[REL] 1967 Endurance (Proto/Sports/GT) - modded Howston G4

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by woochoo, Jan 5, 2015.

1. william butler

william butler Registered

Totally agree with you woochoo. At this point I am just looking at possible sources for cars, etc and would need to get permission from the makers. Anything that I did for SCGT included permission to convert it to other formats as long as it was credited. The guys at Virtua LM have posted on their Facebook page that the GTPC mod for RFactor1 can be used if credit is properly noted, but that is another era.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    pkelly, Duncan, Mauro and 1 other person like this.
  2. Mauro

Mauro Registered

updated car list v1.51 for better comprension

(LibreOffice .ods file: Link)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

P.S. useful additional info by Woochoo:
    The list (and photos) i've used the most is at http://www.lemans-history.com/equipas.php?ano=1967&_ordem=1&evento=

The Proto 3-5L class, which is mainly the "red" cars, does compete well against most of the the 5+ cars at most tracks.
    Sports 3-5L is also similar.
    Le Grand Circuit is a special circumstance where the Forster x4 cars can reach their full speed, but they the loose a lot of that advantage at probably every other track.
    The x4 also uses a lot of fuel at Le Grand Circuit. Maybe 20-21 laps. Other 5+ and 3-5L cars do ~23-26 laps.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Adding a bump to keep this visible. This is a great historical mod. Thanks to Mauro for compiling this list.

Mauro likes this.
  4. Mauro

Mauro Registered

about 1967 endurance jewels
    can-am mclaren M6A

TassyDevil, pkelly and Alex72 like this.
  5. Mauro

Mauro Registered

for enjoing offline, we can also recreate a 1967 Endurance trackpack (Link)

1967 International Championship Sports-Prototypes season:
    01: Daytona Road Course Link
    02: Sebring (pay dlc) Link or free VLM version Link
    03: Monza https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1238611586
    04: Spa https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=537632245
    05: Targa Florio (bad road mesh) Link
    06: Nurburgring (tourist layout) Link
    07: Le Mans https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1213606756
    08: Brands Hatch Link

6. woochoo

woochoo Registered

TassyDevil and Mauro like this.
  7. Legend

Legend Registered

thanks guys very useful info!

8. BorekS

BorekS Registered

hi, you could check this my site ;) it is a scratch made stuff or total overhauls of old 3d models, permission correct. no rips.

Legend likes this.
  9. Legend

Legend Registered

10. BorekS

BorekS Registered

the LE MANS CLASSICS mod release for GTL/GTR2 contents

Ferrari 330 P3/4
    Ferrari 330 P4
    Ferrari 412P
    Ford Mk.IV
    Porsche 907 K
    Porsche 907 LH
    Porsche 908 K
    Porsche 908 LH
    Porsche 917 K
    Porsche 917 L

the rest is in work, latestly Costin-Nathan GT and Abarth 1300 OT (see to blog at site below).

Legend likes this.
  11. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I started a conversion of this a long time ago.... but I'm not good enough or knowledgeable enough with the shaders and other file setups to do this one properly.

20170612202204_1.jpg

@woochoo and @mantasisg please consider these models after your LM54 mod edit.

12. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Thanks. If it's permissible to update the models and add rF2 functionality to them it would be nice to have the relevant cars into the mod.
    I don't think I'd have the work-time, but would be happy to have someone else handle it if it were to happen :)

mantasisg, alexSchmurtz and jimagn like this.
  13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

A lot of interesting cars !

It is not so bad to have cars in way woochoo does by modifying ISI cars, using them as generic base models.

Definitely models that would be looking much more accurately would be great. There is something more to it IMO, the quality has to be just good enough, and match with Howston quality. IMO Howstons are not crazy good quality, but it those ISI cars are cleanly done, eventually has driver model in position working nicely. We would have to look more closely at these models, and decide how it would work. It would be great to get together as community for this, because for a few folks to do everything is a bit of a kill.

Even though, I guess, models are from previous decade, they still looks attractive. With driver models, necessary functions applied, and some plastic surgery they could possibly work well.

woochoo likes this.
  14. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Upload the mod and all with resources to gitlab and make a community project, let everyone who can do their bit in what he knows. ;)

Seven Smiles and woochoo like this.
  15. BorekS

BorekS Registered

I like the way how woochoo did the 1967 mockups too. its my cup of thea infact, used in my stuff widely, eg. the Cooper T73 mod, to simulate F1 1964 full grid :)

anyway, I would recommend to download the LMC mod and install it in its natural habitat (which is GTR 2/Power and Glory or GTL) to meet the cars first. all the vehicles are eighter scratch stuff or they got the plastic surgery already including new cockpits - if you mean it is rF1 SCGT or other known origin :)

the final ingame result depends on the shader usage. I cant say for rFactor 2, but in Automobilista it would look better and in Assetto Corsa excellently, some such images available on the simgarage site :)

however, needs to know this mod, so like all my other ones, is designed for low performance PC full grid racing, so you cant awaiting any orgasmic polygonal exhibition there :)

in case of serious conversion I could offer help to "patch" the LE MANS CLASSICS specular maps / skins as it happen for the rFactor 2 F1 LEGENDS RACING mod.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    pascom, Duncan, woochoo and 1 other person like this.
  16. BorekS

BorekS Registered

here is a few low quality videosamples at least:

Sebastien Sestacq and jimagn like this.
  17. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Yes, fortunately the BT-20 driver should work well with this one, possibly without the goggles. It's right in the era. Windscreen rain and working wipers would be another addition.

Thanks for being so open to this project, BorekS.
    It might be a good opportunity for someone to look into the new rF2 PBR shaders, but if not I'm sure some good results can be had with the old system.
    It's a good point about the models being suitable for large grids, relative to poly density. I could expect there would be some things from cockpit view that could use some smoothing. Usual things like wheel arches, mirrors, steering wheel, which tend to get a lot of eyeball. I did smooth the G4 wheel arches a little.

I do kinda like the idea of this, but dealing with git stuff isn't something i'm on top of. If anyone else wanted to have a go at administering some sort of version control and project oversight we can talk :)

18. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I would agree that such community work definately needs a leading person that manages it.
    If just uploaded for all, it would end with a lot of different versions that would cause problems only, i fear.
    If such a managed project will be started, i could offer to try to add rain effects on the windshield and working wipers, that aren't available yet, if i understood it right.
    Just contact me if needed.

19. woochoo

woochoo Registered

That sounds great, thanks Bernd. The 397 G4 does have water effects implemented, but not in my pack. So adding that to the modified G4 meshes ought to be somewhat straight forward. All the UVs are intact, though there might be some trouble with the big wing and struts of the white cars, and the fins on one of the slower blue models. They're just reused existing UV zones. Adding the effects to any new cars would also be fantastic, thanks :) I'll be in touch if things start moving

20. Bernd

Bernd Registered

OK.