gtx 1060 problem

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by dazzer, Nov 10, 2018.

1. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I didn’t think ddu was needed since years ago

2. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Click on settings then click video settings then GPU then select your GPU and click OK . Do the same in Dev Mode Settings. RF2 does not always select the GPU card automatically. I always do this when I start RF2 just to make sure my GPU is selected. It's good habit to get into. Any other setting gives poor performance. Hope this may cure your problem. Screen RF2-2.jpg

3. dazzer

dazzer Registered

it only gives me 70 fps with 0 ia

it's frustrating that you can play anything but rfactor 2

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Different games are different, and rF2 has never been the best performing.

I'm starting to think your 1050ti was also not reaching its full potential, which would explain why you're not seeing much change with the upgrade. mesfigas was a little blunt, but it's true - your PC is on the low end.

*Try using afterburner or other monitoring software to check your card's memory usage when playing, to confirm if ram is causing the FPS loss you're experiencing.

@patchedupdemon DDU is definitely still useful, not for driver updates like the old days (the manufacturers' own driver installers often have a clean install option anyway), but when changing brands or having issues it's definitely worth trying.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  5. dazzer

dazzer Registered

I will try to see what happens it may be the ram or the processor

6. dazzer

dazzer Registered

7. dazzer

dazzer Registered

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

keep your shadows on medium, from cockpit you dont need more than that imo, to make videos or screen shots yeah
    And put 12~15 visible cars. Not even on ovals you'll need to have it at 40 lol

ebeninca likes this.
  9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Does the 6300 support PCI 3.0? I think his mobo only supports 2.0 anyway

10. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I had a quick look and the article stated his cpu does, but I didn’t check for his mobo

i probably shouldn’t have posted until I checked both, but I was turtleing lol

Edit your motherboard doesn’t have pcie 3.0, so we may have found your problem with rf2

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  11. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

@dazzer

RF2 is poorly optimized, especially with PCIe 2.0.

I had a GTX 780 (exact equivalent of the 1060 3 GO) and PCIe 2.0 with a medium-low CPU :

No settings worked in all race conditions (rain, sunrise/sunset/night, 50 AI for circuits the allowing, mostly cloudy, mirrors activated).

If you want to play NORMALLY, that is to say in all race conditions, the main compromise to do is the AI (worst optimize setting).

Here are the settings that I propose, I warn you the graphics will be pretty ugly :

Use these settings recommended as a basis.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?attachments/lowendsettings-png.11622/

But :
    - opponent setting : low
    - AI visible : 9, the good one. It's enough but you save a lot of FPS.
    - Auto FPS : activated, help a little. I have tested this setting.
    - Max AI : 25 (VERY IMPORTANT)
    - Privilegiate light clouds for rain.
    - Mirrors are poorly optimized : for hotlap, no mirrors
    - In Full HD, the best compromise for increased performance and not bad quality is level 2.
    - Post process : off or medium. Low is ugly.

12. dazzer

dazzer Registered

I realized that, leaving the textures in the middle the game is very good although everything else is full graphics, but if the textures set them high, fps decay brutally

:s

13. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Try switching off VSYNC, Vsync is a real FPS killer. To reduce any tearing to a minimum go into the play.json and set max frames to the first prime number above the refresh rate of your monitor. The theory being any tearing is in different part of the screen every time and so is less noticeable. Hope you have success soon.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Texture settings would strengthen the memory argument, as higher quality textures will use more memory.

Some games, especially recent ones, give you predicted memory use when setting up the graphics options, my 3GB card I sometimes have to compromise on settings more than raw FPS would suggest, because when memory runs out performance suffers badly. Other games might just limit your options based on the detected memory, while games like rF2 are too open for the game to really control it, with so much third party content. One of the Ctrl-F presses should show a graph in the top left, I believe that shows memory use but I can't remember how it works. Last time I checked this stuff I used afterburner to show memory use and judged it that way. Some car/track combos just need lower texture detail in order to fit. More AI doesn't help, in some ways your number of AI is also limited by memory use.

15. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I wonder with going from PCIe 2.0 for my GTX980 and now with i7 8700K and unlocking PCIe 3.0 it might get a Little bit better overall? I didnt know the frame limiting in JSON either. Gonna test that when i have my new computer set up.

16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

@Alex72 i7 8700k and GTX 980 are running PCIe 3.0 x16 :)

17. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Yes, and right now i have amd fx8350 with a crappy mobo. Pretty sure its pcie 2.0. So going from that to 8700K and my 980 starts running in 3.0 i wondered if there should be a small boost because of that alone?

18. tyressin

tyressin Registered

Open some monitoring app and check "Bus interface load" or "GPU Bus Load" if its at 99-100% at Pcie 2.0 and way less on Pcie 3.0 you were bottlenecked. Chances of that to happen though, are very slim.

Alex72 likes this.
  19. stonec

stonec Registered

It's enough for the bus load to reach around 30% to get a notable bottleneck. The PCI-E bus isn't ever 100% saturated as that would only be possible under some theoretical conditions. If you own a GTX 1050 Ti like me there is already a benefit from moving to PCI-E 3.0 as the attached benchmark shows.

rF2 charts 10.png

20. dazzer

dazzer Registered

Thanks to all, I have been able to solve the problem, strangely, leave the antialiasing at 0, 1, 2 and 3, the fps decay to 20 on average, but leaving the antialiasing at 5, the fps go at an average of 80, the truth is that I do not know what this problem is, I will change the processor board and the RAM anyway, thanks to all those who gave me suggestions and solutions.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    Lazza likes this.