[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

The reason was I wanted that data to be more accessible, restructured it a bit, renamed values for simplicity. For people like you I now added another jsonp call at live/get_full_server_data_jsonp, it contains the same data structure that goes to my LiveTiming page. I re-uploaded updated r2la archive in-place without changing version number. Re-download last version. You will have to look at data structure yourself to figure out what is what. Values are mainly self-explanatory. You can ask me more specifically on them.

ChazmR likes this.
  2. Alejandro López Arjona

Alejandro López Arjona Registered

Latest version is not working properly. It seems to work but after some hours it's giving "Internal Error Ticked Issued" all the time.

It's also not loading fast. It seems that having so many log files in the rF2 folder is making the program to load so slow.

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Zip and send me your rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.13\web2py\applications\r2la\errors folder. On what pages it shows this error, all of them?
    I don't know what you mean by "loading" specifically. It can be slow on "refresh" with 1000+ log files, I guess.

4. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Hi,
    I'm running this tool for a few months now in my league, managing five championships, with great success!
    However...I've come across some bugs/requests ;):
    1. Within a championship, I've created all races in advance with the correct custom points-preset, county flag, 'race has quali-results yes/no', etc. On many occasions, these settings are all reset after I assign a result to that race. It doesn't happen always, and I'm not sure when it stays correct and when not.
    2. For a few championships I use a manual class to assign Rookie Drivers. Sometimes (and sometimes not) this custom class is no longer assigned to a championship after re-opening rF2LA or assigning a result to that championship. I then have to add the custom class again to the championship (it appears on the left side of the custom class list, but I have to add it again to the championship). I then also have to assign the custom class for the latest race manually per driver. I'm not sure what causes this behavior.
    Request:
    As the season progresses, I've got a long list of results in the 'records'-page. Since our league works with time penalties, I need to edit results a couple weeks later. When I click 'copy to edit', the 'results'-page skips back to the top, so I have to scan the list again to look for the copy. After editing, I have to assign this copy to the championship race, and have to manually search the list again. Is there anything that can be done to make it easier to edit results and assign these to the corresponding race in the championships?
    For instance:
    1. Could it be possible to have the 'copy to edit result' button on the relevant championship page? (Which then creates a copy in the background and adds it to the 'results' page).
    2. Following that, could it be possible to automatically (as an option) assign this xml-copy to the corresponding race in the championship?
    3. And finally, to have the 'edit race' button on this championship race page, instead of searching through the 'results' page again and edit the result over there.
    Thanks in advance.

5. Paolo Pennimpede

Paolo Pennimpede Registered

No more Help under about button?

6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

There is a drop-down "Help" option when you mouse-over About button. Nothing changed. Is it not working for you? Try refreshing page with CTRL+F5 or other browser maybe?

Lenniepen, I'll look.

7. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Thanks!

I've forgot to mention one other thing:
    I can't seem to delete the first xml target folder. I've added a second search path, but now I can't delete the first one. Also, when I delete the first targeted windows folder r2la gives an error.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  8. Paolo Pennimpede

I tested in firefox 63.0.1 version 2.058.8 and the latest 2.058.13 right before posting here and the older have the dropdown menu the new one dosen't. And refreshing dosen't help

2.058.08.JPG
    2.058.13.JPG

9. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Dumedo, I see now. The second screen is from DEDI version. I removed (or not placed initially, I don't remember) Help button from DEDI version since help is supposed to be read by admin, not regular users that look at DEDI results. So I decided Help button is not needed there. The page itself still exists, you can visit it on this link http://127.0.0.1:8000/default/help. If you start another r2la in non-DEDI mode you will still find buttons as on your first screen.

Lenniepen, the first search path can not be deleted, since for rF2 in most cases it is base rFactor 2\UserData\Log\Results directory, it does not have "Remove" button. If you provided some other path on start and you no longer need it you have 2 options: ignore it and just add other paths on options page (but r2la can work slower on "refresh" with multiple paths) or start new version of r2la and at start form enter new path that you are now using. And yes, I guess you can not delete that folder from hard drive or r2la will have an error on "refresh".

Paolo Pennimpede likes this.
  10. Paolo Pennimpede

I'm an admin on a dedicated online server trying to have livetiming using log analyzer and I was searching, as admin, for instruction on how to configure rf2 server and rf2 log analyzer and I didn't had any help. So maybe help button is helpful on dedi also.
    Ah and also Live button dosen't have the choice between Telemetry and Livetiming on Dedi

At the moment I think I configured everything, but I have only this

"No live sessions found
    Polling."

I'm on the server also as a driver but I haven't done with any lap.
    Any extra help?
    Do you need at least 1 driver inside the server to have live timing work?
    Do you need at least 1 driver inside the server with at least 1 registered time?

Tnx

PS: I know telemetry on dedi server may be useless but think if someone on his pc want to stream telemetry to someone using "dedi"

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

As soon as server is running you should see LiveTiming working. No drivers needed. Something is not working for you. Make sure you put plugin dll in correct folder and tuned it on in rF2: check that your rFactor 2\UserData\player\CustomPluginVariables.JSON file has this lines:
    Code:
     "rFactor2SharedMemoryMapPlugin64.dll":{
        " Enabled":1,
        "DebugISIInternals":0,
        "DebugOutputLevel":2,
        "DedicatedServerMapGlobally":0,
        "EnableStockCarRulesPlugin":0
      }
    Make sure that you start r2la with r2la_live_timing.bat

I do not support telemetry for DEDI version. You can still host your non-DEDI version (start it by rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.13\web2py\web2py.exe like you do for DEDI) if you really want to show your telemetry to friend.

12. Paolo Pennimpede

Ok I was working already on it, now it seems to work. First time you use rFactor2SharedMemoryMapPlugin64.dll it creates all the option you posted.
    I didn't know so I write in CustomPluginVariables.JSON this before starting the server

"rFactor2SharedMemoryMapPlugin64.dll":{
    " Enabled":1,
    }

Since I have multiple rF2 server in live_timing_settings.json I have this

{
    "read_global_memory": 1,
    "show_tire_data": 1
    }

Do I need it? And do I need also this in CustomPluginVariables.JSON?

"DedicatedServerMapGlobally":1,

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

You don't need to change default values in live_timing_settings.json and in CustomPluginVariables.JSON. Default values for read_global_memory and DedicatedServerMapGlobally are both 0. Multiple servers should work.

Only try read_global_memory: 1 and "DedicatedServerMapGlobally":1 if default values (0) will not work.

14. Alejandro López Arjona

15. Paolo Pennimpede

Ok so now I'm trying to manage some championship with this great utility. I've done some search in this thread about multiclass race with driver swap and I understand you can't add any functionality to allow us to manage this kind of race.

I got 2 race results atm from a multiclass endurance championship (pilot swap mandatory, points assigned only to cars) with LMP2 (official DLC same car for all) and GTE (Official DLC with BMW, Porsche, Corvette) and the only useful combination for me is to set "Team championship" to "VehName" , "Championship car classes" to "CarClass" and "Car statistics by tag" to "off".

In each race results, in PTS column I can see a first number with points by "general arrival order" (can't traslate better from Italian, sorry) and this symbol | then a second number with "class arrival order" for example: GTE arrived 8° in general arrival order, is the first one of the GTE so I have 4|25 (4 because 8° pos and 25 because 1° pos of his class). Obviously I need only the second number, points by class.

- Driver Standings is useless, points are assigned only to last driver of a team and not by class but by "general arrival order". I don't need this panel.
    - Team Standings is also useless, points assigned not by class but by "general arrival order" (also here only the last driver name appears) I need this panel but it isn't working as it should for me because it get only the first number of the PTS column.
    - Driver Stats also useless, only last driver of the team shows here as in other panels, and "wins" are assigned only by "general arrival order" and not by class.
    - Car Stats Almost useless, points here assigned by general arrival order, nice is stats like km, laps and time the rest is nonsense. At least this one I can shut it off.
    - GTE and LMP2 panel - are almost ok, but before the GTE or LMP2 Team Standings (with all the points correctly assigned) I have GTE or LMP2 Driver Standings with correct point (by class) but assigned only to the usual last driver.

My advice is to allow us to shut down Driver Standings, Team Standing and Driver Stats and also Driver Standings in class panels. Maybe add some more options in "edit championship"?
    Otherwise I need to explain to every one (60 drivers between official driver and backup drivers) wich panel they need to check.
    maybe is there a way to shutdown those useless (for me) panel by some json or config file?

Tnx

PS: As I said before this panels are useless for me in this championship but works fine in others more "ordinary" championship.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Dumedo, ok I'll add this.

Alejandro_F1, the error is coming from sqlite driver ("database is locked"). I didn't change anything in last versions that may trigger that. It may happen if you have a lot of log files (1000+), long "refresh" times and somebody tries to access r2la while it is "refreshing". Maybe you have "Auto refresh" ON in options and changed "Refresh rate" to some small value? Try turning "Auto refresh" OFF in options or set "Refresh rate" to default 60 minutes. Restart r2la server.
    How many log files do you have? Remove all old and unnecessary logs to speed up "refreshing".

17. Alejandro López Arjona

@Nibo

I have 2906 logs, LOL. Auto Refresh is ON but it's 60 minutes, so I can only try turning it OFF which isn't the best way but may work. I hope you can try to optimize the program in the near future so it can handle more log files without crashing

18. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I think its just too much. It also can slow down Results Viewer with so many logs. There are limits for how fast browser can render that 2900 panels in Viewer. I didn't think about that big numbers when I designed the layout... For now I can only repeat for you to remove all unnecessary log files. I see no easy options for optimizations. Maybe export your old championships to static html with race results included and remove all old championships logs from r2la.

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Update 2.058.14:
    • Added Championship options to hide driver/team/stats overall and class tables.
    • Added "Clone to edit"/"Edit" buttons to Championship Race page. They have the same function as in Results Viewer. They are in "Export/Utils" dropdown menu. You can automatically assign cloned file as race result when clicking "Clone to edit" at this page. Cloned files now have "Clone" badge in session results header, visible for admin only.
    • "No-qualification" race option on "assign race result" pop-up now correctly shows value that is set in race options.
    • Race country flag will not be overwritten when you assign race results if no flag is assigned to track before.
    • Fixed manual Championship Classes and Teams names being removed from Championship when "Save changes" is pressed on Edit Championship page (without changing Class or Team options).
    • Added "Help" drop-down button in top menu for logged admin in DEDI mode.

Lenniepen, I think I found and fixed things you were talking about ("Noqual" and "Country flag" overwrites on results assignment and disappearing of Class name from Championship).

20. Paolo Pennimpede

Thank you, the fix I suggested works for me.

Did you know why I can't disable "Show fuel/tire data" in any session?
    I don't think this is working as intended.
    I'm remotely connected to the server I open a browser here on 127.0.0.1 and go to option, I disable all "Show fuel/tire data" when logged in dedi mode, still logged as admin I check if it's disabled in any session of results viewer, they are but they shouldn't be (I'm still logged as admin and I should see it). Then I open a browser on my pc, connect to log analyzer on server without any login and I can see fuel and tire data for every session.
    I log off from browser on remote server, I check as normal user here and no fuel/tire data show.
    I tryed some combination (only race, only practice) and as before when connected via browser directly on server when tire/fuel data are disabled, they are for all users (admins and guests) but when I connect from my pc I can see everything in every session.

Ok, I was testing while writing this and seem to me that It takes a while to update also for remote users, so now they behave the same but I have "Show fuel/tire data" only for practice and I can see "Show fuel/tire data" only in race :eek: Practice now is off for every user remotely connected or on local 127.0.0.1.

:confused:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018