SOLVED Upgraded to GTX 1070 - Low FPS

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Nello Pastorino, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Tomasz Bartkiewicz

Tomasz Bartkiewicz Registered

1. still have little less then on RX570 Radeon. The different isn't big. let say overange GTX1070 have 80FPS when Radeon have 90.. but GTX1070 should be much more powerful. If i don't solve that i will sell that GTX because i don't see any point to have double time more expensive card for same similar fps.

------------------------------------------------------------------ data :
    [​IMG]
    picture link - https://images91.fotosik.pl/65/ca85239bba896487.png
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. I need to download AC to compare cards and see is same or not.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3. And one more question - how many CPU cores is rFactor2 able to use ? 2 or 4 or more?
    Because maybe extra cores don't give my anything in rF2, Radeon might less need CPU power, GTX do need but maybe just 2 cores high overclocked let say 4.5Ghz to use all power of GTX1070 ? or i'm thinking wrong?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i think 2 cores
    1 for physics
    and 1 for graphics and audio
    but not sure

3. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

i5 is using two cores and two threads in rF2.
    i7 is using two cores and four threads when HT is on in rF2.

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Delete contents of Cbash and Shaders folders.

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Selling a 1070 in favor of a RX570 should be totally out of question as there is something obviously wrong with your PC to make you get the same result

patchedupdemon and mesfigas like this.
  6. Tomasz Bartkiewicz

Result of compare them on other g
    no change

7. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

So you get the same performance with either cards on other games too ???

8. Tomasz Bartkiewicz

in PUBG on GTX1070 is better... but not soo much to be worth to spend 2.5 time more money for it.

In assetto in same details options i have:
    Single on track :
    RX570 200fps vs 300fps GTX1070

With 23 opponents Race Monza before T1:
    RX570 around 60-65 fps vs 75fps GTX1070

With 23 opponents before S1 Monza Race :
    RX570 around 70-75 fps vs 80-85 fps GTX1070
    link video -
    (sorry i talking with friend there..).

as you see that 10 to 15FPS , even in moment 20FPS is to less increase in my opinion. On Radeon card I also have Freesync technology so even i have 45-50fps is still looks like 75 on 75Hz freesync 21:9 ultrawide LG 29" screen 29UM68 2560x1080.

9. stonec

stonec Registered

It doesn't make much sense to me. Someone benchmarked an RX 580 versus GTX 1060 in this video and the GTX 1060 produces higher FPS. The 300:200 ratio you get in FPS on empty track sounds about right. Only reason I can think it's lower on a full track is either because of CPU or PCI-E bottleneck.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Tomasz Bartkiewicz What do the Ctrl-C graphs show, and what sort of numbers do you see with Ctrl-F?

11. Tomasz Bartkiewicz

i don't know how show you that load... because on Ctrl-C i have changing mirror position, but last time be all good when i ask other friends.

about Ctrl-F here is a screen:
    https://images92.fotosik.pl/66/aabb708fb5d03eda.jpg
    after half lap race interlagos.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Tomasz Bartkiewicz I'm not sure what 'Ctrl-C' is called in the control settings, but it and -F will be together, and you can assign them to different keys if you want (and you possibly have, if you're using C for seat/mirror position).

Anyway, that screenshot indicates that your FPS is limited by the CPU - you can see it has a * next to the number (frametime, 0.013 giving 77fps). You might find that reducing the number of AI directly lowers that number and gives you higher FPS. The GPU frametime suggests around 90FPS, I don't know if that sort of number would be normal though - was that with sync disabled?

Your CPU is a little on the low side for single thread performance (see https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html), probably mainly due to the clockspeed. So with a medium-large field of AI it could limit your performance and mask the GPU improvement; for GPU comparison I would reduce CPU load as much as possible so you get a clear picture. Then if you do have something else limiting your GPU it'll be easier to confirm that and try to work out what's doing it.

13. Tomasz Bartkiewicz

On Melbourne with 22 opponents on RX570 i have on start 58-60FPS.
    On GTX1070 with 22 opponents same track around 35FPS, is worst then on previous track... I also turn on that graphics CPU/GPU used top right corner.

What is going on... different track and mod and it is even worst.
    [​IMG]

14. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Just for reference, only use official content when you want to test performance, mods vary wildly when it comes to FPS

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Tomasz Bartkiewicz Again, CPU time. The CPU graphs show your CPU is handling the physics fine (purple horizontal bar is less than halfway) but the CPU frametime is limiting your FPS.

That doesn't say anything about why, but it also indicates your new graphics card probably isn't broken in some way and performing poorly by itself, but for some reason your system as a whole isn't performing well with it installed. (reducing AI or track detail [if the track has different detail levels implemented] will probably help FPS, but doesn't explain why the old card would perform better)

As @patchedupdemon says, you should also do your testing with base content - no addon F1 tracks or cars.

*one other question: did you clean out your graphics drivers using DDU when you changed cards?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  16. Tomasz Bartkiewicz

17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Your GPU Utilization is 82% and it should be 100%
    GPU 780 2.jpg

18. Tomasz Bartkiewicz

Thank you all for helping.
    In the end : i found customer for my gtx1070 for same money what i buy it. So i decide to sell it.
    That means i don't know still what results i can get if let say i will buy new CPU. Because now CPU intel prices are very high and i don't rush so much to move to Ryzen.. i decide to stay on RX570 and upgrade maybe them both CPU&GPU in 2019 when we get 7nm process from AMD for Ryzen2 and Navi.

One more time i'm grateful for great support.

19. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I bought the 1060, sold it and bought the 580, sold it and bought the 1070, I can say that the 1060 30 or 40 fps more than the 580, the 1070 more than 200 fps very high configuration

PD.- first use the 8350 oc fx, soon pass to i5 8600k default, in both teams the comparison between graphics was equal in fps, to the difference I mean

20. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Maybe next time before selling the card you should:
    - remove amd drivers with DDU
    - check card temps and see if it is defective
    You gave up too early in my opinion, fixing that card would gave you more fps than old one...