Somethings wondersful happened!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alex72, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

So, i installed rF2 and my gear again after updating my PC. I kept my GTX980 GPU and my Corsair AX860i PSU while changing everything else. Fired up the sim. Ultimate FPS test - Sebring...

Loaded into the pits. Checked FPS in menu's. 60FPS. Ok, ok, thats good but it wont last im sure. I hit the button and sit in the car. 60 freaking FPS still. Ok, ok, cool, but lets look backwards over all the cars in the pit. That will DEFINITELY mess my FPS up. Looks back - 60FPS!

Ok, this is just a freak thing. Lets drive and see. Gets around the track. Being around cars. 60 freaking FPS all around. On triple screen! :D

Sorry to waste space and time here but you have no idea how happy this made me. :) Also, the M2 SSD's load this sim so damn fast. Well, it loads everything fast, lol. Windows takes about 2-3 seconds to load every time. Downloading games shows the drives are faster than my internet so there is never a chaching/buffering(?) delay - its just straight onto the drive from the internet, and because of the M2 SSD speed i get about 6mb/s faster internet speed than i pay for! Not 6mbit/s but 6mb/s. It happened as soon as i installed these drives. Never had that extra internet speed before those drives. Anyway, wohoo! :)

2. Louis

Louis Registered

46261.jpg

:D

Alex72 likes this.
  3. bwana

bwana Registered

It’s a great feeling hitting the sweet spot with hardware . Enjoy

M D Gourley and Alex72 like this.
  4. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Louis likes this.
  5. stonec

stonec Registered

Your loading time improvement in rF2 was more likely due to CPU change than new SSD. M2 SSD's provide great transfer rates, but a track is only about 500 MB of textures, so the sequential transfer rate is not the bottleneck. Most of the delay in track loading time is from CPU decrypting stuff.

Not sure I understood how SSD helps Internet speed, but nice it got improved.

Alex72 and M D Gourley like this.
  6. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

I have a noticeable increase on performing from going to a FX6300@3,9 to a FX8300@3,6 (still doing OC testing, but it does 3,9-4 easily, i just want to do it at the lowest voltage possible) and increasing RAM from 8 to 16gb. All of this while maintaning my MSI 1050 2gb (love this little beast and don't have intention of change it until Nvidia 2050/2060).

While i maintain the same graphic options in RF2, AI races now race more smoothly, so i'm really happy and i understand Alex. Enjoy!

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

perhaps faster loading of cache material. ???

8. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I’ve just transferred the rf2 steam location from my hdd to my ssd, it has dramatically reduced the steam sync time, and track loading times, I haven’t changed any other part like cpu etc
    There’s definitely an improvement

9. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

Absolutely happy for you...may I know what the new upgraded parts for the PC are?.

Alex72 likes this.
  10. Louis

Louis Registered

new bong

11. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I turned up shadows and some other video settings without getting a new videocard and im stable 60FPS. Shadows to medium with my older CPU, RAM, MOBO and SSD would drop my FPS to 30-40 when around other cars. I guess more speed in general plus going from PCI-e 2.0 to 3.0 let me crank some settings up. :)

M D Gourley and Louis like this.
  12. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Everything in my signature minus the video card and PSU (Corsair AX860i). Already had that (and couldnt afford a 1080 after buying all that, lol).

M D Gourley likes this.