Zandvoort Pit Bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Akela_DE, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

dont know if this has been reported, no sign of it in this thread
    Singleplayer, Practice: i got this with FR3.5 and eh... USF2000? I dont see the door from cockpit,
    when i drive out i get light damage as well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Single player? are you the only car? You may have too many AI cars and the the sim is stacking 2 cars inside a garage.

3. Bernd

Bernd Registered

The garage doors should be open if a car is inside.
    I would agree that it is a bug of the track.

4. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

20 AI.
    No problem with Radical and GTE/Endurance Pack

5. tyressin

tyressin Registered

Got this error too with APEX McLaren MP4-12c on Zandvoort Club. Pretty sure box closes before I fully exit and damages wing/suspension. If I exit the wrong way I might sometime exit unscathed.
    pitdamage.jpg

6. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

next one, stop n go everytime when i leave the pits. Multiplayer, 15 AI.GP layout
    I have to turn off limiter after the last lines ?

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The simplest way to learn the pit lane limit line is offline. Follow closely behind an AI car and watch where the computer car accelerates. Then you will know!

lagg likes this.
  8. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

? Have you seen the video ?

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I can't verify this, my video card is in the repair process(AGAIN) but you are leaving the garage area at the wrong location. Same advice. Watch or follow an AI car that leaves from the same area, I'll bet they drive behind the pits(left) and enter at an opening on the other end of the pitlane. By exiting AFTER the pit exit speed limiter line,(as shown where you stop in the video) you are, in effect, not safely releasing onto the track.

10. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

Whoa, really ?
    1. This is meant for the devs
    2. i have not asked for "advice"
    3. if you have no clue what you are talking about (read: you dont know the pit exits), just remain silent.

11. lagg

lagg Registered

Thank you very much.
    This worked for me :)

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

We are a public forum of users. By offering advice we, as a group, inform others besides yourself.(see post #11) You did not ask for advice but wondered why you were getting a penalty for exiting the pit/garage area. Looking at your video I surmised you were exiting at the wrong location and gave you a simple remedy to correct the issue. When I get my rig back up, I'll verify all I posted. btw....devs monitor, they rarely interact.
    And yes, I freely admit my free advice is often not 100% correct nor exactly what the original questioner may have been looking for.
    Best of luck sorting your issue.

13. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Why so aggressive? o_O This is a public forum, if you want to talk in private with the devs pm them. And he is even right. The problem is not "where i have to disengage the speed limiter", the problem occur because you are not using the pitlane at all. Try to turn left around the paddock instead, follow the withe lines and see what happens. Nothing? Ok, open a different bug report thread and explain the issue and how to replicate it.
    The fact you are in that parking lot instead in a garage with 15 AI is a problem itself, so, you should tell which specific car you are using (mod, model, team), because it can be related to the "pitgroup".
    It looks like a design issue to me, the parking lot is right after the pit exit.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  14. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

i was a bit pissed, yes, sry for that. i really dont like to be adviced when the adviser has no idea of the problem.
    And you are doing the same, have you started Zaandvort and checked it out ?
    The pit exit i use is the right one, the AI is using it too, only thing to discuss is when i have to turn off pitlimiter. You can turn it off after the end of the straight, when the lines end and get no penalty.
    But that cannot be right, because if you do that you're to slow and block the other car. You may correct me, if i am wrong.

And i would not come here to report a bug with a mod track or mod cars, thats all S397 standard content.

davehenrie likes this.
  15. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

The adviser has the right idea of the problem.
    As i said, looks like the problem is that the parking lot where you are is placed after the pitlane, so, when you join the track, you actually jump the entire pitlane and probably rF2 gets confused about the pit exit line.
    I tried yesterday and yes, when you are in that parking lot there is no way to join the pitlane, you can leave the parking lot only by taking the exit in the right side, and jump the whole pitlane. If so, it's a design mistake.

16. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

just go straight and use first open garage on the right.and then after last line you can turn off limiter..
    or you can use pit exit lights,its same like last line..
    but you need to cross that line if you dont want stop and go penalty
    some cars dont have limiter im sure you know that(but you will see message about pit limit)