Track Specific Strength

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by a25box, Nov 6, 2018.

1. a25box

a25box Registered

I know I saw it and now I can't find it !
    Right below the "standings" list on the right while on track there was a small line that said something like "adjust track specific strength". I went into it and was able to change the percentage difficulty. It was important because I wanted to race competitively offline on that track (I don't even remember which track now).
    Does anyone know how to pull up that "strength" option for a track?
    Thanks very much.

2. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

You can change the AI difficulty while you're in the garage by clicking on Settings and the Difficulty tab. Keep in mind however that changes won't take effect until you exit and reload the track (there's even a note in game that says so).
    Off track, the difficulty can be adjusted in the session settings menu.

3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

The only place that I've seen the track specific strength is when you're in the main menu (where you select the car and track) it's at the bottom while you have the car selection highlighted. Not at home at the moment so can't post a screenie.

4. a25box

a25box Registered

Remember...I said "track specific". I already know about changing ai strength at both general menu options and in track settings. They both do the same thing and change all globally. What I mean is that at some point, there was a small dark gray line right under the standings box while on track menu that said something like "track specific strength" and I hit that and could change the track percent to something and go out of the track and the main menu options difficulty number was the different strength % from before for the other tracks ! This is extremely useful offline because, regardless of modders' different track parameters (which have been built differently), one concentrates on each track separately and goes back to them without changing the whole sim. That option was there but I cannot find it again. Maybe a given track maker made it for his/her track but I cannot remember the track. Anybody seen this and, if so, know how to pull it up?

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@a25box Are you sure that was rF2?

6. Filip

Filip Registered

I am sure I've seen this option myself but can't remember was it track or vehicle specific

7. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Hmm never seen that myself o_O

8. stonec

stonec Registered

@a25box I believe you are looking for this:

rFactor2 2018-11-07 20-13-46-87.jpg

9. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

This is only used as a reminder of the settings that you want to use for that track and car combination, it does not adjust any settings for AI strength or aggression. Settings are adjusted in the SESSION SETTINGS screen. Hope this is useful info.

10. a25box

a25box Registered

I only have rf2 and YES stonec !
    How do you get that section below the track picture to come up?
    I'm assuming that ai strength is for that given track.
    Wow...I'm not crazy after all...well...not as crazy as I thought.
    LOL

OK I just saw Highlandwalker's response. I had a little gray line show up first (under standings) and, when I clicked on it, it brought these figures up and I could slide the % numbers around. What I think you are saying is that (if these numbers are slide-able) they tie directly back to the global AI number that affects all tracks. If so- man what a shame and it is misleading since one is at that specific track map. Do I understand this right?
    In any case...how do you pull it up?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  11. Highlandwalker

Click on the tick brings it up and click again to remove it. It only shows for that track and car combo, it's not track specific.

12. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

That's what I used to think too but actually that's not correct. It overrides whatever settings you have in the session settings.
    I know because I learned it the hard way.

13. a25box

a25box Registered

Sorry...what is the tick.

14. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

The "X".

I still don't know what you're talking about you seeing this before under settings on track.

All this does is record what AI setting you used with a specific car/track combo for whenever you want to race that again, you know exactly what settings to use....but still don't understand what you saw or what you expect it to do.

15. a25box

a25box Registered

I've looked all over at track selection map and even while inside track (Malaysia to match with yours) and I don't see a single "X" to click.
    I'm thinking it is possible we have different versions of the sim (?). That small line under standings I no longer see (saw it once and slid % around thinking it changed ai for that track- which it doesn't by your explanation). If I or any of us could pull it up I see how it could be useful (as memory of past action) and gauge progress. I'd like to pull it up.

16. Highlandwalker

I have just tested your comment and I'm afraid you are wrong. I had 70% AI setting in the sessions setting screen and 95% AI setting in the track screen then I started race and AI strength was at 70% in the settings tab same as the sessions setting. It is just a reminder. It must have just been the way you used the two screens at the time that you got this happen. I have been using the reminder section for months and I have never had it over ride the sessions settings. Sorry to have to contradict you.

17. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Ok no worries, if it doesn't do it for you it's all good, all I know is it overrides it for me. Been also using it for months and always get the same result in all tracks I've tried :)

But, btw, I'm not talking about what the settings tab says. It might still say what the session settings says, what I'm talking about is lap times, that's how I actually realized it overrides it (at least for me).
    One example I remember is Bathurst. Had the box ticked without noticing, and regardless of what I set the AI in session settings, AI was doing the same lap times over and over based on the setting I had on that track selection menu

18. a25box

a25box Registered

So please fsuarez79, where can I click this "X" or something to get those track figures?

19. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

There it is, below the image of the track. You'll find it also in the car selection menu because it's for specific car/track combos.

k8Z278i.jpg

20. a25box

a25box Registered

There is my problem...I do not have that "custom AI parameters for track/car class" line with the x.
    How can I get it?
    That is what I need.
    Oh...you are in DEV mode. All my stuff is in single player. Can I transfer all my things to DEV?