Reiza + Studio397 + rFactor2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Taris Henrique, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Your point doesn't make much sense. The developer of "the other platform" is the one making the pack here, so it's up to them if they give it free for past customers or not.
    Lifetime sub was for online access (which never made sense since there was nothing in return for the price), not for content like Reiza Season Pass is.

2. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

dissapointing. I thought with the reiza content having already been developed and sold for a previous game the "bundle" might be a bit bigger.

instead it's just 4 cars and 2 tracks, so not much different to a std rf2 "pack"

no doubt other "bundles" will only be "packs" too in an attempt to get as much money out of this reiza content as possible.

Duncan likes this.
  3. Emery

Emery Registered

Disagree in varying amounts...

From the bottom, Skip Barber and FVee are not, NOT, NOT similar at all. FVee suspension is total crap because it comes straight from the VW Beetle, complete with front H-beam trailing link and rear swing axles. FVee has very skinny tires and less power compared to the Skippy, while the Skip Barber has a racing suspension which makes the Skip Barber drive like a rocket ship compared to the FVee.

Radical SR3 and MCR Sports 2000 are more similar, but the Radical does not conform to the internationally recognized Sports 2000 class and is thus independent when it comes to classing. On the other hand, if anyone wants to add more Sports 2000 chassis from other manufacturers, then the MCR Sports 2000 will have playmates.

Endurance pack can always use more prototypes, right?

RaceNut, Dookie, pkelly and 5 others like this.
  4. Legend

Legend Registered

+1

Historic Spielberg, Kyalami, Interlagos, Imola and Hockenheim would be a dream

muzikant, pascom, John and 6 others like this.
  5. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

Not so much a point, moreso a casual observation.

However some points that could be made:
    1. Reiza are looking after their customers, even when it makes no sense for them to do so. By giving away their pack for free to their backers cuts the income for their next title. Essentially, those that only play rF2 will be paying for the development of Reiza's new title(whether rF2 engine or not) by purchasing this pack.
    2. Of the giveaway packs, how much income comes back to S397? Will Reiza pay S397 for the packs or is this part of the "kind support".
    3. When the change in subscription model arrived for rF2, there were many discussions. Some valid, some mere complaining for the sake of it. I myself got 3 yrs out of my lifetime sub so felt I got my money's worth. Others that purchased in the months lead up would feel that they did not.
    At the time one of the best ideas given was the ability to redeem your lifetime sub for the GT3 pack(only one available at the time). With more content in the store now, it makes even better sense.

Which in turn leads back to the message of point 1 - Sometimes it is better to look after your customers, even when it makes no sense; because when the time comes the customer will look after you.

6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

If it makes sense (or if Reiza is even looking after their customers... maybe they aren't but want us to believe they are.. ;) ) all depends on the deal with S397 and the license holders of their content.
    The 3rd party groups being allowed to sell content in rF2 store benefit S397 even if they dont make a single cent from it btw (keeps people playing the game, potencially bring new players). The "kind support" to make that happen for the people with AMS season pass may simply be a site for people to get keys. You are seeing way too much into it.

7. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

They can still give for free Formula E pack to lifetime subscribers, lol, I can already see the riots lol

Yeah, fully agree, Reiza did a great job with their loyal customers.

8. Louis

Louis Registered

im still not getting who is complaining about what and who is getting free stuff and why this could hurt anybody at any platform.
    I can only see good things coming from this partnership to both titles and, consequently, for both audience.
    (but im could loosing something due to language barrier, so, please, try to make me annoyed with simple english and objective arguments like who is loosing something and why). I'll do my best to get angry. Thanks in advance

Dookie, bwana, McKiernan and 5 others like this.
  9. Alcolo

Alcolo Registered

nice, any DLC from rF2 is very good, apart the one with formulaE, i have never used it.
    i hope we will have more DLC.

10. Alcolo

Alcolo Registered

quick question,
    Metalmoro MR18 and AJR are LMP2 or LMP1 ? cause we have already LMP2 with rF2 and Oreca....

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

According to Metalmoro the AJR could compete with a LMP2. But I'm not sure if the car is racing with its full power in the Brazilian championship

Why is it bad? There are like 8(?) cars at this moment in P2/DPi class. The more the merrier even tho the AJR is not a P2.

12. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

In AMS, there a 4 models of AJR with slightlly different engines and handling. I hope we'll get all 4 models.

13. Alcolo

Alcolo Registered

it's not bad, just for hotlaping, more lmp2 is not really necessary. A F1 or diversify could be better, or a good FWD car would be awesome, cause we all know that FWD cars are really "strange" with s397.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  14. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Emery likes this.
  15. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I'm on the beta for the dlc and everything seemed to come to a halt. Not sure if it's reiza end or s397.

16. Alcolo

Alcolo Registered

any news, date ?

17. Louis

Louis Registered

Could you explain more? Beta for dlc in rf2 or Ams?

18. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Beta for Rf2 that's pretty much all I can say sorry.

Louis likes this.
  19. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I can't help but think if reiza helped build these three cars.

I'm happy to be told otherwise.

20. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan Registered

I made a ham-fisted video about some of Reiza's content that will be available soon in rF2. (I think I dropped a clanger in equating the Metalmoro MR18 with the Oreca. :oops:)