[REL] T5 series 2012/13 V2 by UnitedRacingDesign

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Stevy

Stevy Registered

2. rubennaatje

rubennaatje Registered

Just put a 'optimized for {version number} somewhere in the description of the mods and then the complainers will maybe shut up.

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I think you aren't understanding what people want. Simply doing this wont hurt and will make new customers aware. Dont count on people to read forums, FB, Twitter, smoke signal, etc
    a.jpg b.jpg

John, Chris Lesperance and mesfigas like this.
  4. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

I didnt deny that we should update this but the discussion started different way and different issue than switched to something else just like that to keep some arguing going on. Than others come right away with something different to not thinking about the whole thing before and it goes just further. For real, this is like that from begining and after 6y its an issue just like that... come on...
    people just need to find something to argue about and complain...

"Dont count on people to read forums, FB, Twitter, smoke signal, etc" I think that people mostly come from this parts as customers and nobody comes to our website becase he thought oh lets go check unitedracingdesign.net becase there is for sure some website selling payware content for rf2/AC ;)

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yeah but that will prevent future complaints ;)

6. Pales

Pales Registered

People need to relax. I personally own this content and was well aware it was unlikely to receive an update. PX, on the other hand, has always been a "beta" phase, so I am glad they're finally fulfilling this.

Look forward to the upcoming content from URD. It's just a deep shame the EGT was passed on, it was some of the best content made, along with ai consistency.

rubennaatje, pkelly and mesfigas like this.
  7. filippu

filippu Registered

I'm having a fine day, thanks for asking. You ?
    Since you are working in some capacity with S397, it's perfectly normal you think that it's OK to sell below average stuff, that's not even updated, etc... S397 and URD is a perfect match. At least you are publicly acknowledgeing that.

BTW, since you are working with S397 and are getting help from them, you have even less excuses to not update your mods to recent tech. Other modding teams are left on their own figuring things out, you're not.

8. Pales

Pales Registered

Logistically, it's probably just not feasible to continue this development. They're very old cars, and they have no obligation to update these for you. It's not going to get them any revenue.

Plus, the way the engine handles cars is just an annoyance. The slightest change can have implications on other systems (an example being a recent update the interior and exterior of car sounds, it broke engine sounds for older content). It's all an annoyance, so can understand why they don't want to revisit older content.

S397 are added a new material and lighting system to cars soon as well, these means they'd have to then revisit them again and again. As you ca see ,it's a horrible system.

9. UnitedRacingDesign

URD and S397 are something completly different in the way they work. So stop pretending you know anything about or around that.
    And if you would think for a minute, you would come up at some point thatt URD cant take advantages. And it wasnt URD as team working for them so its again different story. Again, you just made some consumptions of how things work while you dont have slightest idea.

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Pro tip: add filippu to your ignore list. The guy is nuts. Did that long ago.

jayarrbee36 and rubennaatje like this.
  11. UnitedRacingDesign

hehe, noticed. thx

jayarrbee36, rubennaatje and pkelly like this.
  12. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I think it's ridiculous to ask them to update a 2012-2013 mod. The new version is out so move on. A description in the shop should suffice.

What I don't think should happen tho is leave a newly released mod (Ford GT) unfixed for such a long period of time. The pit stop times bug was brought up since release, which makes the car uncompetitive and useless against official GTE's and it's been 4 months without what should be a very easy fix.
    I'm glad it's finally announced they'll fix it soon but it shouldn't take this long.

13. Pales

Pales Registered

The Ford is a valid point. I wonder if you can comment, URD?

14. UnitedRacingDesign

S397 planed to release new public tires and we hoped to catch them by now.
    The thing is if we dont have the right tires we had to make physics different way becase the car with current public tires is slower. Its all about going forward and backward with physics but it didnt turn out as we wanted when we couldnt use the GTE tires. We are preparing all kinda updates thought. Not just detroit.

15. Pales

Pales Registered

Thanks for your response. Although, I’m not quite sure how that’s linked to the pit stop issue? Is it the case that you only wish to update it once, combining both the tires and pit fix? Not being malicious but I am also waiting for the pit stop fix!

16. UnitedRacingDesign

We changed the physics last minute, there was plan to release the tires soon so we missed this issue in the physics change overall.
    We still dont have tires now and car is to long allready with that issue so we will give an update in next days.

17. Pales

Pales Registered

Oh I see! Thanks for the informative response. Do you know why there is a delay, has Studio 397 commented?

18. UnitedRacingDesign

Probably not that high on to do list i guess.

19. Pales

Pales Registered

That’s one thing I dislike about Studio 397, they’re incredibly non-transaparent. Mods are effectively what made this game where it is now. Without your hard work and success, RFactor 2 wouldn’t be half the game it is.

It’s really a deep shame. We need a community manager or for developers to provide at least some form of transparacy on updates and future development. I think they do not appreciate your presence... and one day it maybe too late.

20. RNeves

RNeves Registered

So, you are going to release the Detroit with the same tire version as the GTE pack?

If so, that's great news, if you’re releasing with the tires before point based acceleration was implemented (the ones that came with the first version of GT3 pack), it will be useless, those tires overheated too much on the outside no matter how much camber you added!

Hope you are releasing the car with the point based acceleration tire model