Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by fsuarez79, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Louis

Louis Registered

Completely uncalled.
    First, a helmet is needed
    Second, i mostly drive open wheels and i hope that means only i like to drive open wheels
    Third, its a sim. Roof or no roof, cuckholds are free to play in their home made cockpits
    Fourth, he is right about pudles and how rf2 deals with it at this moment

UsedMomo likes this.
  2. kimbo

kimbo Registered

I hope you have some other talent, because for histrionism, you have no future ...

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  3. Louis

Louis Registered

i will answer as soon as i discover what "istrionism" means

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    vegaguy5555 likes this.
  4. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Wow, really ?

UsedMomo likes this.
  5. kimbo

kimbo Registered

But I'm sure "cuckold "you know exactly what it means ...

6. Louis

Louis Registered

Yes, it means someone who will get an warning for name calling

Emery, GroupC and UsedMomo like this.
  7. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I am extremely satisfied, the physics are the best in sim and RF2, the same for the FFB which the Mercedes I like a lot since the beginning.

The sounds and 3D models at least cockpits seem extremely detailed.

I am also much more convinced by the physics of GT3 than GTE.

8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

No comment on the name calling, but did you read what Marcel wrote about the puddles? They are indeed linked to the physics and not just for show as Usemomo mentioned. People need to get it out of their heads that every puddle leads to aquaplaning. :D

9. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

GroupC, DrivingFast and Mibrandt like this.
  10. Louis

Louis Registered

Yes, i read. But it wasnt clear to me and i think that is what usedmomo is asking if this cause effect on driving
    What i understand is puddles (size, places) are linked to track physics but not necessary afect how cars will behave.
    I know my english isnt good enough and its common i dont get the whole picture about some discussions. That said, it looks to me is:
    Puddles will appear in diferent parts of the track
    Puddles will have diferent sizes, based on s397 data of the track but to if a vehicle run over a big puddle or small puddle, the result in car driving will be the same: slippery in the same way if its a puddle or a lake
    Usedmomo has a valid point. Im not saying he is right. I see no problem in arguing about that

11. kimbo

kimbo Registered

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

VR D Day !

vegaguy5555, GrimDad and Ernie like this.
  13. Emery

Emery Registered

It's becoming clear there are certain hurdles to overcome when using the Unreal engine:
    • No triple screen support
    • Weird AA
    • Latency
    Kunos is also introducing some difficulties for themselves in their rating system. The big one is that offline play affects your rating, which is fine until you consider how badly their AI behave.

mesfigas likes this.
  14. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Edit
    Seems like there are also draw distance issues. Quite the surprise to me personally, but makes me better appreciate specialized graphical engines we have in racing already, and often take for granted :) It appears that not everything that's good for FPS/RPG is good for racing genre, at least not without significant investment.

mesfigas likes this.
  15. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

any thrustmaster T150 users have input lag on competizione ?
    i also learned that assetto corsa dont like thrustmaster wheels so much

16. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Temporal AA on Epic, with resolution scale at 140, sharpness also at 140 and Nvidia Fast Sync seems to be working for me visually. I get a clear image now but it might be resource intensive in some systems.

AI isn't Kunos forte but I wouldn't rate it too badly either....I've seen much worse, but we're kinda spoiled with rF2's AI
    I'll give them the benefit of a doubt since i heard AI in AC early access was really bad and eventually they were able to improve it

17. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Still early days but the new update introduced extreme tearing issues and wierd camera stutters for me. FFB is still better than in AC but the whole experience is rather bland so far. Afterall the sim suffers from a big problem that you get with modern engines: to get a fluid experience you need very good hardware, otherwise you have to turn things down to a level where the sim gets very ugly. AA, texture streaming and latency need to be sorted for sure, because a clear image is a must have in sim racing. Another thing that I noticed is that the sound of the Bentley isn't anywhere near the quality of the Lambo. Let's get some tea I would say ...

18. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The problem is that the defered renderer in ACC allows only temperal anti aliasing and that blurrs the image to much. The VR experience is really ugly.

19. caravan_driver

caravan_driver Registered

The Temporal AA story for example. There must be a good reason why even the Forza series use some form of forward rendering.

Also the story repeats itself once again. When the FFB was weird on the first release build people said "oh in real life is like that, trust me". They changed the FFB (now they even give you options like in AC1).
    Then the CPU framerate was shit. "Trust me, this is not a conventional game. You can't expect to run the very complex physics in the same CPU as other AAA games." Now the framerate is much higher.
    I'm waiting for the latency fixes now.

Louis, UsedMomo and The Iron Wolf like this.
  20. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

AI CPU usage is indeed ridiculous. It's my only real complaint with the game. I hope it's remedied as in AC1. I wish they would just let the AI run on simplified physics. They do in AMS and and it has no major effect on the way they behave.

Alex72 likes this.