[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@patchedupdemon Just to expand a little on the wear thing, we definitely can't get the actual wear across the tyre. But it may be possible to estimate it, by creating new channels that take some other channels into account (I'm thinking tyre load and I/M/O temperature change, at least) to produce graphs representing the amount of work the 3 different parts of the tyre have done. Then you could take those, as an integral I imagine, scale them against each other and then output that as a fraction of the overall wear. I haven't played with this sort of statistical stuff in i2Pro enough to know whether it can produce a current and dynamic figure or would be limited to a final value at the end of the log.

Short story is still that we can't access any more tyre wear info than we have :cool:

patchedupdemon likes this.
  2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Thanks for the clarification regarding splitting wear readings, I agree it’s a shame that rf2 doesn’t supply this.

I’ve got many motec logs with the same reading through every corner, ie in left hand corners, both front and rear left tyres show the outside hotter than the inner, but also hotter than outside of the the right hand tyres

Even slow corners where no wheelspin or locking happens, it’s with the formula Renault 3.5, and the outside tyres get loaded way more because the ride height is a lot lower on that side through the corners

It’s backwards to the real-time tyre display in game

If I could work out how to upload a motec log file, and if you have the time, could you look it over for mE

Regarding your second reply, that’s good info, but way above my pay grade lol.

Thanks again for this plugin, it’s indispensable

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It should become most clear in high speed corners, at lower speeds you can have little lockups or slides that confuse things especially if you're looking at the OCI temperatures (the game shows the average temperature or something like it; you can set up your own Maths expressions to show the average of the OCI temperatures if you want).

I can't see any issues on my side, if you want to zip up a log and send it to me (ie give me a link to it), here or in a PM, I'll take a look.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  4. patchedupdemon

Thanks will do when I’m at my next at my pc

5. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

In general I think it's working as it should, example inner temps gets higher during braking

upload_2018-10-9_12-1-5.png

Then in right hand turn, left side tyres gets higher temp on the outside, right side inner gets higher temp

upload_2018-10-9_11-59-39.png

This is from the Radical GT3, maybe it's mod related?

6. patchedupdemon

That’s How I’d expect it to be, but in the formula Renault 3.5 on any track I’ve run this season, my motec doesn’t display it like that.

It must be on my side if it works ok for others but not me, it’s not a problem really because I can just monitor the real-time display while driving, which displays it correctly, but it’d be nice if I could find why this is happening.

I will supply log files and screen shots later tonight when I’m home.

Maybe I’ve configured motec wrong or something

7. Florian Geier

Florian Geier Registered

Hi everyone, is it possible to read out the Downforce values for the car (like front wing,rear wing,diffusor) from the in-game dev mode or only via motec? Since Motec just displays it as Front and Rear Downforce its quite hard to figure our what part of the car actually does the work.

Im thinkin of displaying the values while driving so you could so what impact it would have raising the ride height and so on....

sorry if posted in the wrong topic (if needed i created a seperate one).

thanks

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Florian Geier I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any separation of the downforce into components in devmode, I'm not even 100% sure the downforce is shown in the (fairly) recently updated live telemetry information available in devmode, but it probably is. But all that live telemetry stuff is basically a mirror of what is also available via the plugin interface (which I'm logging 99% of with this plugin) so it won't have any more info than you see in motec, and having played around previously with every hotkey combination I could find in there I really don't remember seeing aero forces.

And having said all that, you should be able to largely identify how the different aero parts are contributing from their parameters and some of the logged telemetry (ride heights, front wing height, etc). I've found I tend to be working in the opposite direction to what you're describing - I'm aiming for a particular response from the front wing at given heights, or a diffuser that produces x% of total downforce at a given test speed and produces less with this rake, or with that front wing height, and those criteria determine what parameters I give it (usually via a spreadsheet to test the results of the parameters).

If you're approaching this from a setup standpoint instead of modding, I'd still start with the HDV aero figures if you have access to them. You'll probably find most of what you want in there.

9. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

If you use dev mode and click CTRL J I think it is you can see fwing, rwing and drag aero forces live while in the car. They are on the screen at the bottom from memory.

Lazza likes this.
  10. whitmore

whitmore Registered

That is nice work with the driving line view. Would you share how you did that?

11. Bart S

Bart S Member

Lazza your a geezer mate, I really appreciate this plugin, use it all the time, big up me brother.;)

12. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

whitmore and Corti like this.
  13. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Registered

I'm getting "Restricted Content. This file is no longer available. For additional information contact Dropbox support" with both links in the opening post.
    Has this recently been taken down, or another temporary error?

Eager to work with this some. Hoping someone can help.
    Thanks!

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Jakal I'll take a look mate, definitely seems something's up. Someone probably reported it as a virus or something... :rolleyes:

Jason Whited likes this.
  15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Jakal I've added Mediafire links to the first post, no notification from dropbox regarding my files no longer working but I'll see if their support says anything.

Corti and Jason Whited like this.
  16. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Registered

Thanks a ton, @Lazza!
    And VERY quickly as well :)

Working, downloaded, about to install now.

17. whitmore

whitmore Registered

18. patchedupdemon

@Lazza
    thanks for taking the time to look at this for me

Attached Files:

19. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

Link updated :)

whitmore and Corti like this.
  20. DreamsKnight