Enduracers mod

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Marcelo Terra, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Marcelo Terra

Marcelo Terra Registered

Hi everyone,

I installed the Enduracers endurance mod from Steam Workshop, but it does not work. When I try to run any car of this mod, a gmotor 2 error appears.
    Can anybody tell me how to fix this?

Thanks,

Marcelo

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What does the error say?

3. Marcelo Terra

Marcelo Terra Registered

When I try drive one of Enduracers cards, the selected track does not load. I ctrl+tab the screen and a dialog box pops up telling
    Gmotor 2 error. Nothing else.

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Which track exactly is it and do other mods load without problems on that track?

5. Marcelo Terra

Marcelo Terra Registered

The problem is not the tracks. I tried other tracks, and the game also crashes. When I drive other cars, it does not.

6. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Have you let steam verify your game files?
    The enduracers mod is a very big one, maybe something went wrong during the download or installation.
    Here it loads without any problems, so it's hard to help, especially because there is no detailed error message.
    If verifying files don't helps, can you please upload a trace file here, with that we can maybe see what is wrong?

7. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Are you using version 1 or 2 of the mod? there are 2 separate workshop items.
    Seem to remember 1 having some sort of issue / error.

8. Bernd

Bernd Registered

When i understand it right, build 1 is only the UI and build 2 is the mod with all cars.
    Maybe uninstalling / unsubscribing from the build 1 (UI), solves the problem.

9. Marcelo Terra

Marcelo Terra Registered

I'm not sure which version of the mod I'm running. Anyway, I tried to uninstall it, but this option was not available in the item menu.

Can you please take a look at the image :

This is what I get when I try to run any enduracers car, regardless of the track.

Thanks,

Marcelo

Attached Files:

10. Bernd

Bernd Registered

That is an old problem, where 2 cars use an animation file with the same name, here it is wiper.anm, that are made for 2 different wiper meshes with a different number of used bones.

Try the following.
    Select your car and select only the same car as opponents.
    Then click race.
    If it loads to the end, go back to the menu and add another car as opponent and click race again.
    Repeat that until the game shows that error again.

Then post the name of the car with that the error appears.
    And do you use All Tracks & Cars' or a virtual mod when you load the track?
    This information can also help.

11. simonk1809

simonk1809 Registered

074914DF-A613-4E03-A1C6-DE1A08089C4A.jpeg F0387BFD-240E-4193-83A8-63609B1D772B.jpeg C67E0CCE-1391-47D8-903B-81739214FD6F.jpeg 80C0FFEF-7509-42EB-87F7-63BD84C5A11E.jpeg

Hi, I also have this problem. I’ve downloaded and erased it twice from steam and once from race department. I’ve followed what was put in the previous post. The aston will load with no issues on it’s own and as ai. When adding any other model there are wiper.anm issues when loading and will not load, crashes to windows screen. The only successful loading was adding 911 gt3 model, would still bring up error message, not enough bones but will load. I’m new to all this and used to working on cars not pc’s but learning fast. Where do I go from here?

12. Marcelo Terra

Marcelo Terra Registered

I hope Studio 397 will address this problem in the next game updates. I can use the P2 Endurance cars in some tracks, but when I try to race with other cars, the game crashes.

13. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Something must have broken the mod, it used to work fine. And I know the wipers are made correctly, because I made them, and as I said, they used to work fine.

Vevex likes this.
  14. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I still would say it is the name of the wiper animation file that causes the problem.
    Looking at the error message, it is always the name wiper.anm.
    But 'wiper' is not the best 'unique' name to be used for a wiper animation.
    So if the safety car or another car, that gets loaded before another car, that also has the wiper animation file called wiper.anm, you get that problem.
    Enduracers should rename all the used wiper animation files to more 'unique' names.

15. Coutie

Wiper.anm is the required name for it to work. They have different names for the actual files.

16. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Chris (redapg) told me, that wiper.anm has to be used as 'internal' name of the animation, that is written into the animation file, to get the animation working.
    But the file names have to be different.
    In the exporter are 2 fields where you enter a name.
    The first field is 'Animation:', where you enter 'wiper.anm'.
    And the second field is 'Animation Name:', where you enter the file name of the animation.
    And i guess one or more cars of the enduracers mod use 'wiper.anm' as file name.
    If not, the error messages would not appear.
    At least that was always the reason in the past, when these kind of error message appeared.

17. Coutie

None do, they all have different file names.

18. Bernd

Bernd Registered

OK, i couldn't check it because of the encryption.
    So it really seems to be a different bug that probably has to be solved by S397 then.

19. BullGod

BullGod Registered

Following-up:
    I was able to get everything working as expected. No more GMotor errors, no more wiper.anm issues, no more issues with downloading the new (purchased) content. I removed everything related to RF2, everything. Deleted the Steam DL cache, the RF2 folder in Steam, as well as all data related to the app ID 365960
    -----------------
    As another post read:
    Uninstall rF2 through Steam.
    Go to where your Steam is installed, open the Steam folder and a search: 365960 (Important in my experience)
    Delete everything it finds, (The above references: ~\Steam\steamapps\shadercache\365960) - i deleted this folder as well.
    Delete ~\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2
    You could also go to your Steam settings and clear the download cache
    ------------------
    Doing the above, as well as re-downloading, and running the Sim so it updates my chosen content, then running it successfully. Once I was able to add multipul cars and classes to a session without any errors, I then restored my UserSettings from a backup, and ALL IS WELL!

For the first time, in a long time, I am able to run RF2 in all of its glory and bliss!!!
    -BullGod

RaceNut, Vevex and MaD_King like this.
  20. Marcelo Terra

Marcelo Terra Registered

I will try it.

Thanks a lot.