T300 FFB settings?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alex72, Oct 3, 2018.

1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

2. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

So, up the gain but be careful of clipping basically?

And what he wrote there is so true: "...But it's been bugging me for a while that it seems the lower-end forces aren't strong enough to actually overcome friction and cause the wheel to travel, but are definitely still noticeable when holding the wheel."

The DFGT has less friction between the motor and the wheel so min-med FFB forces are stronger than T300. A bit sad but the stronger autocentering and stronger high FFB makes up a bit for it.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  3. dracer40

dracer40 Registered

Does anyone know if Studio 397 has any plans to give us a in car FFB meter so we can see if we are clipping? It seems it would make setting up our wheels much easier to set safely and to avoid clipping.

Alex72 likes this.
  4. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Yes they are, or they will provide the people who make the plugin for it with the details,I don’t know when though

Alex72 likes this.
  5. dracer40

dracer40 Registered

Awesome news, thanks!

Alex72 likes this.
  6. Arne Senna

Arne Senna Registered

I have gain set to 70% and then from top to bottom 100, 100 , 0, 0 on TM controlpanel, but i have cranked up the minimum ffb to 6.5 ingame and ffb strength between 85-92% on almost all cars, and that feels so nice and detailed now with higher "low forces" as to before when i run 1+ strength and 0.5-2.0 minimum forces ingame. can someone else with T300 try this and please give some feedback?

Alex72 and patchedupdemon like this.
  7. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I don't own a T300 but your settings sound about right to me.
    I used to own a Logitech G920 and had minimum force at 8%. With my current TS-PC, I have it at 3%, so 6.5% for a T300 sounds about right to me.
    Minimum force setting in weaker wheels is important to feel the detail (especially) at low speeds, so 0.5%-2% was definitely too low for you imo.

8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I have my T300 for two months now and I adjusted the settings following the message I posted.

With, I found the same FFB that I had with my T500 (about).

Important: The minimum strength FFB is NOT a fixed value :

The more you lower the FFB the more it will have to be increased. The more you increase the FFB more you have to lower it. It depends on the steering wheel you have obviously too.

I think my settings are final, because I found the excellence of my T500 that I had set extremely precise.

SETTINGS

Ingame :

- FFB specific FFB multi : the vast majority of the time 1.00.
    I only want to adjust it if I actually clipping with a car, or really a FFB too weak. In both cases it is rare.
    - FFB smoothing = 0 (Important).
    - Vehicle set = activated.
    The minimum to have something realistic, we are in RF2 even !
    - FFB minimum torque = 2.5%.
    Depends entirely on the strength put in the TM panel and the multi FFB. I would have to adjust it to 0.1 or 0.2% as with the T500, but I did not do it for the moment.
    - TM panel = 100%, 100%, 100%, and do not let Thrustmaster handle the other two values that need to be set to 0%. Last parameter : "from the game".

Last fimware (29), last driver, and "forced cooling mode" activated. These settings are balanced at all levels of force (imagine a right curve), attention to the settings which "curves are parabolic", ie that favor too weak forces "because it is more pleasant". For the last sentence sorry I don't know to say otherwise in English, the curve thing is a metaphore.

9. Arne Senna

Arne Senna Registered

Thank you for your input @fsuarez79 !
    @DrivingFast What do you mean by:The minimum strength FFB is NOT a fixed value? the value is adjustable or you adjust it often?

10. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

100% Spring in TM panel is not needed i think in sims. The wheel autocenter when throttling with it set to 0%. I noticed however in American Truck Sim that i had to put Spring to 100% or else the wheel wouldnt autocenter on throttle. In rF2, AC, AMS the wheel autocenter without Spring though so im guessing it wont do anything to the feel.

I shall test that and report back. Cheers.