[REL] [Virtua_LM] Sebring International Raceway

Discussion in 'Locations' started by MonSum, Apr 5, 2015.

1. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

But the point is that leaving free track on the Workshop isn't an issue for those who bought laser scanned version. No one is forcing them to subscribe to Virtua_LM version.

Louis and ADSTA like this.
  2. Louis

Louis Registered

The rumors get started for the lack of information from both sides (s397 and Vlm). Because with lack of info, its natural to people making assumptions.
    I believe now this was solved through private messages between both of parts since this question was made sometime before and none of them care to give an explanation to the community (at least, i didnt see anyone make an official statement about why or who take down the track for download through workshop) Its weird and that is the fuel for rumors.

3. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

I have both tracks. Very happy to pay for the S397 model as well.
    I do have an issue where people complain about paying $10.30 which cost 10s of thousands of dollars to make.

ADSTA and bravotangosix like this.
  4. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

It is funny that people allways feel entitled to allways get information, when at the end it is just up to the modder doing with her/his freetime whatever he wants. Maybe it is just not S397's business to give information why VLM have taken down their mod from Steamworkshop. Sometimes people just move on in live or whatever. I have been in a modding community for the last couple of years and people simply come and go. So to make the assumtion that S397 took down the item and basicly stating it as a fact here in the comments, as some users have done here, is just not right. As said, if you take a look at the activity of VLM in the last couple of years you might get an idea why stuff gets taken down or why links are not updated. There is no guarantee for eternal support and there never will be - even in the interwebz. The best examples are no-grip and virtualr.net. Few years ago they were big sim racing sites and just look what they are now.

5. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

I agree. I just simply enjoy VLM work as it is right now and, if someday they decide to come back, it would be great.

6. Louis

Louis Registered

It seems, if i understand correctly, that you´re assuming that was the modder who took down the mod. Thats why i said what i said: lack information = assumptions. Like, why vlm would take down only one track?
    I dont think anyone is feeling entitled to get anything from anyone (unless, of course, they paid for something), just curiousity and trying to figure if this could happen with other mods in workshop if s397 release an oficial, copyrighted version

7. DanielK

DanielK Registered

We have a saying, “when you assume you make an ass of u and me”

Also, lack of information does not equal assumptions. Lack of information equals lack of information. Hitm4k3r made no such assumptions in his post so I’m not sure why you’re trying to draw assumptions from it.

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

= rumour

9. Louis

Louis Registered

Im not trying anything. It seems the word "assumption" has different meaning for me. It looks like almost offensive to you. Maybe "wondering, guessing" sounds better for you, i dont know.
    Its so natural to me "wonder, (making assumptions)" when im not sure about something or trying to figure out with other people taking guesses. I really dont get what is so horrible (wrong, offensive) about what i said on this subject.
    @ADSTA yes, i started the rumour saying what i thought

10. DanielK

DanielK Registered

I’m not normally one to bite so I’ll give you that.. well done.

The definition of “assume” in this context is “suppose to be the case, without proof”. Oddly enough, it stays the same person to person. Yes, it is the correct word to use, regardless of how it sounds.

Your posts are neither offensive nor horrible. Your assumptions, however, are not facts, therefore you shouldn’t go around spreading them like they are. It only makes you look bad and potentially gives other people the wrong idea.

Louis likes this.
  11. Louis

Louis Registered

ok, thank you. It was not my intention to spread anything that i think as a fact or starting a rumour. I was just looking for an explanation or different opinion (with some logic, of course) that could make me understand
    Believing that people involved in this exchange private messages to solve what i think is an legal issue, is not thinking bad about them but just a civilized/polite way to deal without bring to the public. I have both versions in this case but, like i said, im keeping a backup in case that happens again in the future for whatever reason with some mod that i like.
    Is "not knowing" still bugging me? Yes. Can i do anything to change that? No.
    Best way to deal (for me) is only care when im personally affected, find a solution and move on
    cheers