Latest Roadmap Update - September 2018

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

2. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

Nice update. New lighting and materials look fantastic. Any info on the Reiza pack?

dazzer and felthat like this.
  3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yeah the new lighting and shaders really bring out the best of the cars, they simply look more alive and not "flat" in those screenshots (compare McLaren to Bentley for example), superb stuff, thanks Studio397 :)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    Jan Fulka likes this.
  4. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Material and lightning system - "We’ve been working on it for the last couple of months, and its release is still a few months away"

I really hope Reiza is not waiting for this like someone else suggested, otherwise we won't see that pack until October.....2019

Apart from that, I really appreciate the progress in all the other fronts (tracks, visual improvements, UI).

5. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

So glad you are releasing the ui along with the competition structure,makes so much sense to do so.

@Christopher Elliott

Would love some info in one of the roadmaps about the car setup page, Ie will you show static ride heights and will set up changes affect this in the setup view.

Would actually just love some clarification of what actually happens now when we change ride heights in garage, because you haven’t got a clue unless you check motec, and even then it would seem not only ride height settings are adjusted.

Those screenshots look great, can’t wait to see all of this work come together

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    Rui Santos likes this.
  6. Emery

Emery Registered

I'd say Botniaring is looking sharp, but it's mostly out of focus in the screenshots ;)

bravotangosix and GroupC like this.
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Thanks for the latest news and work .
    Will the updated materials for cockpit include a new driver model ? Or at least hands and arms !

ApexModding and philman like this.
  8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Considering what was said I think this means all official licensed content, so fantasy stuff and 3PA are out. Hopefully they get modders to work on them tho

9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i hope you hire a lot of good people to work and bring result to the community :)

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I imagine alot of the great modding community putting in for this ! It woube a great opportunity.

mesfigas likes this.
  11. Seven Nation Army

Seven Nation Army Registered

I'll comment on just on the "simple minimal graph"; I like you're implementation! I've seen it another sort of racing software product, most people would argue whether it's a sim, but I really doubted the value of their full screen implementation and like this idea much better.

Botniaring is exciting from the photos but can't see enough until I get a chance for a better view.

I'm really looking forward to the new UI and wondering what I could do to help make it the best.

12. Seven Nation Army

Seven Nation Army Registered

To add, I'd like to see the UI have per-car / per-track leaderboards much like Driveclub or Forza had/has. For me that gives a lot of engagement and keeps me coming back to a certain racing game. Plus, it's the only way you can race against the whole world at once! :)

bobbie424242 likes this.
  13. Stevy

Stevy Registered

I hope with the new shaders we will get a layer that will get dirty over time or dirty if we drive offtrack.
    Not that the cars look new and untouched after a 12h race.
    Also I will say it even when I know that this is the worst place to say. But the new UI doesn't look good (for me).
    Way to dark and not enough color. And what about all the space which is blank ? I hope that, as it is HTML, modders will not need much time to creat new UIs.

dazzer, GroupC and ApexModding like this.
  14. pascom

pascom Registered

Botniaring laserscan too?

15. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

I've assumed that it's only S297 content because I asked about the Kodi getting updated quite a while ago and was told that it was not a part of their roadmap for rF2.

Don't know where that leave's the historics (sparks & Eves) though.

16. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Really looking forward to the new shaders, especially curious what can be done with track materials, such as the track surface. That is one area where rf2 has always been a bit flat in my opinion.
    I've always loved the track surface in the (pre-alpha) screenshots of KartSim (from years ago, not the rF2-DLC), in terms of ambient lighting, reflections at low view-angles and rubber reflections:
    https://www.virtualr.net/wp-content/gallery/3118/kartsim.jpg
    https://www.virtualr.net/wp-content/gallery/2999/grid3.jpg

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I guess no, because it’s free. All the future laser scan tracks will be paid contents I think.

18. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Registered

Looks promising, especially the new UI.
    Hope to see the Südschleife any time soon.

Ernie likes this.
  19. doddynco

doddynco Registered

I am a little apprehensive about the update to the road surface as I think this is one area where Rfactor2 is excellent. I notice a huge visual difference between setting 'high' and 'ultra' in regards to surface quality - mainly in the way the realroad complements the sky reflections which it is especially visible at dawn/dusk with a highly rubbered track. With that in mind, I suggest anyone testing/commenting on this feature to be sure to have your road reflection settings on ultra to see the superb work already present. There are definitely improvements to be made (especially in the rain) , but it's an area where progress needs to be made very carefully and without detriment to what's already there.

Also,I love the design of the new UI - I like the dark colours very much.

Thank you so much S397 for all your work!

patchedupdemon likes this.
  20. pascom

pascom Registered

Thank you.