SimHub overlay widgets (some TrackMap and DeltaBest functionality)

Discussion in 'Other' started by 3NPV5IRR, Jan 25, 2018.

1. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

I'd like to share one more telemetry overlay for SimHub dash. All widgets are movable and resizable.
    Download Link: https://yadi.sk/d/BGdFlr203RtnFs

This is not a plugin. These are dashboard overlay templates for SimHub that reproduce some functionality of such a great plugins like TrackMap by Fazerbox and DeltaBest by Cosimo. SimHub is the software that allows to create widgets/dashboards for many sims and games. It's been developed by the man with nickname Wotever who is still working on next builds and actively supporting his product. You could find all the information and download link here: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.10252/

How to install:
    1. Unpack folders in the archive to the "DashTemplates" folder in the main folder of installed SimHub, for instance: c:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\DashTemplates\.
    2. Launch SimHub, from Dash Studio menu press "start" .>> "windowed" on each widget picture with name starting from "AT_".
    3. Move/resize widgets as you prefer.
    4. Press small circle in the top-right corner of each widget to make them working in overlay mode (otherwise they would significantly reduce RF2 performance).
    5. Press "Save Layout" button in SimHub. So you could just press "Restore Layout" next time you decide to play RF2 to get organized widgets.
    6. After you launch RF2 in borderless or windowed mode and go on track you'll see the dash working.

Below are some examples how they look.
    upload_2018-1-25_23-24-38.png
    upload_2018-1-25_23-24-50.png
    upload_2018-1-25_23-25-1.png
    Known issues.
    - The widgets could freeze from time to time for about a second.
    Edit, Solution: use vsync.
    - Some widgets became visible after you complete at least one lap plus first sector.

Credits:
    - Wotever for development а great tool.
    - Juan Roguez (juanchioooo). I took his widgets of weather and session time as they are, almost without modification. Here is the link to his dash: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/display-for-simhub.58623/

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    DA, wrxxy and juanchioooo like this.
  2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the main problem is that simhub consumes many resources, I think it is because it supports and uses many plugins and has many processes activated, otherwise it is very well

3. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

I thought that as well, but after checking my system with HWMonitor I discovered that my CPU was still not 100% loaded (each separate core) and my FPS dropped by just less than 5.
    The only problem I faced is widgets stuttering, i.e. freezing from time to time for about a second. RF2 continued to work smoothly, only widgets freezed. So I sent my logs to Wotever and he believes those freezes were as a result of writing the logs themselves during the session. He promissed to fix the issue in the next build. By the way, I use DAM plugin and it has very heavy Motec logs, but those are written after stint, avoiding the issue of stuttering.
    I also swithched off all plugins irrelevant for me in SimHub and made all the widgets avoiding external scripts, i.e. using only built-in functions and properties. I saw you were using Java or some other language, forgot which one.
    As a temporary measure I made tachometer, standing&laps and fuel widgets via RF2 built-in HUD, untill new build of SimHub arrive. So far I'm quite happy with how it's working.

juanchioooo likes this.
  4. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

Added one more widget. Don't remember how it was called in the TrackMap, so I called it "LastSector". It appeares after sector end for 10 seconds and shows cummulated sectors time and two splits: self split and best split.

upload_2018-1-29_21-41-29.png

Also made some tweeks to Laps and Sectors widgets. All three widgets are invisible in the beginning of each session untill relevant telemetry information is available.

5. Heath J

Heath J Registered

I'd like to give the scrolling banner and the tower a try for race broadcasting, but I am not able to get them to work in spectator mode. Does the plugin need to be operated in driver mode?

6. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

I couldn't found out how to enter RF2 in spectator mod, though I remember I saw it somewhere long time ago. So I was unsuccessful trying to check your issue myself.
    Could you specify if you don't see the overlays at all or you do see them but without data? In first case you need to check a) in overlay layout editor the checkbox "Hide when not in race", b) in dash studio the formula in "Visible" property.
    SimHub uses the plugin for RF2 written by The Iron Wolf for his CrewChief. As far as I understand the plugin just translates real-time telemetry data from RF2 to be ready for use by third-party applications like SimHub and CrewChief. So I suggest to ask directly Wotever here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.121578/ or The Iron Wolf here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/crew-chief-v4-5-with-rfactor-2-support.54421/. But first check those two things I mentioned above. For example I made all my widgets to be invisible untill I'm on track by putting relevant formulas in "Visible" property of each widget.

7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Start up MP and enter a server.
    When you're at the Car Select screen, select Back then select Network Settings, turn Spectate on/off.

Or

Open up Multiplayer.JSON in the player folder.
    Find: "Spectator Mode":false,
    Change it to true, save JSON
    Start up MP and enter a server

3NPV5IRR likes this.
  8. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

ADSTA likes this.
  9. Heath J

Heath J Registered

ADSTA likes this.
  10. Ramon cm

Ramon cm Registered

Hello, I installed the plugin in the corresponding folder, but I can not get the map or the extra monitor. can you help me?
    Thank you.

11. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

I'm in the work now so could reply later today. But I need more infor from you:
    - Have you installed SimHub application from this page: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.10252/?
    - Do you mean by "extra monitor" is a the monitor for PC or some additional device like smartphone or tablet?
    - In case of later, have you checked that your additional device for dash is supported/compatible with simhub?
    - Have you followed the "How to install" steps in the first post?
    - Have you tried to get the widgets on the same monitor as one with RF2?
    - Do not forget to launch RF2 in windowed or borderless mode.

12. Ramon cm

Ramon cm Registered

yes, I read it. would be on an iphone and monitor lg 19 ". in assetto ppr example if it works for me

13. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

The information you give is not enough to help you. I need to understand what you've done and tried so far. Otherwise I have no possibility to guess what is wrong.

I couldn't understand this sentense. Sorry, my English is not native.

14. Ramon cm

Ramon cm Registered

Sorry, simhub run perfectly in assetto corsa.
    I installed simhub for racedeparment following the steps.
    The device its iphone a lg monitor

15. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

If it works in AC I'd suggest the following stepps.
    1. Check if shared memory plugin is installed and activated in rF2. If not, copy the file "rFactor2SharedMemoryMapPlugin64.dll" from ...Program Files (x86)\SimHub\_Addons\GamePlugins\RFactor2\Bin64\Plugins to ...SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\rFactor 2\Bin64\Plugins and/or ...SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\rFactor 2\Bin32\Plugins. Then turn on the plugin in rF2.
    2. Ensure rFactor2 is checked in SimHub settings (settings>games>rF2).
    3. Ensure rFactor2 is selected in Games tab in SimHub before you open any dashboard.
    4. Check if any standard dashboard from SimHub works with your device. If yes, try this one as well: https://yadi.sk/d/vyYdDpwueU_9sg
    5. If step 4 above works for you, then you just need to ensure you use my widgets as dashboard but not overlays. To check this select "DashStudio" on the left of SimHub, then in additional tabs on the top check if you could see my widgets in 'Dashboards' or 'Overlays' tab? If in Overlays then you need to convert each widget to dashboard. To do this, click on "More" on the right of each widget, then "Edit dashboard" then in the righ-top select "dashboard" and remove tick (check) mark against "Overlay dash (will start in ...)". Save the dashboard. You probably need to restart Simhub after that.
    6. If step 4 doesn't work for you, then I could only suggest to ask Wotever for help in racedepartment forum or his discord channel.

Ramon cm likes this.
  16. mancslo

mancslo Registered

I'm try to add simhub browser link into OBS but there ara a lot off freezes when I'm stream.

My sistem: H87M-P33, i5 4570, gf1060 6Gb,Dell U2412M

For example: iRacing with kuttu's browser links into OBS works without problem...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  17. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

To be honest I now nothing about streaming, neither I know what does OBS mean. I just made some widgets for SimHub. If the widgets freze for short time periodically while playing on monitor, then you need to use vsync.

18. mancslo

mancslo Registered

I,ll set the vsync into "fast" and it's better. Thx mate...