Rfactor2 The VR thread -settings & tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 30, 2017.

1. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Link to the info, pls?

2ndLastJedi and The Iron Wolf like this.
  2. elbo

elbo Registered

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

"For games which use custom engines, ASW 2.0 could require significant effort on the developer’s part."

Yeah that may work against us getting it supported in RF2, never say never though as ever it's up to the Devs to see :)

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

hello guys, with the oculus glasses, if you go to the track and hit the + or - sign, you change the cockpit, but only two in two, that is, when there are a number of even vehicles you can only ride if you are number two, you will advance to 4.6 or 8, if you are 1 you will jump to 3.5.7, I do not know if studio 397 knows the problem, or if it has already been commented, greetings

5. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

definitely if there are a number of odd pilots, you can upload live in all other cars, if they are even numbers, you can not, this requires modification of studio 397 !!!

6. Frankalexandre

Frankalexandre Registered

elcoco and Richard Hessels like this.
  7. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels Member

Having a few parts that are not visible hardly stresses the system more, when you see a bunch of cars around you that have those parts already around you, than just put the rearwheels and spoiler as visible too.
    With this headset and an openwheeler it's very easy and natural to stick your face out of the car and look back, only to find out there are parts missing. It's also very cool to stand next to the car and get in to it, like the real deal.

Seven Smiles likes this.
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Im sure if you change to third person cam before hopping out the rest of the car would be showing !

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Link ?

10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

11. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

I have the Vive and Rift CV1.

I would say the Rift CV1 is better IMO. Rift is way more comfortable to wear for longer periods, easier to take on and off and less noticeable SDE.

Only pro for the Vive is the screen is much brighter which might explain why it's easier to see the SDE.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  12. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Thaks for sharing, yes, comfort is a big deal actually. Do you have that Deluxe strap with Vive?

13. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

No I don't have the delux strap. However I did try the Vive Pro which has a similar head strap and it didn't feel as nice as the Rift. Adds extra weight and the knob on the back is annoying as when setting in my racing seat it constantly rubs and catches the back of it. Also is a pain to take on and off.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  14. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Thanks for being honest and objective about hardware you own. Yes, when I look at Vive's strap, I had suspicion it will be as you describe, and you just confirmed that... Well, we'll see what Pimax comes up with, but after my failed attempt to migrate to WMR, I am quite vary of any straps that are rigid. Another positive note is that current annoyances with Oculus software most likely will have workarounds down the road, so we won't have to stick to Oculus Client.

TOCA2FREAK likes this.
  15. WNCmotard

WNCmotard Registered

Just picked up the sim thanks to the Steam fall sale. Thanks to the tips in this thread, got it working natively with the Rift, and tweaked the player.json file and it's running great. Thanks!

felthat, Hazi, Adrianstealth and 6 others like this.
  16. felthat

felthat Registered

Would be great to have native rift support out of the box tho :rolleyes: #wishlist

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

18. Pales

Pales Registered

Having just recently got back into the rift, I do have to say, it is a pleasant experience. You definitely get more of a perception when driving.

19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Guys, I implemented rF2 track loading screen in OC (as well as Raceroom support and ability to run scripts on startup), but merge into main binary takes longer than I expected. Stay tuned, I'll update this thread when main binary gets my work.

Jego, Magus, Ernie and 6 others like this.
  20. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Sorry, what's OC? Nonetheless, cool development, as always.