[REL] 1991 Group C v1.1 Released

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

I can copy the whiper issues. But the cars look and feel brilliant.
    I just absolutely love the sound of the Sauber.
    I was really worth waiting.
    Thanks guys :D

Alex72, Levelup1 and mesfigas like this.
  2. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG... :eek::)

Thanks a lot, guys! :cool:

rubennaatje, Foresight and pkelly like this.
  3. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hi Mantasisg,

As stated in the changelog the wipers are not currently working.

- Only functionality missing is fully working wiper functionality currently, but rain support is included already.

regards.

rubennaatje and Alex72 like this.
  4. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hi mesfigas,

As stated in the changelog the wipers are not currently working.

- Only functionality missing is fully working wiper functionality currently, but rain support is included already.

regards.

pkelly, rubennaatje and mesfigas like this.
  5. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hello John,

Thank you so much for your support and desire to donate. We create our mods through our passion for them and we don't accept donations as we create them for all of you. The entire team however appreciates your kindness and support in desiring to donate and we thank you however we do respectfully decline donations. We hope you don't take any offense, it's just our core group stance on modding.

Thanks again for your support, it's fans like you that drive us to continually build more and more mods as we get enough time to do so in between our commercial works. :)

6. Emery

Emery Registered

The Sauber skins repeat, like either the VEHs weren't updated to point to Alavaro's skins or the skins weren't included? 31, 32, 33 are fine, but then the skins just repeat 31, 32, 33 for the higher numbered vehicles.

7. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

A small guide about the new tyres to save testing time to everybody.

(Only for Porsche and Mazda)

- Goodyear R500 = Dunlop Sprint => (the softer compound)
    - Goodyear R600 = Dunlop Enduro => (the hardest compound)
    - Yokohama, this brand have an unique compound, the rear rim have a bigger diameter (19" instead 18") than the other brands. It is a medium compound with slow heating and very stable. If you treat it well it last longer than the other tires. Excellent for long runs with medium boost.

Tires were thought around warming, not only wear and grip as main target. The R500/Sprint warms more than the others by only rolling, so this compound is good for tracks with long straights with few sections of corners. The tires keeps the heat better for the next corner, i.e. Sebring, Le Mans, Road America, but they can't cold down in tracks like Sao Paulo o Portugal. The R600/Endurance is harder and resist better the long period of cornering. It warms less on the straights, so isn't so good at Le Mans or Road America where they cold down under the operational temp.

All the tires have an operational pressure around 165-170 kpa, and they take 3 to 5 laps to reach the highest pressure. So check the pressure after some test laps to set the cold pressure at the garage. The car moves to the sides until tires reach the highest pressure.

click to enlarge
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  8. evi

evi Registered

Petros and team,
    Thank you for excellent mod!
    Can I ask, what is the plan for mod manual - will it be updated to contain information for other cars as well?
    Information on C11 there is really excellent and helps understand the car and extract more from it.

Thank's again for your time and passion on this project!

9. Mauro

Mauro Registered

1991 Group C races: https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/...-sportscars/1991-world-sportscar-championship

For many tracks you could use F1 1988 track pack https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=835266682,
    but unfortunally it isn't dx11 :(

1991 Group C season:
    1: Suzuka F1 1988 trackpack / modern version https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=705367165
    2: Monza F1 1988 trackpack / modern version https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=755839736
    3: Silverstone F1 1988 trackpack / modern version https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=917387157
    4: Le Mans https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1117395228 (or 2017 modern version Link)
    5: Nurburgring (tourist layout) http://www.mediafire.com/file/nncwb5d3byp4s56/Nordschleife2_v2.30.rfcmp
    6: Magny Cours Link
    7: Mexico City Link
    8: Autopolis https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1559152337

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  10. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Huge thanks to the authors, another great series for rF2 :)

Guys, so in real life cars were H-shifted, right? Did they need clutch on upshfit/downshift?

PS: Thanks @Mauro for sharing season tracks, will be fun to recreate championship.

rubennaatje and Mauro like this.
  11. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

No foot clutching was needed except when in gear at a stop.
    The double clutch gearbox contains two separate clutches and their own gearbox groups. One of the clutches transmits the torque to the odd-numbered gears 1-3-5 and the other to the even-numbered gears 2-4. Two gears are engaged at the same time: the current driving gear and the pre-selected higher or lower gear. The switchover is done by the simultaneous hydraulically actuated opening of the first and closing of the second clutch, therefore the twin-clutch gearbox has no shifting interruptions in normal use. When you need to change two gears at a time, let say from 5th to 3rd, then it takes time as they both are on the same shaft.

Alex72, DaveS78, Seven Smiles and 3 others like this.
  12. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Thanks John, good, so rF2 gearbox implementation does not limit this series as much as some others. Was shifting done using H-shifter, or was it sequential floor mounted? I'd expect H-shifter, because sequential came in later AFAIK.

Also, do you happen to know if lift was necessary on shift, like in dogboxes?

13. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Its an H-Pattern to allow multiple steps. Absolutely needs to back off the throttle on shifts in part because the turbo popoff takes a hammering and settling time when its hit with no-load full throttle at popoff threshold, at least the IMSA versions did. The whistle you hear on gearshifts on the real cars is from the popoff open-close cycle venting.

Emery and The Iron Wolf like this.
  14. Emery

Emery Registered

While probably not important to know for Group C of this era, sequential shifters in racecars are much older than you know. Examples: lever-shifted Lotus queerbox of the late '50s and the H-pattern GT40 Mk1/Pantera was also sequential.

AFAIK, the paddle shifting sequential gearbox is as you believe, though I don't know when the single-ring push/pull paddle shifter appeared in rally cars.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  15. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

You are talking about the PDK gearbox. It was introduced in 1986, but it wasn't used all the time. At Le Mans they used it for qualifying but not at the race. However, I thinkg there is no way to modelate that in rf2.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  16. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Sequential shifters have been in motorcycle boxes since the time of WW1.

First car I ever drove with sequential shifting was an SCCA D-Sports Racer I built in 1980 powered by a Suzuki motorcycle engine. I was hooked on sequential by the end of my first test lap, and some 38 years later still prefer that to an H-Pattern.

MarcG and The Iron Wolf like this.
  17. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

I don't know about the Sauber, but the 962C and the 787 are full manual with clutch & dog-leg gearboxes (first gear is down).

Mauro and The Iron Wolf like this.
  18. Emery

Emery Registered

Yup, that's why I specified race cars :)
    First use of sequential in a car appears to have been in the early '30s.

19. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Schuppan's 962 (Rothmans Porsche #2) used the PDK in the race but didn't finish. :)

Damian Baldi likes this.
  20. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Well, many people think that in 1986 the PDK gearbox was the cause of Jo Gardner fatal accident at full speed,changing from 4th to 5th on the old long straight.

end of OT

Emery and GeraArg like this.