Did we all miss some announcements?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Louis

Louis Registered

Whatever social media they will give attention, i hope they link it to where they give support in the new ui
    suppot.png
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?applicationform/support-question.6/form

I prefer this fórum but whatever they choose, it should treated like the main source of rf2 News and support, i think. Its kind silly team staff givimg support or releasing news in racedepartment or any other than the official channel (at least until ui change)

edit:seeing now a lot of steam promotions in twitter page

pkelly likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

At least a forum acts as a repository... which people may not bother searching, but they don't on discord anyway and discussions are all over the place there. Half the time someone tags someone else to reply to them and I have no idea what the first person said. Maybe I just don't know how to use it.

With threads all sitting here you can see what sort of issues people had, find anything recent, gauge trends. Plus I don't jump on at my 'good' time and find people sitting up late on the other side of the world talking about all sorts of crap, or have to search back through 6+ hours of said crap to find what people were talking about when discussions were normal.

But maybe this is how things are going. Not sure about that comment regarding the forums above either... probably as balanced here as anywhere else, seems to be a fair amount of constructive criticism.

pkelly, TheGame316, GrimDad and 4 others like this.
  3. bwana

bwana Registered

That’s what l dislike about discord , just so random and messy. Forums and sub forums , search and ‘new post ‘ features are much better in my opinion..

4. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I like Discord for several reasons, but it isn't messy at all if set up right. There is an announcements channel where you can basicly grad all the news for rF2. Would be good to get it on forums aswell, but social media is the way to go from my perspective.

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yeah there is no mess in Discord really. Just go to the specific channels and post stuff.
    Also the search feature works better there than here, way better

6. Bernd

Bernd Registered

The Problem is not that news are posted on social media platforms, but they should also be posted here at the same time.
    Better: everything should be posted at every platform.
    It is no good way to post this thing at twitter only and that thing at facebook only and another thing at discord only.
    For example, i doubt that every rf2 user did notice the from @Coutie posted Announcement on Twitter Link
    I didn't see that announcement here.
    Or is it maybe meant for twitter users exclusively?

McKiernan and bwana like this.
  7. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

Not agree, I think there have been criticism in many many threads/topics: UI, VR, Reiza pack, you name it... But i what i see most is a friendly community and really good people here.

I think it's a great idea and gonna open it myself.

8. bwana

bwana Registered

I guess it comes down to knowing how it all works . First time users are greeted with a mess

9. bwana

bwana Registered

Just tried discord again and with help from Alves was able to nut a few things out, it seems a bit more organised now from my 1st attempt when it was first announced .. Still tak e some getting used to.

Alex72 and Jason Whited like this.
  10. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

:D Discord is like the ultimate communication platform with ability to talk, post messages just like here and you can have different channels/groups etc etc. A comprehensive communications platform. Can even reach it from browser in case you dont want it installed. Its like teamspeak but much much more. :)

Edit: Saw your newest post now... I guess you know by now, lol.

bwana likes this.
  11. bwana

bwana Registered

Still learning its feature , as said for older users , new is not always simple

GrimDad, Emery and Alex72 like this.
  12. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I miss the old days 592B2A94-BFAD-4DC2-B2B9-AC3197C991B6.gif

McKiernan, Alex72, Nimugp and 3 others like this.
  13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Moving forward is great, but some stuff should stay.

14. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Only the necessary info. No fluff or small talk. :D

patchedupdemon likes this.
  15. Louis

Louis Registered

Fear the new ui (like me) :D

GrimDad and bwana like this.
  16. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

I don't like any social media especially as they seem to be being used as data gathering machines.
    Programs like Discord being free makes me question it even more. I looked, didn't like what I saw and removed it.

The new UI is probably is going to be useful but frustrating to have to learn what has changed.
    Getting old is a bitch!

bwana, Louis and ceecee like this.
  17. Louis

Louis Registered

Fórum is public. You dont have to login to search and read. No need to follow anyone or anything.
    I think at least official support and updates should still exclusive to this fórum.
    I would be glad if twitter and discord was only for chatting, announcements, promotions, new releases, etc... Eventually, who doesn´t want to engage in another social app, will get the News about promos, releases, etc...

bwana likes this.
  18. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

AA119D13-D5C6-4D99-BC15-0E2CEE319958.gif We had discord way before you youngsters

Alex72, mesfigas and Louis like this.
  19. sg333

sg333 Registered

I pop in and out of the Discord but I find it very cliquey

David Kolody likes this.
  20. bwana

bwana Registered

Got that feeling , same few guys in the corner looking at the newbie coming through the door

GrimDad likes this.