Latest Roadmap Update - August 2018

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Do we have to subscribe?

2. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Nope, they download automatically on launch.

3. Depco

Depco Registered

I thought it was said that the release of Zandvoort was supposed to be a true v1.0 release. I see it is listed as v 0.34. App more changes to come?

4. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Seriously tho, what's with this picture that @Magus posted some days back?
    Can clearly see the Porsche GT3 Cup in rF2 but no mention about it from the devs. I suppose it's a WIP, but why not say anything about it?
    Would love to see that car

20180915_101646.jpg

2ndLastJedi and mesfigas like this.
  5. Louis

Louis Registered

2 times in track list

6. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

maybe a gift from sim racing gods who knows hehe :)

fsuarez79 likes this.
  7. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Well, I know who knows and could say something...…..Marcel does!!! o_O

8. Magus

Magus Registered

@fsuarez79
    Possibly because it is covered by a NDA (non disclosure agreement). They did mention in the 3rd announcement that some content could not be discussed because of this.

fsuarez79 and DrivingFast like this.
  9. Alcolo

Alcolo Registered

nice, it's sure this car will come. Flat6 is dead

10. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Nordschleife comes to rfactor 2, nothing more is needed, stop coding :D:p
    Congratulations for all the announcements !!

Alessio Feletto likes this.
  11. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

This is from the Porsche stand at the Simracing Expo, they were clearly running some inhouse content - it looked like the Nürburgring track they ran was actually converted from AC - which all their other rigs was using, right next to this rF2-driven 1:1 Porsche rig.

fsuarez79 likes this.
  12. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Hi all.

A few years ago, I was helping some fellow rF1 modder who was building a historic Südschliefe and rebuilt a lot of textures that were used back then.

We had a lot of historical pictures for reference and I tried my best to reproduce them as accurately as possible.

I still have all those textures as high resolution layered Photoshop images on my hard drive, so if anybody is interested and will make good use of them, drop me a note... :)

Below are two down scaled examples, the original files are in 4k.

Bosch_Einfahrt.png

BP-Energol-Visco-Static.png
    Cheers !
    Max

philrob, Mulero, coltair and 14 others like this.
  13. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Man, I didn't remember how long ago it's been... :eek:

I was working on those textures from autumn 2010 until spring 2011

However, I just found the site, where most of our historic reference pictures came from:
    http://www.pro-steilstrecke.de/index.php

For example this image from the 1000km race in 1966
    1966_he_1000km3.jpg

and my rebuilt Rheinpreussen banner:
    Rheinpreussen.png

:cool:

The "Mercedes Haus" was literally plastered with banners.
    Mercedes Haus 3.jpg

Most of those textures are done as well.

:)

It would be really awesome, if a historic version of the Südschleife could make it into rF2.

Cheers!
    Max

14. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Isnt this from the sim expo? Where they had a Porsche pit with rF2 running?

15. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Yes it is

Alex72 likes this.
  16. daredbarn

daredbarn Registered

Pretty unfortunate that a lot have been waiting for the offline content to be fixed for years now, and the chances that it will look to be slim to none at this point. AI oval coding, AIW bugs, AI awareness of both other AI and player, caution/follow the leader bugs, etc...the list goes on. It looks as though the idea is to keep moving forward and never fix the bugs that have been present for years that the community has asked over and over to get fixed. In any event, it looks as though it wont get fixed...or “can’t/don’t know how to fix” may be the proper term to use here.

As “other” options for AI in sim titles become available to us, they may find the community getting smaller, not bigger going forward. It’s a shame, but there are some of us that are left with no other options if the offline racing continues to get zero, or what might as well be zero, support going forward.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@daredbarn You're describing problem areas, which doesn't appear to have been ruled out.

Not sure about community size either, if they get some organised racing going I think it'll grow well beyond what it might support with only better AI.

18. daredbarn

daredbarn Registered

I’m not dismissing the need for the community improvements to the online content, but there has been a lot of movement to bring in “new” content in the past, and the support for fixing what’s been broken since years has been dismal. They aren’t new, not even in the last 3 years new, and some of it has been there since day 1.

Offline sim racing options have been very limited in the past, this appears to be changing in the not so distant future. Now it’s not about options being non-existant, it’s about weighing options. Offline racing in terms of completing long oval races, with cautions, non-unlimited fuel/tires, etc has been impossible for years. YEARS!!!! I have no doubt that certain racing physics within RF2 are above and beyond those of similar titles, but if some of us have to give some of that up in order to be able to actaully use offline content and have an actual race from a green to checkered flag, then I guess it it what it is. As primarily offline racers, we’ve had no options in the past, but it may not stay that way, and some will probably get up and leave. It’s just the way it will probably go. Some of those very same people have been supporting the RF titles since the beginning of RF1. I realize it’s not the same ownership, but the community is still the same, and wanted the same things for the last 10 years.

GroupC likes this.
  19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@daredbarn I know, even for online/league use there are things we've been waiting for since the start :) I was just referring to the community size, which you mentioned - we know graphics is always high on the list for people (for better or worse) and these days especially online is where the action is - so if the online infrastructure improves the situation there we should see a bigger growth in the community than we will lose by inadequate AI. I realise that sucks for offline-only players, but increasingly the players floating around between titles are interested in online play, and once you've spent time playing online it's really not the same when you race against AI, even if it's really good AI.

I'm sure S397 wants to address those issues, but as far as ongoing cash flow and bang for buck I don't think they'll prioritise the AI issues over online support, and they'll probably be rewarded despite losing some offline players.

20. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Registered

Improving AI is not needed for offline player only. I play almost exclusively rF2 online but I'd like so much being able to practice in the rain with AIs for example… The drying line is much closer to what we will get in race when training with 40 AIs than with a couple of people on a server.

Jeremy Talbot likes this.