows". Your Group C's are just awesome around High Speed Ring, and old Spa.

7. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I deeply appreciate historic accuracy, just wanted to make sure I understood correctly - IRL series there were fewer Saubers than other cars, and all skins in this mod are real? Thanks.

bravotangosix and rubennaatje like this.
  8. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks a lot, beautiful cars, great sounds, great fun to drive.
    Cheers.

9. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

If you want to increase the grid of 962s, there are scope for plenty more skins - I prefer to trade the fictional, factually incorrect and those that is from other cars (such as Toyota 90C-V on a 962C) skins for those, I wish I could do this myself if my graphic design skills were any good plus I like to see more of the early 2.8 versions, early works 2.6s as well as from other series (JSPC, Supercup, Interserie). Also, I don't see why should there be more than 5 787 skins when only 2 787 and 3 787B (would've been one less had it not won Le Mans) were built

Though they were less used after 1990, one of my criticism of the 962 mods is the lack of long/Le Mans tail, including the 1987 Le Mans winner and 1989 TLD car. Another criticism is the lack of 3.2-liter engine despite a few of cars depicted in the skins had that engine; they all either had the 3.0 twin turbo, the 3.0 GTP single turbo (none of those had that noticeable bulge or air scoop). Also on the same car, why just Yokohamas and Goodyears on the 962s when most of them had Dunlops

10. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Had to choose between the Monterey Classics Reunion or the IMSA race. Wish I chose this one:
    Caution, mostly IMSA GTP cars...

11. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I would like to have this one with the 4 in line turbo.

12. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Last time I saw it race was at 24Hr Daytona 1992. It spent about 20 minutes or more in the garage, gearbox change in the middle of the night. We watched from inside the garage for about ten minutes.

This mod lets old guys like me re-live our younger days! :)

13. Formula24

Formula24 Registered

Oooh GTP, yes please. They would need to be their own pack though because it would be very hard to balence them to the Group C cars, maybe include the Toyota/AAR Eagle MKIII, Jaguar XJR-16 or 17, Mazda RX 792-P, and Nissan GTP-ZX-T 1992 Spec or maybe even the IMSA spec P35? But I am probably getting a bit ahead of my self right now

Godwind Racing and Hazi like this.
  14. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Thank you so much for all your hard work! This mod is amazing.

One request: would it be possible to center the engine sound in cockpit view? It's off to the left in the Porsche and especially the Mazda (I haven't tried the Sauber). This may be realistic, but it's distracting. I would imagine it's even more so for folks who use headphones.

Thanks again for this mod!

Turbo likes this.
  15. RNeves

RNeves Registered

This!

I was asking myself if I was getting mad or if the sound was really off to the left...

Now I know I'm not the only one noticing it.

And BTW, in the Sauber, this is even more noticeable to me...

Turbo likes this.
  16. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

I wouldn't bother balancing them since they raced in their own class as their regulation were totally different. Twin-turbos were not permitted by IMSA until 1988; the IMSA GTP Jaguars (and the big-engined V8s) were not permitted to race with engine size over 6 liters and at Group C, the 1991 cars raced with 7.4 liters. The IMSA GTP Momo Porsche raced in their own class at Le Mans 1990 and Group C Nissans did the same at Daytona 1991-1992.

17. Formula24

Formula24 Registered

I said that they should be in there own pack because they shouldn't be balanced with the group C cars?

18. MagnusD

MagnusD Registered

Last time I checked the 787B was built according to IMSA GTP-rules so even from the offset of this mod the existing cars aren’t actually comparable in that sense.
    Nice mod anyways and nice to see it being worked on and updated! :)

19. jonrarit

jonrarit Registered

Many thanks to all involved in producing and updating this magnificent mod. All that's needed to make it perfect is the wiper & rain effect windscreen which I hope will follow in due course.

For anyone interested we league race these cars every Wed Night 8pm UK time.

Look for server "! SR4L Group C" . Everyone is welcome. See you on track. ...

Jonathan

Full details at www.simracers4life.com

Damian Baldi likes this.
  20. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

>>>All that's needed to make it perfect is the wiper & rain effect windscreen which I hope will follow in due course.

Hopefully there will be an update to improve that and also other details.