Spotter not working after driver swap

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by TOCA2FREAK, Nov 5, 2018.

1. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

I am using CrewChief for my spotter and I have noticed that after a driver swap it no longer works. I am in discussion with the devs of CrewChief here.

I was wondering if this is a problem with RF2 and not CrewChief. Does anyone here know if after a driver swap this information isn't being sent to the client anymore?

Many thanks.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

3. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

4. lagg

lagg Registered

In the thread posted by Lazza seems to be the solution ¿no?

5. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

No it's not. I'm still discussing with the devs of CrewChief how to get the spotter to work after a driver swap. FYI the plugin still works fine as I get other messages from CrewChief it's just the spotter that stops, for example when he tells you there is a car on your left.

6. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

We are still waiting for someone to provide traces capturing driver swap. I am currently busy with something else (doing open composite improvements for us all), but will be getting back into rF2 soon. Until then, if someone would like to help, please capture CC trace with driver swap, preferably short and with detailed explanation of the sequence of the vents. It is possible we will be able to work it around, but it is also possible we won't be able to, depending on the data game sends. In any case, investigation on our side is not done yet.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@TOCA2FREAK I'm not sure I follow.

There is a time where the game stops giving plugins info, from memory it's something to do with race restarts especially after/during a formation lap. I'd have to go digging to check what it was.

That thread didn't indicate any other shortcomings from the game's side. Plugins just need to get triggered in the right way, namely by not directly relying on EnterRealtime and ExitRealtime alone, because they don't get called. I could give a pseudocode rundown here of how I'm approaching it (with seemingly positive results, apart from that one scenario where the game stops calling plugins) if that's where the issue is, but unless I'm misunderstanding it sounds like the CC plugin itself has the issue.

8. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

That is me you are waiting on @The Iron Wolf
    Will be getting around to it asap. ;)

9. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Awesome :) Someone submitted a pull request with a minimal fix (you? :)), we will merge it most likely (with changes), but still we need a fuller understanding of a problem. In any case spotter will soon work after swap. Thanks for your help.

TOCA2FREAK likes this.