Latest Roadmap Update - November 2018

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 30, 2018.

1. GT VIRUS

GT VIRUS Registered

No update on the modding tools?

ECAR_Tracks and mantasisg like this.
  2. Carr

Carr Registered

Winter is coming and so are new toys? Maybe they are making a snow mobile with active 3D snow as a pre-launch for an updated dirt surface. We can all dream, I just hope it will be better than the Ice Cream Truck.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Perhaps when the new shaders are closer to release, you can post some side-by-side shots of the old shaders vs the new.

Ernie, patchedupdemon and Clemenca like this.
  4. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

Controller update is cool. As an Accuforce owner I get tired of changing rotation for each car. Hopefully this helps.

Still wish we would get updates to some cars. Feel like the gt3 pack(merc) and radical could use some updating/fixing.

5. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Thanks for the wheel rotation fix. It has been pretty annoying to switch cars without this. Especially when using vr.

ayrtonforever likes this.
  6. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

Didn't know anything about the Tatuus license :eek: absolutely great news!!!

7. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I turned the new software steering wheel rotation feature on and set the max steering from driver and controller.json to 1440, and it seems like that had effect on the amount of damping i'm having. Had to turn steering resistance from 0.4 to 0.55 to have similar feel as before.

So i was thinking that maybe what you did, lowered the amount of damping effect.

mesfigas likes this.
  8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i just raised the degrees at Thrustmaster control panel to 1080 and put 1080 degrees to control.json file
    thats all i v done :)
    but to be honest i tried to remember when i bought my steering wheel at September 2017 (i own it about a year or more)
    and remembered that i didnt checked the 1080 degrees correctly .
    i mean that back then i didnt knew how to set it up and settled 1080 degrees at cp and 1080 inside RF2 control game settings and also unchecked the option that rf2 has to manage degrees automatically.
    i did the mistake at beginning so i assumed that the default 900 degrees is the best for my wheel rotation

9. stonec

stonec Registered

The degrees of rotation are typically determined by the car you drive and AFAIK no official car in rF2 uses over 900 degrees (Formula E has 900 degrees). Setting the wheel and JSON to 1080 would only make a difference if the car itself supported 900+ degree of rotation, at least from my understanding. Most race cars would have an undrivably slow steering rack if using "native" 1080 degrees.

Nitrometh and McKiernan like this.
  10. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I'm not sure if i'm understanding right what you are saying Mesfigas. In controls tab in rf2, is the "steering wheel range" set to 1080 now?
    Or does that change according to car? Its should be something like 540 on most race cars.

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

[​IMG]

Great screenshot. Body paint shading looks really good there, I like how color is preserved, but at the same time there are those nice sky bluish reflection areas, specularity looks great and overall subtle reflecting "wet" look is great.

I can't resist to mention that rim blur is a bit weird, but it depends on the speed I suppose.

12. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

how can you explain a better and more accurate handling after patch mate ?
    i tried to give all my logical explanations

13. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

change according to car
    i checked that from the beginning
    i just unchecked it once i tried the 1080 wheel rotation a year ago when i bought the wheel w which was mistake and cars handling felt off

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@mesfigas Either Korva7 is on the right track with some of the FFB settings changing based on what you're setting the native rotation to be, or it's placebo. Don't dimiss placebo or feel bad if it turns out to be that, it's very powerful.

15. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Lazza
    no mate it is NOT placebo
    the only way to explain the better handling is because i have set the degrees to 1080 from Trustmaster control panel which maybe makes my wheel more accurate while turning compared to default 900 degrees
    Not placebo or fantasize at all
    of course i m not someone who knows how those things works correct.
    i m really pleased with the handling after this patch
    all i v done was thrustmaster cp change to1080 degrees and controller.json to 1080
    thats all

16. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

OK. I'm not sure what caused the change for you mesfigas, but good that the change was in positive direction :)
    I don't have T150 my self so it's difficult to test anything.

i'm using simucube and it seems that the damping/steering resistance effect coming from rf2 is more consistent between cars with this new "maximum steering angle" feature.
    Before the damping got stronger as the maximum degrees of rotation got smaller. I had to use different damping settings for karts because of this.

I think this is because the given damping force is calculated from the rotation speed of steering wheel, and the amount of rotation is taken in as percentage of the maximum steering angle.
    Now the maximum steering angle from the driver (simucube) stays the same, even when you change car specific maximum steering angle, so the percieved rotation speed of the steering wheel stays the same leading the damping force to stay the same.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    mesfigas likes this.
  17. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

With my t300 it made no difference to the ffb, as expected

18. stonec

stonec Registered

S397 wrote a long post documenting this feature and there was no change of handling mentioned. You need to at least go back to the old parameters and re-test again if it gets worse. Even if it's not placebo, it could be something else with your rig/settings/PC that changed. There are a million possibilities, which is why you should test between the old build and new build several times before reporting.

FFB in rF2 is a direct output of physics on the steering axle, so FFB generally never changes in rF2 unless big physics changes are made.

Nitrometh likes this.
  19. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Korva7 this might be an explanation for better handling in my case
    thanks for explanation :)

Korva7 likes this.
  20. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@stonec i will go back and retest
    i ll set everything to default as it was before patch cause i m curious why this happened

stonec likes this.