Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Goanna

Goanna Registered

@JimmyT This is what I did.... Uninstall the current version eg Bentley is 1.97, which also uninstalled 1.96 (the base). I then left v1.96 and v1.971 rfcmp's in the packages folder (move v1.97 elsewhere), then refresh modmanager which will show 1.96 as not installed....install it and then there will be an update available (which is 1.971)

JimmyT and Emery like this.
  2. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Thank you Gents. @Christopher Elliott I have read the threads but I haven't used that method, I appreciate the quick response though.
    @Goanna That did the trick, if I hadn't had people waiting to join (and getting older version sent to them :p) I might have put more thought into it at the time :oops:. Makes logical sense when you have the answer, like most things.
    Thanks again. :cool:

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

BTW, i5 6600k @ 4.7GHz Single threaded score is 2752 :)
    @ 4.4 it is 2572 .

Attached Files:

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I7 6700k @4.0ghz, single thread score 2422. I used the bench test in cpu-z since that was displayed in the post, but that came up with a much MUCH lower number. {like 448ish} Then I realized you were using a different bench test program and at least I got a number that is on the same lap. I imagine if I put the gamer settings on and upped the cpu to 4.4ghz, I might see a higher number.

5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

What is interesting with CPU performance is that if there is better min/max fps when 1109 Rain Effects are used, high vs low CPU clocks.
    I have tested 1109 Rain Effects with I7 8700k, 5,2 GHz, 1080Ti, 2150 MHz vs 3,2 GHz, 1950 MHz and there is only about 5 FPS better performance with 5,2 GHz/2150 MHz and it is interesting to see if this is going to change when performance update is released.

However keep in mind that it is single core performance is what counts in gaming. Don`t trust all those YouTube videos and benchmarks which other people has done and I think if you read post above you have have answer why you should not if you are using your PC to gaming only.
    I can also see that many are buying Intel k cpu`s becourse most of the people believes that only k cpu`s can be OC`d which is nonsense. ASRock MOBO`s has had many years BCLK Full-range Overclocking which allows to OC non k cpu`s and if I was looking best value to my money I would buy ASRock z370 Extreme4 and I7 8700 ;).

6. Louis

Louis Registered

7. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

One question guys. While driving on wet tracks with some cars I noticed that the reflection of the cars sometimes aren't complete. Some body parts were missing or disappeared. Is this track or car related? I happend for example on Silverstone (S397) with some cars but the gt3 cars were fine.

8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Maybe the mod hasn't been updated for rain.
    Page 1 of this thread has a list of ISI/S397 content updated for rain.

9. McFlex

McFlex Registered

It's a car issue. Usually Modders don't give much attention to this area which is very sad because i looks very bad if refection parts are popping in and out depending on the viewing distance

Nitrometh likes this.
  10. Louis

Louis Registered

@ADSTA
    How many games still miss (announced) basic features 6 years after release?

11. lagg

lagg Registered

12. Louis

Louis Registered

yeah, s397 bought the game but keep the name for commercial reasons, probably
    It comes all in, the good and the bad. Not only Isi good reputation on physics and a small userbase. If they dont want be asked for Isi promises or flaws, should release this with other title

13. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Well you can't even manage to post these messages in the correct thread so good luck finding your way to a different web site ! :rolleyes:

14. Depco

Depco Registered

speaking of ISI, are they still working on "Not rF3"?

15. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

@Marcel Offermans
    @Christopher Elliott

On the first page you gave us the recommended settings according to the power of the GPU, the choice of resolution, AA and post process.

My hardware :

I have a relatively powerful system, no overclocking, computer hardware and software "healthy" :

i7 4770K, 16 GB DDR3, GTX 1080, SSD, PCIe 3.0, single full hd monitor.

TEST

1) I have tested the following settings :

Only Full HD on 1 single screen, AA level 5, post process high, settings for high end GPU except opponent low/rain low/ low particles, auto FPS 60, AI visible 9 only;

2) With the following race conditions :

Sebring 12h, 7:00 am (night) until 10:30 (sunset and low sun), time scale X5, mostly cloudy and 100% rain (80% humidity), S397 GTE and GT3 cars, 61 AI (max for Sebring and I hope 100 AI for the Nordschliefe ...........).
    I'm still doing this test for 2 years (before with AtlantaMP and 50 AI)

Very bad result :

Result in term of FPS minimum = 41, 43, 43 (test done 3 times).

I would very much like S397 to understand that this performance problem is excessive, durable, penalizing, and even more unacceptable for a simulation (VS video games).

If S397 do not optimize rF2 quickly and thoroughly, could you please consider making an extremely detailed manual explaining very precisely how to set all the things that would allow to achieve the best quality/performance compromise ? Details, advice and possibly other screenshots.

You realize, even with a GTX 1080 which is very expensive, with the "unfavorable" race conditions of my test, which are finally quite frequent (because there is nothing more pleasant than these race conditions), performances are unacceptable even by using your recommendations and significantly reducing some parameters (rain, soft particles, opponents, AI visible, Auto FPS ....), an with only one full HD single monitor.....

Please, find a solution :

Improvement of the performance or advices/explanations/recommendations, to be able to adjust the graphical parameters in a much more precise way, graphical profiles selectable in the UI (not 3, but a "lot" more graphical profiles), etc.

I have no aggression towards you, I'm afraid that my bad English gives this impression, I am a fan of rF2 and I want your success, but the performance problems are the major problem of rF2, this problem being problematic for a very long time.

I think it is time to solve this major problem, which rotten the experience of many rF2 users.

Many people said that they renounce to rF2 because of this.

And I hope performance improvements for ALL users, not only VR users.

Thank you.

Juergen-BY likes this.
  16. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

wasnt Happy with his potato and still isn’t with his powerful pc

The answer to woes lays within your test settings

17. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

1) It is legitimate to want to play in good conditions at night, at sunset, at sunrise, at low sun.

2) It's legitimate to want to play in all rain conditions.

3) It is legitimate to want to play with the maximum number of AIs allowed by the track, the 24h Nurburgring arrives, it is inconceivable to use less than 80 AI along these 25 km.

4) It is inconceivable to have a relatively high-end PC, and to have to drop the graphics excessively in order to play in the real race conditions : the real racing conditions are the random combination of the rain, the whole day/night transitions, and an AI number actually corresponding to reality.

@patchedupdemon wants to play in favorable race conditions for hardware, I want to play in realistic and random conditions, which justifies my performance test. But he doesn't understand that.

Atsuki, 2ndLastJedi and Louis like this.
  18. Louis

Louis Registered

Wonder when the new shaders and graphic stuff come around.... :D

19. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

80 ai lol buff said

20. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Improved graphics should always go hand in hand with performance optimization, IMO