rFchallengers DLC - New GT3 cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JuanP006, Dec 12, 2018.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Remembering that Mclaren has been very cozy with S397, I will venture to guess the LAST car revealed will be the new 720S which almost won the 12hr Gulf race in it's debut. So far we have a distinctly Euro-flavored set of cars. If that continues, then a British Bent or Italian car would be the next announced(it's just turned Sunday the 16th here in BEEUTIFUL North Idaho. So by Monday, if a truly filled out field is the goal, then a Hurracan or 488 followed a day or two later by the Mclaren 720S GT3. Write these predictions down....

gabrielof and Emery like this.
  2. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Very little is known yet of the 2019 GT3 entry list but these are the cars that were raced in 2018 :

Already in GT3 Pack
    Mercedes-AMG GT3
    McLaren 650S GT3
    Bentley Continental GT3
    Radical RXC Turbo GT3
    Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R

Just Announced
    Porsche 911 GT3 R
    BMW M6 GT3
    Audi R8 LMS

Cars not in GT3 Packs (yet!)

Ferrari 488 GT3
    Lamborghini Huracán GT3
    Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3
    Honda NSX GT3
    Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
    Emil Frey Jaguar

Ernie, johnsclander, Beef36 and 8 others like this.
  3. McKiernan

McKiernan Registered

Personally speaking I would prefer that the cars yet to be announced are from marquees that are not already in the game. I've been a huge fan of real life GT3 racing for years and one of the reasons I find it so interesting is due to seeing the diversity of manufacturers competing against each other. I wouldn't be hugely disappointed if the the unannounced cars were the newer Bentley or McLaren, I would just prefer them to be from a marquee that's new to the sim.

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

But 720s would be quite a different car :D

Somebody wrote already that Lambo and Audi are related, so it could be Lambo after Audi.

I agree about new brands, personally IMO Lexus would be super cool. Aston Martin would be awesome, but afaik they are hard to license.

There are plenty more "unusual" GT3 cars homologated as listed in wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_GT3

Like Morgan ! Though obviously only the cars of few latest years are holding the interest of people, not to mention balance of power.

Pedro Delgado2 and McKiernan like this.
  5. sg333

sg333 Registered

I think we should get 6 cars this time, as an apology for including a Radical in the last pack :p

6. McKiernan

McKiernan Registered

Yes the 720s is a different car. In an ideal world we could have them all, but that's not likely really. I would also love the Aston or/and the Lexus.
    Who knows, maybe there'll a 3rd pack further down the road.

7. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Oh shame on me, i saw the Renault Picture and thought it was confirmed

8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I guess Aston would mean Nicki Thiim would drive it :D

I watched one of his live streams when he was racing in iR (though used rarri), it was damn entertaining to watch.

9. misi

misi Registered

I don't know if anyone noticed that, but it seems to me that this pack is carrying some outdated cars:

- Porsche unveiled 2019-spec 911 GT3 R, and Manthey Racing already raced it in VLN:

in this pack I only see the current (old) one

- Audi unveiled, and already raced in VLN, the "Evo" R8, that is going to be raced in 2019:

Is S397 perhaps refreshing the pack with the new Aston Martin Vantage GT3 and Mclaren 720s GT3?

PS: M6 GT3 is nice but... we already have M8 GTE, that is newer and nicer!
    Why don't we have the M6 GTE, that is basically 90% the same (exteriorly, at least) the same of the M6 GT3?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Porsches look all the same in a 20 years gap so who cares :D (unless there is important changes like moving the engine to the center in the new GTE, not the case with the GT3)
    Audi is just an evo kit, not a full new car. Doesn't look too different from the past one.
    GTE and GT3 are different classes. The M6 GTE was not an official GTE car, it was allowed by IMSA to race in the class till BMW built a proper GTE (the M8). There were some rumors about the next GT3 from BMW but people are not sure if will continue with the M6 or go back to the Z4 line.

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  11. gabrielof

gabrielof Registered

I would rather have a GTE Aston than GT3. Far more remarkable I would say.
    Apart from Ferrari, I would pick Lambo and Nissan to complete the package. Although it seems like S397 is hiding a surprise.

mantasisg likes this.
  12. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thats what I don't like about people who are all about newest modern race cars. Even though cars change in baby details, for them previous season cars will always be cold already.

What about 00's cars, thats probably ancient already. Cars from 1930s would be beyond Flintstones, I suppose.

Thats just not right people...

13. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

GTE is a different category which S397 will hopefully also expand. Having a full, or as big, a GT3 field is a win-win for us all. I also suspect (or hope) more P2 and P3 cars may be coming. Who knows, next year we may bring

jayarrbee36, mesfigas and McKiernan like this.
  14. JuanP006

JuanP006 Registered

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    jayarrbee36 likes this.
  15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Would Audi and Fiat be tied close enough for a license to be negotiated for both at the same time? Essentially VW. That would allow the possibility of the the Hurracan OR the 488. But I don't know if parent companies can negotiate for the smaller companies.

16. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Release next Friday before Christmas or before the end of the year is my guess (or wish?)

17. gabrielof

gabrielof Registered

I would bet on Christmas. Check out the last roadmap:

"Looking forward to bringing you some very cool toys to play with this Christmas!"

fsuarez79 likes this.
  18. Achim K

Achim K Registered

Ich hoffe nur das diesmal die Sounds Getreal sein werden???!!! Ansonsten ist Rfactor2 das allergrößte .. ..

19. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Finally a R8 among the gt3 cars. I just hope and pray that they sort out the olders cars too. There a bugs like reported earlier in this thread. The ai isn’t balanced good either. I hope the cars can be bop-ed against each other. The Bentley ai is by far the slowest. Offline racing against the ai isn’t much fun when you only compete with the Corvette, or the Merc. When creating virtual drives and setting the ai to a speed of 85 and set the iverakk ai strenth to 100, the Merc are drifting out every fast corner they can find. I’m think that there is a large ofline community for RF2, because when the ai can set up properly, you can have a fantastic race against the ai. Good balancing of the cars against each other is helping with this. Or give us at least the possibility to balance them out ourselves using the ai strenth per manufacturer

20. sg333

sg333 Registered

The last tweet says :

we will reveal the missing 2 GT3s as soon as we can ;)

so that seems to imply waiting for approval from whomever, so I guess any release is at the mercy of that