[WIP] EnduranceRacingX PX by URD Pre-order with beta access available!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, May 4, 2015.

1. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

So just correct me if I'm off base

The tools to create the current grade of content is available to modders, but not everything is available. Here are two examples.

GT3 Tires - The Pirelli World Challenge website lists what tires sizes are used for which car, (http://files.world-challenge.com/vehicletech/tires/2018-PWC-PirelliTireList-GT.pdf). For example, the BMW Z4 GT3 uses the same exact tires as the Mercedes AMG. The Z4 should be using the same files as the AMG, but as far as I know, as I could be missing a measurement conversion, but I don't see that tire file listed on the Dev Guide tire database (https://docs.studio-397.com/developers-guide/cars/car-physics/tyre-database). Something if I had a Cadillac model I wanted to put ingame. I shouldn't have to worry about creating tire files, as they are on the AMG. But with them not available, and not being able to see the files, they would have to be built from scratch.

LMP3 - A similar thing with the LMP3. Almost everything is spec in that series. Engine (and sounds), tires, brakes, steering wheel etc. Enduracers have a great Ligier model that would be a great addition for the Norma. But because things are locked down, they do not use the same files, and as a result, are not competitive with each other.

So in that, everything is not available for modders. I understand there is NDAs with manufactures. Weather it is tire data or physics. And everything is behind a pay wall. It's just disappointing to see that content that is fully complete, tested and accurate, cannot be used for additional 3rd party addons/mods.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

No, I'm saying that the tools made to make the tires are not different from the ones s397 use. The person I was replying to said that the public stuff was different to the private stuff.

Chris Lesperance likes this.
  3. Pales

Pales Registered

For anyone that is unaware, United Racing Design have been fairly active on Twitter recently. We're going to see updates to JT5 (DX11/Shaders) and what I believe is DTM (DX11/Shaders). However, we still have no further news on PX, the MOD which has seemingly been a "beta" phase for multiple, multiple years.

I have a feeling we will no longer see EGT or PX again. An utter shame for offline racing, as well as online too. If PX was released updated, with better sounds, I would pay for this again!

4. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

We will update the Aura, Shiro and Darche PX1 cars with all the latest dx11 stuff plus physics updates-we will check if sounds to as we are slightly limited right now there. The PX2 cars are included with enduracers package allready. EGT as explained in its thread.

First T5 2018 comes out. Than we will release Shiro JT5 updates and Detroit EGT. I hope for all 3 things to be ready next week.
    Than i will try to jump to PX updates for a week before we continue with our SCGT...

5. Pales

Pales Registered

Incredible news. You’re going to make a lot of people very happy. By the way, what is SCGT?

rubennaatje and mesfigas like this.
  6. Chris Lesperance

Check out their FB ;)

https://www.facebook.com/UnitedRacingDesign/

Great news. Would love to see a surprise Toyota with the PX1 (just to complete the grid), but i'm glad to see things starting to move again after the months of silence. I'm really excited to see the SCGT!

rubennaatje and Corti like this.
  7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

be positive and you ll win

8. Pales

Pales Registered

This, along with the improved Porsche hybrid sounds. Would be a delight.

9. Pedro Delgado2

Pedro Delgado2 Registered

The Detroit will have BOP to match with the Endurance Pack GTE cars?

10. UnitedRacingDesign

yes

11. Pales

Pales Registered

The BOP is fairly similar; maybe a tadd faster but the real issue was the pit stop don't align with the GTE DLC. Just to note =]

fsuarez79 likes this.
  12. UnitedRacingDesign

13. rubennaatje

rubennaatje Registered

Honestly they just needs to do that, finish the moyoda/toyota and then the mod is finished and all of the complainers will shut up.

We would have the complete 15LM lmp1 lineup apart from bykolles which would be fine.

14. JuanP006

JuanP006 Registered

This is great news!!! A lot of people will be very happy to see the Detroit racing with the SGTE ... :):)

15. UnitedRacingDesign

A note for the PX, cars will get some physics updates and some latest tires that are public available.

coltair, VirusGR42, Travis and 5 others like this.
  16. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

skins from modders would be so coo as well :)
    URD powa !!!!

17. Pales

Pales Registered

So excited for the PX updates, and even if we don’t get the Toyato, hopefully someone can make a skin so we can fake it!

18. UnitedRacingDesign

Maybe we will be able to find something. But lets update the cars before doing something else. Im really happy with how Aura turned out now. Still things to do but i guess the Aura will be done this week.

mesfigas, rubennaatje and Pales like this.
  19. Chris Lesperance

The templates aren't changing, so you could start to paint it now.

20. Pales

Pales Registered

Of course, I have my wallet waiting :)

mesfigas likes this.