CSW v2.5 / GT3 pack FFB feels lifeless

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by diabolus79, Oct 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. diabolus79

diabolus79 Registered

Hi all,

I bought the GT3 pack and upgraded my wheel to Fanatec CSW v2.5, right now I'm trying to find a good FFB setting but especially with Corvette FFB feels lifeless and numb; I have no idea what the front tires are doing, I can't feel any ABS kicking in, no weight transfer, nothing.

I want to enjoy RF2 but with this gear I thought that FFB would be more communicative. Here are my settings, any help/suggestion would be much appreciated.

I chose the CSW v2.5 preset and with Corvette I set car specific FFB to 0.80, smoothing 3, min force 0. I tried getting rid of smoothing, the wheel rattles like crazy, adding min force wheel shakes on straights. So I decided to use default settings set by RF2 default profile: smoothing 3 and min force 0.

On Fanatec Mclaren wheel; Sen Auto, Spr 0, Dmp 0 as suggested, FEI 100, the rest are default. I am experimenting with DRI setting which adds dampening or acceleration as most of you know, it goes from -5 to +5, I feel like 3 or 4 is more communicative than others(still far from being communicative) but the wheel turns real fast at these settings and feels unrealistic. While cornering the wheel gets really heavy and there is no difference between understeer and oversteer FFBwise, as I said above I can't feel anything about grip especially on front wheels.

Let me know if you have any guidance for me, thanks in advance.

2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

To maximize feel on CSW 2.5, use DRI off and make min force in game as high as you can accept (it'll cause oscillations) I typically run around 1.5%, but it depends on series. FFB also depends on car setup, notably camber IIRC, though I never tweaked setup for sake of FFB. Also, no smoothing is needed with belt driven CSW (takes details away).

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

just for curiosity's sake, can you try the Mercedes? I've seen several drivers claim that has the best ffb, although a far larger number say it is odd compared to the rest of the GT3 pack. I'm wondering if lesser wheels adapt to the bulk of the GT3 fleet while higher end products might communicate with the Mercedes style of ffb.

4. Jarno

Jarno Registered

I had just the opposite, i couldn't get any feeling with the Mercedes AMG GT3.....no weight transfer, no road feel or communication with the tyres. Just very odd FFB just like driving on ice. But when i tried the Callaway Corvette GT3 it was much better.
    My CSW2.5 settings on the BMW GT2 wheel
    SEN: don't set it to auto but choose the same value as the car ingame.
    FF:075
    SHO: off
    ABS:085
    DRI: -03 or -05
    FOR:100
    SPR:100
    DPR:100
    BRF:060
    FEI:000

ingame:
    Car-specific FFB multi: 100
    FFB smoothing : 0
    FFB minimum torque : 0,0%

5. diabolus79

diabolus79 Registered

Thanks for your replies. I tried your suggestions but no dice :/

It's not about settings, it's about gt3 pack I guess, Mercedes feels better on front but still FFB feels disconnected to me. I decided to give it a try with different cars and it's another story; Nissan GT500 feels great, always on the edge but I can feel the limit of the car and any mistake is punished immediately unlike gt3 pack cars. I also tried USF2000 and it's also communicating amazingly if you don't count the notchy feeling, I can feel flex, weight transfer, the limit of the car, everything.

I am not a race driver so I don't know how a gt3 car should feel but I must say driving these gt3 cars are no fun for me, I have bought the pack for a local race league but I guess this is exactly what a buyer's remorse is.

@Jarno I suggest you to try FEI above 50, it really kills the signal below that.

Jarno likes this.
  6. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

I think Studio397 needs to do an update to these cars. The FFB on the Merc is plagued with massive understeer and the vette is dull and lifeless. I find the Radical decent and the mclaren decent, but nothing to get me excited. The GTE cars are so much better. Really wish they'd do an update on these.

avenger82 and diabolus79 like this.
  7. diabolus79

diabolus79 Registered

I've finally found the culprit!

I was having issues with very ugly reflections in Interlagos in rain and decided to fiddle with post processing settings in the main launcher and when I set post processing to none from high everything changed, FFB evolved into something else!

I'm gonna report this as a bug and I wanted to let you know so you could try this and see if the same happens to you. @The Iron Wolf @davehenrie @Jarno @tlsmikey

Paul McC and davehenrie like this.
  8. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Wow! I've just seen this, two years too late! I've just bought a CSW 2.5! Post effects affect FFB! Really!? Is this still a thing or did it get bug fixed?

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

A system struggling to keep up will affect everything. The Ctrl-C physics graph (purple) should be below 70% or so for this reason - it's not just about actual 100% slow motion moments, but walking on the fine line will affect how smooth everything is which transfers to a lack of feeling. So you want generally to have a fair bit of wiggle room to avoid issues.

It's not about FFB actually being linked to PP - that wouldn't make any sense. (in fact, rF2 from the start hasn't compromised physics for any reason - which is why slow motion is even a thing)

10. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Have a look at this thread, it may be of help to you. It's worth reading the whole thread. The settings listed also apply to the standard 328 drivers not just the beta drivers you also do not need Fanalab installed. The Fanatec recommended settings for RF2 are not very good.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020