The REIZA DLC.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I for see that we will get it

2. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

3 weeks max

3. Filip

Filip Registered

It was announced for August so why impatience? Plenty of time... :D

4. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Registered

*opens rF2 launcher, scans through multiplayer listings......sees Portland (which is another question asked repeatedly here and elsewhere), and more than one "Reiza Beta" server running.

It's being worked on, that's obvious.

Patience, grasshoppers, lest you receive a shitty product rushed to market verses one that is as it should be from the start.

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  5. Filip

Filip Registered

o_O:rolleyes:

6. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Registered

Sorry, I don't speak smileys.
    You're going to have to articulate, as hard as that may be :p

Lance Link likes this.
  7. Mauro

Mauro Registered

I think reiza pack could be christmas present

8. Filip

Filip Registered

Ok...you are saying we need to be patient for something that is 4 months overdue.
    Or maybe you were sarcastic in that case I apologize.

9. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Registered

Not sarcasm, I was very serious.
    Yes, we should be patient. And, I expect that the reward of this patience will be a product ready for market, rather than a sloppily thrown together product designed merely to satiate the desires of the impatient.

Reiza has explained (to some extent) why there is a wait.
    Issues have arisen, complications.

I don't understand the impatience. I too am waiting and I am very interested in the bundle. However, I have a TON of other content to keep me busy while Reiza does what they do (which is to perfect everything they touch rather than to deliver sloppy and/or unfinished product)

Sometimes, feels like many are just "collectors".....just craving the "next thing"....next car, next track...."oh god, they said it'd be last month and it's not here....ahhhh.....why have they done this to me!"

Yeah, it's comical, but it's how it feels reading this type of thing every single day.

Be patient, it's coming. If it was not, the servers with the content being tested on them (labeled "Reiza Beta" and the like) would not be up.
    They are working on it, and trying to assure quality. I'm not sure what more people want, except I suppose some expect things to just work out all the time, no hindrances, no set backs...it's all a bit ridiculous.

Now, if I patiently wait for all this time for this pack, and then when it's delivered it is unfinished/sloppy/does not work as it should, then I will join in the game of complaining.
    I expect the product will be as it should be out of the box....and that in and of itself is the reward for the wait, no matter the length of time.

There is an absolute TON of sim racing content available to us all, right now. We will not die waiting for this bundle....and frankly, once the bundle is released and a few months old, most of those begging for and asking about it daily now, will not even be discussing it because they'll be on to "the next big thing"...yet again....chasing whatever it is they chase.

Yeah.... :rolleyes: indeed.

vittorio, Ernie, Bernardo and 4 others like this.
  10. Filip

Filip Registered

If you read this thread you'll see civilized posts and people were very patient.
    DLC was first announced in July for August release, then delayed till September, then Nov 02 Reiza said 3 weeks max but beginning of December they still didn't deliver to S397.
    So almost 5 months after something that was announced for next month you have the arrogance to preach about patience?
    It is irrelevant whose "fault" is it and why was release date overshoot 500% but then expect people to ask, comment and joke about it. Nobody here is acting like impatient whining collector, it's all in your head. Mibrandt post and my post were sarcasms.
    You read these posts everyday? Where? This thread had less than 20 posts until today (in fact I find it sad, it would be better if there was more interest).

Your post had that irritating self help tone about importance of patience and it is full of presumptions how everyone doesn't appreciate existing content, jumping to next big thing etc. But these are all just prejudices.
    There were occasions when your complaints about impatient whiners would be justified, this is not of one them.

DaREALMastaD and Lance Link like this.
  11. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Registered

Look, you can feign ignorance to the fact that this question is repeated every single day lately, here and abound, and that is fine. Whatever.
    However, just take a look around, Reiza forums, these forums, RD forums...should I list about 10 more places this is a frequently reoccurring question?

I couldn't care less how patient or impatient others are in regards to this content, or any other thing.
    I wasn't basing my comments solely on this thread, but the overall feel of threads in this vein. Perhaps I generalized a bit...ok then.

Gets a bit old though, and oft times these questions sound more like demands (not necessarily here, but the question in general)...like because Reiza stated a deadline, we are somehow entitled to the content right that minute, and if they don't deliver....well then!

Things happen...and it is absolutely relevant who or what is at fault (it's not who, it's whatever issues they've ran into, or they're waiting for something...or something...I have no clue)

Have at it with the jokes, the complaints, the comments, whatever.
    I guarantee you it has no bearing on when the mod is released...and fact of the matter is, in the time it takes to write "any news on this release" (for the 100th time) one could easily find that information for themselves.

Mark these words, half the same crowd constantly asking this question will be complaining when it's finally released because it "costs too much"....yata yata, blah blah....

About to do some club racing, so I'm back to lurking and not caring about this sort of thing.
    Enjoy your anticipation ;)

McKiernan likes this.
  12. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The thing is, that you aren't entitled to anything. So if Reiza decided to not release anything for whatever reason because plans have changed, would it actually matter? It would be no loss after all or have you preordered anything? Reading comments like yours in the sim racing community it makes me wonder if all the sim racers are running out of time and will get instagibbed by January 1st 2019. I recently took a little step back from sim racing just to see how things evolve and I am glad to get back into it once things have settled down for the various products. Knowing Reiza, the wait will be well worth it. So relax, take a break and don't call other people arrogant, because it makes you look arrogant. ;)

McKiernan, Will Mazeo, Emery and 2 others like this.
  13. Filip

Filip Registered

Why are you implying that I feel entitled to anything? Did I complain about delayed release? Where did you read all of that? No, I was triggered by Jakals arrogant post (Patience, grasshoppers..) and then more of his prejudiced lecturing in subsequent post in an otherwise civilized thread. And now you come with more prejudice after you totally missed the point. Please reread next time better before posting.

One thing should be obvious: if a company promises release in a 30 days they can not expect 130 days later for (all) people to patiently and silently wait like nothing happened. Some people don't read all forums and are not aware of Reiza delays. They have read in a road map it'll come in August and now in December they are curious is it out already, was it cancelled etc. There are overly impatient ones but in this case I'd say they have every right to be (although in this particular thread nobody is).
    Devs are perfectly aware of all this and this delay is hardest for them. I personally don't blame them, I don't feel entitled to anything (I have plenty of content to play for another few years thanks for asking Jakal) and I wish them all the luck and success.

DaREALMastaD likes this.
  14. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

I'm still waiting for the LFS scirocco. A little patience please.

[​IMG]

IgnacioK and pkelly like this.
  15. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Wow, thats 10 years anniversary for that announcement vid.

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Want these formula V’s
    So it’s an instant buy from me

Generally though I’m really only interested in laser tracks but I do like open top sim-cars

pkelly, bwana, vittorio and 2 others like this.
  17. joekart

joekart Registered

I don't care. So many good things to play now....

Adrianstealth likes this.
  18. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Yes, these formula Vees look like being a challenge. I want that!

Adrianstealth likes this.
  19. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

The Formula Vee is one of my favorite cars in AMS and it should be great to have in rF2 as well.

20. Juwe Lahann

Juwe Lahann Registered

I love those mcr 2000 things at Cadwell park.