Fanatec CSW V2.5 too strong vibrations

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Greg Daniels, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Greg Daniels

Greg Daniels Registered

Hello everybody,

I have recently noticed that on my Fanatec CSW V2.5, shortly after leaving the pit lane, strong vibrations occur on the straights. I'm not talking about brake plates.
    The problem with excessive vibration at the curb, I have changed by settings in the Controlelr file, but I am not yet satisfied, as well as off track.

In other simulations, I have no problems and in rFactor2 I tried a lot of settings. It is also vehicle independent.

After a long trial and error, the only solution to the problem is to reduce the FFB multiplier to values around 0.6 in rF2 and / or to increase the FFB smoothing, at least to 4-5
    This will make it mobile, but the FFB will not have much left and the expensive Fanatec feels like my old G27
    This can not be.

IN FOLDER: Steam \ steamapps \ common \ rFactor 2 \ UserData \ player
    In The File: Controller
    I also tried some values, but still found no nearly good settings for my steering wheel.
    Is anyone satisfied with his settings and could publish them here?

Thank you in advance for your ideas and answers.

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Which specific car(s) was that with?

3. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Have you tried to use higher Steering resistance coefficient from Controller.json? I'm not sure if that helps, but maybe worth trying.

4. Greg Daniels

Greg Daniels Registered

@GroupC= As soon as I leave the pit lane and drive fast.
    @Christopher Elliott= Aston Martin, the new Mc Larens and other cars...

higher Steering resistance coefficient from Controller.json - i will try it out.

Sorry for the late reply, unfortunately had no time for rFactor ...
    rf2 is still very new for me. But I drove GTR2 for years. After that Assetto Corsa, iRacing, etc. But I have never had such problems.
    I would love to test rF2 more intensively. But I'm afraid to ruin my steering wheel.

5. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

I've driven rF2 with my CSW2.5 for about 600hours with no techincal problems with my wheel.

My family on the otherhand aren't too happy. If I'm racing late at night and drive a little too close to a Silverstone curb in the Skippie then... BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG and everyone wakes up (my home has paper then walls). The rF2+CSW combo has taught me to steer clear of the curbs.

Greg Daniels likes this.
  6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Make sure you're using the latest firmware and drivers for the wheel.
    I would then delete (back it up if you want) the Controller.JSON and you may as well delete any controller profiles you made in the Controller folder.
    When you start rF2 next it will build you a new default controller.json.
    I'm not saying it will, but it has fixed others controller problems so no harm in trying.

7. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Try DRI 5 or 4, Spr and DPR off

8. Greg Daniels

Greg Daniels Registered

Two days ago I deleted the folder "User Data" and set everything again. But the FFB Smoothing left on 9. I can then turn the FFB multiplier to 1.00 or 0.99 - 0.98.
    So it is possible to drive without too strong ffb. But it is still not perfect, it lacks ffb effects. Everything is a bit too soft for me now.

Yesterday I got the endurance pack.

What was also weird, when I had deleted user data and everything had adjusted, the ffb was very strong when I had to give in to drive out of the box. best I can describe it this way: If you start to steer and you are at about 90 degrees steering angle then it is with each degree more steering input harder and harder the resistance is getting higher.
    When I adjusted the steering angle, it was gone. I deleted the User Data folder again, but the effect did not occur.
    Was it really at the steering angle? Of course, I put it back, but the effect was gone.

I did this test with the BMW from the Endurance Pack. of course with the other cars in the pack, too.

@marvelharvey = yeah, i know what you mean, tank you. Can you give me your wheel settings? that would very nice :)

@ADSTA = THX :)

@Magzire = I will try and report thanks