video card do not have enough memory??

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by André Drummond, Nov 30, 2018.

1. André Drummond

André Drummond Registered

very disappointed.
    I bought the game at the end of last year and shortly thereafter an update came out and after that I was never able to play again.
    Before this update worked perfectly.
    My video card is Iris Pro Graphics 5200 and only this game tells me that I do not have enough memory.
    In this same computer game Asseto, iRacing, AMS and even Euro Truck without any problem.
    Why only RF2 can not work with this card?
    Why almost a year later this problem has not been detected yet? I can not believe that just me in the world try to play the RF2 on a video card of this.
    Thank you for your help.

2. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

How much vram do you have?
    As far as I know, factor2 need about 4gb vram.

André Drummond likes this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Where and when does rF2 tell you there's not enough memory? Can you post a screenshot?

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

rF2 is slowly being rebuilt by the new ownership team. It is quite possible that changes and upgrades may have rendered older hardware parts obsolete. You should be able to use the Steam launcher to re-load v1109, which should better conform with older hardware.
    However, going back to the older versions may prevent the newer car packs from operating.

5. André Drummond

click on the helmet to start single player, load the logo image of Rf2 and before loading the full screen with the opening of the game appears this message.
    RF2zz.jpg
    clicking on NO the game opens and it seems to run normal until I try to get on the track, nor can you leave the box.

my video card provides at least 1.5Gb of ram and says I do not even have 512Mb.

6. André Drummond

I will do this and see if it solves and definitely explains the problem. Thank you.

7. André Drummond

thank you all for the help, as soon as you have an answer the tips given I put here for everyone to know.
    Once again, thank you for the support.

guille36 likes this.
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Surely you have to click on 'Sim'! This is rF2! :p

I would have thought that message would be based on a reading that's not correct, with the GPU effectively not getting more memory until it needs it or in itself just never reporting the shared memory it uses. But I don't have experience with integrated graphics (in the last 20 years, anyway) so I'm not sure how it normally works. Seems strange that other games would work and rF2 wouldn't, though.

9. lagg

lagg Registered

Check if your Graphics card is selected in the Launcher - Settings - Video Settings
    upload_2018-12-4_16-16-53.png

10. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

11. André Drummond

thanks, I already did this and did not respond, even selecting the video card does not read enough memory.

12. André Drummond

yes, what surprised me was the fact that all other games run normally and only the RF2 display graphics problems.
    I thought of obsolete computer for the graphical news as it was already spoken, but when I call other games and everything is normal it seemed to me a punctual problem with this game.

guille36 likes this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

We might need to rely on the devs to supply the root cause here, not sure anyone's done enough testing to know exactly how the game does things.

However, we also know from PCIe requirements that rF2 places some unusual demands on hardware, which is a little concerning for integrated graphics using shared memory. I suspect you'd never get satisfactory performance without a dedicated (discrete) GPU.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  14. André Drummond

Yes, I did not have the best machine for the game, it certainly was with the arrival of DX11 the problem, this I had already detected soon after the first problems, but what made me write was, as said before, it just stopped working , no other game stopped with the DX11.
    But anyway I want to thank everyone for their support, I gave up the game and currently I'm just playing Assetto, Automobilista and EuroTruck.

On a next machine I try RF2 again.

thank you all.

Emery likes this.
  15. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

I have the same issue on a recent Intel 10th Gen IceLake with Iris Plus Graphics.
    It seems that rF2 doesn't detect dynamic VRAM properly.

guille36 likes this.