Some AI adjust for to be perfect

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by omm, Sep 24, 2018.

1. omm

omm Registered

Hello,
    I'm very excited with the latest news for this simulator.
    I want to report some AI problems that everybody knows, but at least it will help to achieve better offline experience.
    1. Try to fix the AI bouncing especially on corners and behind the safety car, because always are on full throttle or full brakes. It would be right if the driving were smoother.
    2. When the race is over, and AI do the cool down lap to pits, they go fast as if they were still racing.
    3. The AI behavior behind the safety car was fixed, and now goes well. But I think, more space between cars would be better. (I don't know if this is possible).
    4. And finally the problem with the constant pitstops when rain start. Maybe if the AI tires were depended on the amount of water on the track would be fixed? I don't know.

If this 4 "bugs" were corrected, the offline experience will improve, because, right know is quite good. I love the way the AI defend his position.
    And in the future, I would love to see mandatory pitstop and strategies, but will see :)

Thank studio 397 for your work
    bye!!! and sorry for my english :)

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Hi Omn, if I may respond with my thoughts:

1 - Yes the constant On/Off the Brakes is a well known issue, more of an annoyance than game breaking though. I wonder if something could be done in the AIW FAST Path to help prevent this...just thinking out loud with that I may delve into it one day myself.

2 - What Mod/s are you using? I've always seen them slow down on the Cool Down Lap, albeit they still drive fairly quickly but not at Race pace so I wonder if they could be tweaked to slow down some more, not a high priority AI issue IMO though.

3 - Yes AI Safety Car Behaviour still needs some work, agreed.

4 - For Wet Race Starts make sure the previous session ends Wet as well (Qual or Practice whichever comes before Race), this way the AI know to start with Wets straight away. If the previous session ends Dry but then a Wet Race Start then the AI get confused, so whilst this is a workaround and not ideal it does work for now.
    As for the "...AI tires were depended on the amount of water on the track..." this is a tough issue to tackle as even Real Life Drivers/Race Engineers get this wrong! If we were to say at 70% Wetness the AI pit for Wets then this would give the Human driver a huge advantage so my thinking is to have a variable between say 70%-80% (for argument sake) for when the AI Pit for Wets and maybe link this to Wet Skill in the Talent File, but we also have to take into account how many laps left remaining - if they all Pit for Wets with one lap to go then again it's a huge advantage for the Human driver. So it's a lot more work/code to fine tune to get this area working correctly, a simple "bug fix" it is not unfortunately.

:)

3. omm

omm Registered

Hello Marc,
    Totally agree with you about rain, depending of de amount of water isn't a solution. Will need more tweaking.
    Thank you for your response.

MarcG likes this.
  4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

omm likes this.
  5. omm

omm Registered

Yes LokiD, reiza did a very good job with the AI, and the brakings are smoother.
    I believe that studio 397 can make a very good job too.
    Also, I understand that there are a lot of work with this sim in many aspects.

LokiD likes this.