Iracing in 2019

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Alcolo, Oct 8, 2018.

1. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Ahhh, I understand now. I use the New Post button and the thread must have been moved by then.
    Apologies. :oops:

bwana likes this.
  2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

You dont need a Blancpain license to get GT3 cars.... they have the McLaren F1 and no F1 license.
    They dont have a WEC license either. Idk what you are talking about really

3. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Hello.

I think the thread is suitable for the question I'm going to ask you.

Among the simulations "in quotation mark" recent, that is to say, of the last 6 years let's say, I tested PC 2, raceroom, Assetto Corsa and automobilista. For ACC, to interest me it would have to be almost as realistic as RF2 and that there is different types of cars, which is not.

I have very realistic criteria to determine which simulation I will play :

Only Automobilista and especially RF2 correspond to my expectations in terms of realism (so my main expectations).

I think there is only iracing that I have not tested.

My question :

Is the realism of iracing is at least as high as Automobilista, and does it get closer to rfactor 2 ?

Because suppose they plan offline WITHOUT SUBSCRIPTION, it could interest me.

Thank you.

4. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Iracings whole premise was running active licensed-official series, when I was there.
    they don’t have wec but they have the imsa licence still, they have lost the bss and bes licensing, so I don’t know what they will do now, just pointing out that they used to really only focus on series.
    Usually once that licence ran out or the series stopped in rea life, it got no more love from them as they moved onto a different series.

It’s just marketing end of the day, which I felt restricted the growth

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

This obviously is not true anymore... and honestly has never been something "100%" like I said they have a F1 car and never had a F1 license.

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I don’t use AMS due to no VR support

Re.iracing -no where near the fidelity of rf2 ,
    Ffb & damage is basic ( think they are improving their damage model though )
    Iracing does have the very best high quality track selection , imagine rfactor2 having a large track pack of the rf2 Sebring quality

Iracing has the very best oval package & their ffb seems to be geared towards this
    The online multiplayer is decent providing you follow the crowd which usually involves buying latest content
    eg a lot if series are empty most of time especially older ones

Rfactor2 imo is the best place to be especially with the updates & more quality laser tracks coming it’s a total bargain too

7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Bwahahahahahaaahahaa
    Funniest thing I've heard for a while.

DrivingFast likes this.
  8. patchedupdemon

They have one outdated f1 car that runs on its own, that really doesn’t make your point considering iracing is all about multicar series because that’s where the money is.

Wec isn’t a choice because gtr3,and forza 4, gt3 because of acc

The only way I personally think you will see more gt3 and gte cars
    are with imsa or the Japanese super gt 500/300 series imho.

Until then they may add single make unlicensed series but they will fail just like the mclaren f1 series did.

I’m probably wrong but this is just my opinion

9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yeah you are wrong lol

10. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

they plan to make offline racing with AI but they didnt said anything how it is going to work.
    That means that even if you go offline racing you still have to pay a monthly sub
    we dont know yet
    "All we know is that Iracing is a Expensive game :)"fullstop

11. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

This should be in an Offtopic section really.
    While it is nice to see some improvements planned, there are things still missing and making iR uninteresting to me. Notably, lack of flat spot simulation, engine stall and real world series skins. Much more interested in ACC instead, but I am cautious and have low expectations there too, because building up deep sim takes years.

12. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Anyone compared latest NTM (v7?) especially has it improved over the limit behavior. I’ve read it’s no longer so unforgiving at the limit.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I am not interested until all of the above is in if you ask me.

14. jo_siffert

jo_siffert Registered

I am not a senior simracer - neither an alien - but i just tried iRacing lately with different cars and tracks and i can honestly say that i have no idea what the back of my car is doing - which results in tankslappers here and there.

When "your ass whips" then you have nearly no chance to save the car - this is my feeling about iRacing.

Anyway; rF2 gives me a much better feeling overall

patchedupdemon and nipzon like this.
  15. patchedupdemon

I haven’t heard it was released yet, do you have a source that states it has, I’d like to read it to see what was done for nvtm7

avenger82 likes this.
  16. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

You are right, yesterday I was reading more and realized it's not released yet.
    But the article about NTM v7 it's not hard to find:
    https://www.iracing.com/physics-modeling-ntm-v7-info-plus/

Problem is with reading the whole thing:)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    patchedupdemon likes this.
  17. patchedupdemon

Yeah I read that when it came out, I was actually on a three month sub to test dirt.
    People on the forum were all shouting praise saying the guys a genius and obviously knows more than anyone else.

I then had to point out that nothing he said was special, and all of the above is and has been available knowledge to the general public for over ten years, and in fact he was just copy and pasting a lot of that info from an article I had on my laptop that someone on this forum linked me to.

I got the usual treatment from iracinrbg fanboys though lol.

I didn’t mean to down play his work, he’s obviously a very clever guy that Dave kaemer, I just think the members over play just how far along the tyre model actually is

I hope they do get this tyre model to work better and not just like an on off switch with regards to grip.

Time will tell

18. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

As @patchedupdemon said (and I realised after posting my question) that NTM v7 hasn't been released yet.
    Maybe what you noticed is also related with issues (especially with rear tires) that Nicky Thiim described here:

He's quite harsh on iRacing's tires. I wish he compared rF2 Endurance or GT3 pack car.
    But what you describe is similar to the impression I got from early builds of AC (oversteer was oo hard to catch). Now in AC it's better, but maybe also I just got better hang of it .

That's the reason I like rF2 most. For me in therms of handling and FFB only Automobilista is close. I don't get why with all that money from overpriced content (and subscriptions) in iRacing , they are still struggling with tire model.[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

They constantly change their tire model
    Sometimes I think they change & then change it back the next time & so on

After about 5 changes newer members become unexcited about it

Louis and mesfigas like this.
  20. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

so many times inside 6 months i felt what am i doing wrong and this game doesn feel the same