GTX 1080 ti struggles!

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by 2ndLastJedi, Jul 12, 2017.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Windows 10 yes, I also run crew chief and SIi max manager. Yes, maybe single core CPU difference.

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

what do you mean by bumped the multiplier to 42?

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Great, thanks, will check it out.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Okay so I oc'd from 3.9 to 4.2 just by increasing the multiplier and nothing else, did some short stress testing and benchmarking through intel utility and firestrike. Reasonable increase. Also reasonable increase in temps. Old firestrike results max 50c new oc results 70c max.
    Stock intel stress test max 56c oc'd max temp 78c.
    Are these temps too high? Is there anything I can do to get it running a little cooler? I already have a good fan setup and liquid cooling.
    Cheers.

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Wow , i think the temps are within range but maybe better air flow is required (but on liquid already) ???
    My i5 6600k @4.2 has never gone near 50c and thats on air! even tonight my Son was playing Forza Horizon 3 all ultra MSAA x4 @ 4k and that shitty game has my CPU at 100% quite a lot and it was sitting in the 30's C.
    So i'm not sure what to think of these temps .
    Your on a i7 6700K ? Might be just what those run at !

Edit : i just went back and read what your CPU is , i7 4770 ! ?
    A quick Google reveals they are a hot CPU and can run in the high 80's and that's quite common and completely fine with a 95-100 max .
    Have a Google and see for yourself if you're happy to keep it at 70 odd .IMO it will be sweet .

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  7. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

70 as a max is fine, specially under stress tests, rF2 wont run it that hot. But if you run other applications that are more demanding, specially if they run AVX instructions then you might want to watch for your temps.

You can try lowering your voltages a little, and see if the system is still stable under stress. But that requires a lot of testing, as in, leaving it under stress for a long time. There is an app to test stability, I think it is called OCCT if I remember correctly.
    There are more extreme things like deliding your processor, but you risk damaging it, so not worth it if you don't really need it.

But if you don't want to bother with voltages and all that, and your heaviest use will be games, I think you will be fine.

8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Thanks for the info, had a go at wolfenstein old blood tonight and the highest the gpu got was 67, I think that is okay, am happy with that.

9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Thanks, might leave it as is and monitor temps to see what they do. Does have.g an overclock affect voltage to the USB ports at all?

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Dont think so .

F1Aussie likes this.
  11. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Just a thought,when was the last time you renewed your cooling compound for the cpu,I'm sure you know over time it looses effectivness

12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

that is good news then.

13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I actually haven't renewed it. Maybe something I should look at. Before I ocd it the temps were well within Intels recommended operating range.

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I never renew it
    1st application has always lasted years no probs

F1Aussie likes this.
  15. MichaelJohnson

MichaelJohnson Registered

Hello guys, I have 144Hz 1080p G-Sync gaming monitor with 16gb ram.

16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

And a 1080 Ti? How does it do in rF2 and what settings?

17. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Sorry for digging up... 1080 ti + i7 + 16 Gb ram here as well. DX11 v1110 (last version).

Woke up today and wanted to race some GT3 field in Nurburgring GP.

What a deception! Even not all settings maxed, the rF2 performance with 19 GT3 opponents is, well... atrocious.
    Screen tearing, FPS figures that don't mach what you're seeing, slow motion. Complete disaster.

Try to mess with Vsync settings a bit, it improved the smoothness running alone in the track, with a field infront of me, same poor performance with questionable visual quality. And, of course, paying the input lag price. And the stupid full screen error is still there where you have to press Alt+Enter even setting as "fullscreen" in configuration tool.

It got so frustrated that I wanted to do the same scenario in other titles, using the same track and number of GT3 opponents (yeah, I know, the tracks are not identical, but it's the same size of magnitude in terms of number of objects, size, etc)

Automobilista - silky smooth, high FPS
    Asseto Corsa - silky smooth, high FPS
    Asseto Corsa Competizione - silky smooth, high FPS (despite the horrible blur from Temporal AA)
    Rfator 1 - silky smooth, high FPS
    Project Cars 1 - silky smooth, high FPS
    Project Cars 2 - silky smooth, high FPS
    RFactor 2 again - stuttering, low FPS, slide-show, not fluid at all, horrible.

Not even comparing the visual quality. For my taste, rF2 is the ugliest by far margin. The light system is completely pale, even AMS with rF1 engine do a better job. Yeah, I'm angry!

So please don't tell me it's something wrong in my end, everything, including other sort of games, run absolutely perfect in my system to the point I don't need to mess with any game configuration, just put everything on max, or "epic" and voila... Except, of course, rF2.

Also please don't tell me you get 600 FPS with a full GT3 field because I won't believe you.

In modern game industry it's unnaceptable you have to keep editing TXTs, using Nvidia Inspector, reading bibles and bibles in forums to make your game run well. Time is precious nowadays and rF2 abuses to make you waste time trying to configure it.

I can't really see the point of all last S397 announcements if the game performance is so bad. Honestly...

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I opened this thread and had forgotten about it , lol
    I have rF2 running quite well now and have done for quite some time ...sure it has issues but I now get VR at prerty reasonable settings and a pretty nice 90 fps with AA 3 and SS in Steam at 170% .
    I do have to Alt Tab after every mouse click orherwise its stutter Central but if i do that it's really smooth and fps are perfect , I just need to make sure to run with optimised content ! Some tracks have killer bad performance

19. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

Sorry, it must be something at your end
    Cause I just don't have this. Nürburgring is not a official track. Also you compare apples with pears. Try a official track with official cars. Something is wrong with your installation,or with your Gfx driver and settings.
    DC

20. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Hi.
    Try this.
    Who knows... ;)

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....lay-while-maintaining-perfect-fluidity.61352/