CS-closed McLaren Shadow rFactor 2 Qualifier

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Game replay, meaning .vcr file, the one you load in the game itself.

2. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I would for sure be very very slow with H shift and heel toe because im new with it and i havent gotten the hang of it yet so slow corners are REALLY SLOW for me atm. I couldnt join and do paddles or SEQ though as that would feel wrong. Also, if you win and get to the team and you cant drive H pattern...? What happens? You get there and you say "sorry, i cant drive with H pattern", LOL! :D Or maybe the spot is modern formula so its cool no matter what perhaps?

3. Vojta Polesny

Vojta Polesny Registered

Yes mate :), i havenĀ“t anyone and i want to see any drivers style to future compete with them ;-)

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

We're on the third round now, so forget about all that and use the paddles :)

As for that whole thing, I too would struggle to shift properly because I haven't done it much. But it's just a skill you can learn, and I think it would be a lot easier than learning to drive fast (correct lines, keeping the car on the edge). If rF2 ever makes you drive historical cars properly (although, realistically, for a competition you can't guarantee it's being done right - replays or not) I'll happily learn, but if I get into bad habits because the game doesn't punish you when you don't get it right I don't see the point.

Christos Segkounas and Alex72 like this.
  5. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

All great and true points. I hope they add more realistic shifting though, and force it on such competitions server side. Not knocking anyone here because if that was the reality today i wouldnt be able to compete. :D

Christos Segkounas likes this.
  6. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Same but on the other hand, if that were the reality today I would have gone out and got myself some extra gear already ;)

7. james_sadler

james_sadler Registered

Here are my highlights from round 3 at Indianapolis :cool:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    David Kolody and Coutie like this.
  8. james_sadler

james_sadler Registered

Here is my Q hot lap from the McLaren Shadow final at Longford :)

Marcel Offermans likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.