[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

SoundPlayer (the built in .net object) has 2 modes. In async mode there's no playback-finished callback so there's no way to know when a sound has played to completion after calling .playAsync(). In sync mode you can't call .stop() because your not allowed to interact with the player except from the thread that created it, which is blocked by the blocking .play() call.

So it's just a stupid broken api

JRoque likes this.
  2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

bravotangosix likes this.
  3. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

@The Iron Wolf
    I need some help please.
    A few weeks ago I rolled back a Windows 10 update and ever since then I've been unable to update or uninstall Crew Chief.
    I'm getting this error.
    I read the FAQ section about some logs and whatnot but couldn't understand a thing nor could I find any MSI logs in %temp%.

IMG_2880.JPG

4. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Could you try downloading new CC .msi from thecrewchief.org, and while you are trying to uninstall, point dialog you attached to the new .msi?

5. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Did as you suggested but it says it's not a valid installation package.

I unhid the AppData folder and the original .msi file is where it should be but I'm getting the same error - "not a valid installation package"
    I'm afraid of replacing it with the new one i downloaded because even if I can't update it, it still works now...don't want it to stop working at all.
    Only reason i care about being able to update it is in case ACC gets supported later

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  6. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

@The Iron Wolf
    Any other suggestions? Is there a way to safely uninstall it manually?
    Thanks

7. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Fernando, unfortunately, I cannot help you much. CC FAQ points to Microsoft link on how to deal with MSI corruptions, that and Bing/Google are your friends.

One quick unverified advice - try finding ancient MSIZap tool online and see if you can forcefully remove it.

8. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Ok, thanks. That method of messing with the registry and whatnot sounds too risky for me.
    I'll have a look into msizap, otherwise I'll just have to rely on ACC's spotter in the future then.
    Cheers

9. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

No idea what's happened here or what's triggered it but The Iron Wolf's advice is sensible. Do as he suggests, reinstall the OS, or (if you can't do either of these things) get VS2013 and build CC from source yourself

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  10. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

And, please, don't threaten me. You are welcome to use or not use any spotter you like.

11. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

@mr_belowski @The Iron Wolf
    LMAO you guys are funny!!! How is that even a threat?? I was just pointing out that if I can't update CC, I will have to (sadly) rely on ACC's spotter.
    Damn, we have some sensitive people here....both go cry to your momma now

Louis likes this.
  12. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Hmm. We offered some solutions to your issue and pointed out that the app is open source and not difficult to build for yourself. I though we did OK here, give that we do this all for free o_O

Louis likes this.
  13. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I said thanks, pointed out it's an out-of-my-league kinda thing, and stated a fact. If you guys wanna take that as a threat, be my guests.

14. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Maybe calm down a bit, this would help.
    The issue you are having with the %temp% folder is a Windows permissions issue where something has gone wrong.
    The %temp% folder is the folder mainly used to unpack *.exe or *.msi files before they get installed.
    This %temp% corruption goes back to the very early days where the command has difficulty accessing the source (%temp%), normally due to read/write permissions corruption.
    The repair is complex however you can let Windows take care of it with their latest W10 October Update.
    But first, bottom right you have a magnifying gass in the Task Bar, type %temp%
    This will bring you to your Temp folder, open it and delete all content.
    Restart computer and run Windows Update when version 1809 should make itself known for download and installation.

fsuarez79 and The Iron Wolf like this.
  15. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

@ceecee
    Thanks for trying to help. I get nervous about deleting stuff manually that I don't completely understand, and this issue started exactly because I wanted to get rid completely of Windows updates, they always mess up something.
    CC still runs perfectly fine in rF2, so I've decided I'll leave it alone and use ACC's spotter in the future even if CC later happens to support it, it's no big deal.
    Cheers

16. Louis

Louis Registered

352.jpg

fsuarez79 likes this.
  17. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Louis likes this.
  18. Adam Helyes

Adam Helyes Registered

Hy.

This app is nice, and thank you, but DRS signal? :) Possible? Small beep maybe.

19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Guys, if anyone races with driver swap, could you please capture CC trace? I know that CC does not work with driver swap currently, but I personally do not race rF2 online yet, so I don't use driver swap capability. But I'll gladly look into CC trace, and provide private .exe for testing, if I find a way to make CC work reliably in that case. Thanks in advance.

http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?142-How-to-collect-Crew-Chief-repro-traces
    Note: 1-2 hrs capture is fine, but I wouldn't run it longer unless you've 32Gb of RAM.

PS: another set of traces that'd be handy is Rolling/Fast Rolling start in an online session.

20. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Is there a way for crew chief to switch to the particular sim that starts up. Changing from RF2 to Automobilista without manually changing the sim configuration choice.