tracks, tracks, tracks

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Alcolo, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Alcolo

Alcolo Registered

i wish only paid tracks with the Sebring quality as a standard.
    For me rF2 has only 1 track for the moment : Sebring, all others are really craps (of course they are free)
    Give me some tracks !

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Adrianstealth and torig like this.
  2. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

Have you tried AMS or AC? They both have a much wider selection of tracks and much higher standards of quality.

3. Alcolo

Alcolo Registered

the only game i don't own is AMS, but i wait for Reiza bundle for rF2 and Reiza 2017 ( 2018 ? or 2019 ? 2020 ?)

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

There is a very easy solution to get your wish fulfilled.
    Learn to mod and you can create tracks of the highest quality that was ever seen.
    But start soon, or your first track won't be finished before 2050.

5. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

There are a lot of really good quality mod tracks, you just have to look for them or join a league.

Or do what usedmomo does, proclaim every other game is better, but play rf2

6. bwana

bwana Registered

Momo has a driving companion over at AC now

7. Stevy

Stevy Registered

I hate to be that guy but I would like if S397 would stop to create content (for a while) and update the core engine more.
    What about sparks ? What about rain and aquaplaning ? What about improved AI ? What about updated tires in the databank and updated Modtools and Documentation ? What about...etc. (old content which is gold)
    Don't get me wrong. I love S397 tracks and the cars and I really love to hear what new content they will bring (and I'm sure or I better hope they still update the core engine).
    But I also get the feeling that the engine isn't getting much (needed) love atm. The prio seems to create content.
    In rFactor1 ISI created and updated just the engine and the content came with mods.
    I still have hard times to defend rFactor on our Team Discord (we're an iRacing team) because it looks ugly and is quit buggy. Stuff like that (but they are also quit a bit ignorant tbh).

8. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Cars and tracks are produced by one set of people with one set of skills, all those changes you want (except tyres) are code, produced by a different set of people with a completely different set of skills. There is almost no overlap in skill sets: if you like one group uses 3DSimED, the other writes 3DSimED. There's also the income - they can sell new DLC, they can't sell improvements to the engine unless they release a new version and call it say rFactor Competizione ;)

Turbo, fsuarez79, Emery and 2 others like this.
  9. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

The people who creat content probably don’t do code/engine optimisations, so there’s no reason to think that optimisations aren’t being worked on while content is being created.

Once the ui and competition system have been released and tweaked, hopefully more optimism will be looked into

Lance Link and Krevett62 like this.
  10. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

What are you experiencing and have you reported these bugs?

11. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Yeah, more optimism, that's what we need :D

torig, Juwe Lahann, ADSTA and 3 others like this.
  12. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

Just buy AMS and skip the Reiza bundle. AMS has a much better transmission model than the simplistic one in rF2. The AI is also much better and you have options like limiting tire sets and switching between new tires and ones that have already been used, you can limit refueling, etc. It's just a better game.

13. Krevett62

Krevett62 Registered

I thought this forum was about rfactor 2 did I miss something ?

bwana likes this.
  14. bwana

bwana Registered

Momotrollo

15. Alcolo

Alcolo Registered

I find raceroom has a very high quality content, cars and tracks.
    I pass AMS cause it's for me outdated, that's why reiza 2017 is announced since 2016.
    I will wait Iracing AI to renew my membership.
    But for AMS i 'm really not hyped at all.
    And for raceroom all new content is DLC paid mod but it's very very good quality. I prefer this way that low quality free content.

16. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

How Rude!
    You clearly have no respect for the amount of work that goes into creating a track or the people putting countless hours of their paid / free time into giving to the community.
    If I owned S397 I'd refund your money and ban you from buying it again.

17. McNolo

McNolo Registered

And what happend with "your"(sure?) Monaco track version?. You should not be playing with this crap track, it's not Sebring quality, the only one that exists for you.

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/seek-a-track-modder-for-night-lightning.61167/

18. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I am not sure if you are aware of this, but your comment comes accross as very rude and ignorant. Maybe it is just a matter of things getting lost in translation, who knows. But something that you should know is that a big part of what sim racing is today, is down to the fact that people devote(d) their freetime to produce something for the rest of the community, so that we can expand our experience - and mostly even for free. I don't know how it works for the rest of the people playing sims, but I spend easily half the time, if not more with 3rd party content. Sebring is a great track, no question, but it doesn't make other efforts less valuable. Just to give some food for thought: some of the content in Raceroom that you refer to as very good was produced by former modders, who's content can be used in rF1 and rF2. Do you think that they consider "all others to be crap"?

19. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

A huge positive element when choosing to buy rfactor 2 is the modding community.
    this community brought me here.
    tracks and cars made by modders
    these people are half rfactor 2 success.

Louis, SRGP, vegaguy5555 and 4 others like this.
  20. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

You remind me of this one user who used to say mods were not good, all he wanted was laser scanned tracks and cars with REAL DATA. REAL REAL REAL!! You should see him now, it didn't last long.
    Just like him, you'll come to your senses soon enough, in the meantime enjoy your one and only track Sebring.