Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

sorry for asking but what fresh new front tyres mean ?

avenger82 likes this.
  2. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Referring to

JimmyT likes this.
  3. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Love the Bentley, thank you. Just one question. What's up with the Porsche ai, pitting after a half hour, while the rest of the ai cars pit after a hour drive for the ai. Like to do endurance races with the ai put the Porsche is killing immersion by pitting this early.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

This may sound like a dumb question, but I've been unable to run rF2 since before the Mclaren Shadow releases. All seems fixed now and I wanted to try out your GT3 cars. However..... I seem to have A-lot of GT3 mods. Some show v3.0, while others in the same category(AMGT3) show versions that match this thread: v1.05. How do I know I've got the right car selected AND the right AI group?
    I'm getting a lot of dx11 type errors with some cars appearing as if they have a vertical box around them and others displaying a large white circle when they are in front of me. I suspect I'm mixing mods but I haven't been able to sort them out yet. Cleared the shaders etc but I'll go in and do it by hand just to be sure.

5. yoss

yoss Registered

we don't know why , everything seem exactly setted the same way the others car , ai fuel strategy and fuel tank liters , we need to look about but later , for now we are very busy on "others projects "
    try to go to steam\SteamApps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings and save /delete personnal skin made for the mod ; clean all the rfmod you have may be dled from various servers , uninstall some "others " no official content gt3 mod etc etc
    official version is 1.05 steam automaticly use more advanced version but don't uninstall old version , for our mod , last version was 1.02

6. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Thank you for the update! One bug I saw, the side mirrors are not adjustable on the 458.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

thanks!

yoss likes this.
  8. yoss

yoss Registered

strange ,everything is done for made the think working, we look about when we can .

9. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Thanks for the update Yoss, love your work. :cool:

yoss and pkelly like this.
  10. yoss

yoss Registered

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Boy when I couldn't drive, I must have been a busy little beaver collecting anything gt3. Thanks for your tips, cleaned out a-lot of extras and all the blooms have vanished. Great feel, very enjoyable now.

yoss likes this.
  12. yoss

yoss Registered

13. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Did some more testing with the Porsche. They shred their tyres, full comsumption is allright, bit they all pit (ai) after half an hour because they heave no tyres left. Did a race at Monza, with the ai. Drove myself the first 2 laps, then handed over to the ai driver. After 20 minutes crew chief said: your tyres are schreded. Took backthe wheel myself and looked at my tyres. They were almost completely gone. I had to pit after 32 minutes, the other ai porsches did the same. Laptimes of the ai Porsche drivers were dropping back from 1.51 to 1.53. So, ….the problem with the ai porsches pitting early are the tyres, they don't last a stint, while the other cars (Bentley, bmw etc etc) are pitting after 50 - 55 minutes for fuel and tyres, put they pit becaus they ran out of fuel, not the tyres.
    The Porsche is a lively car, with much movement. First understeer and then oversteer, that's realy fun, but, look at the movement of the arms when the ai is driving and compare that to example the Bentley. Something is not right with the Porsche. Really love this mod Yoss, but can you please look at the Porsche. Hope this helps, thanks

yoss likes this.
  14. yoss

yoss Registered

Ty for the feedback and for the time you past on it .As we say we can try to debugg if something is wrong, but i m sorry i don't understand the problem :
    - Is it the ai tyres ? Ai use Tbc file and have nothing to see with TGm file , wear of the one files can't be affected by the other, or we miss something somewhere
    - Is it the Human player tyres? Human Drivers who made the Nordschleife race don't say they need to pit every 4 laps for change tyres or we miss again something .Nordschleife lap time was around 8.xxx minutes so 4 lap = around more or less 32 m .Human player use Tgm file .

15. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

It's the ai tyre. When i give up the wheel after one lap and let the ai take over to do te rest of the stint, it uses the tbc files right? So the ai drives my selected car (wich i started for one lap). Al other ai can do a stint of 50 - 55 minutes, except the Porsches. At 30 minutes in to the stint my ai driver get warnings (crew chief) that the ai tyres are going off. Just like the other Porsche ai, mij ai driver has to pit after 35 minutes because the tires are totaly gone. Pitstoptimes of the Porsche ai are also shorter then rest of the ai, and thats because they still got fuel in the tank

yoss likes this.
  16. yoss

yoss Registered

ok ty for the clear explain ,i promise you that we look on porsche tbc file , but we are very very busy for the moment ,so don't expect a fast fix

bhendrik likes this.
  17. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

thanks for the reply. No hurry and good luck with the other projects. Staring up the Bentley once more :)

yoss likes this.
  18. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

Like to see them being balanced out with the official GT3 packs, also include those from other series (ie GT300) but leave out the Bentley (only need one and that's the official version)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Chris Lesperance likes this.
  19. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

While balancing the cars out, take a look at the Merc also (ai). They are limited to 166 km per hour top speed while the other cars reach 176. So at le mans, Daytona, Monza and Spa they are hurt on the long straiths. If you set the topspeed to 176 we can balance them out outselves using talent files (virtual drives) and BOP (ai strenght per car) them at any circuit.

20. yoss

yoss Registered

added in first post a dropbox link of the rfcmp of the mod for manual installation : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zze3n5wt99tlkdx/AACMRiaWBGJcgkRqM8pm81R-a?dl=0
    yes we look on sls too

bhendrik, Corti, pkelly and 2 others like this.