Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by fsuarez79, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

It's not about money being a problem or not, it's about voting with your money ;)

That said I dont recommend refuding ACC, it's impossible this sim will be worse than AC so that's already a good thing. To each his own tho.

mesfigas likes this.
  2. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

When you first go out in practice, the track doesn't really have rubber. That's why it felt the same.

Louis and mesfigas like this.
  3. Filip

Filip Registered

As far as I know racing line is not dynamic but predefined static for each track.
    Someone correct me if I am wrong.
    If that is the case is rubber build up implemented?

4. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

Rubber builds up in a pre-scripted way, similar to AMS. That's how puddles work too. I'm not sure if it's been implemented in full yet, but race sessions start rubbered-in, practice sessions don't. There are marbles off the racing line and their effects are noticeable.

5. stonec

stonec Registered

I don't understand the point either with buying early access and then refunding. I don't like to buy early access at all generally speaking, but if I do so, I tend to give it the benefit of doubt that there will be improvement.

I still remember when I bought the first beta of rF2 in 2012. Some great tire physics but pretty much everything else was unfinished. If I didn't give it the benefit of doubt, it would have been an instant refund as well.

vegaguy5555, IgnacioK and Filip like this.
  6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The AI doesn't understand rain in ACC. The rain line in ACC is scripted and it will allways dry up at the same spot and not where the cars drive, so nothing is based on the trajectory of the cars. That makes quite alot of difference to how you can implement such features in a sim. There was a long discussion about the importance of drying lines in the wet at RD btw, where some people deemed the fact mentioned above not important. But it is a big deal if the AI allways knows where it is dry and where it is not. You could do the same in rF2 and implement a "wet path" for the AI, but it doesn't make much sense, because water on rubber isn't simulated and the player would allways have an advantage exploiting the feature. There needs to be an implementation where the AI searches for grip, wich is a completely different topic.

Anyway, from what I have seen the AI seemed improved compared to AC overall and the sim looks good with a bit of blurriness. Looks great at night and the effects are pretty good - I am especialy looking at the sparks and rooster tails. Difficult to judge how the physics and FFB work, but knowing that they decreased the FFB tickrate and that Nicki Thiim had quite a few wtf moments in his stream yesterday I am carefull about people saying " it allmost feels like rF2". There were people saying that about PCars 2 and from my personal experience I can wholeheartedly neglect that.

Puddles aren't fully simulated either. They are predefined by drivers feedback, wich is fine. But rF2 basicly does the same. So all in all, it needs to be seen how it progresses. You can never have enough sims though. :)

mesfigas likes this.
  7. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

Puddles aren't simulated in rF2's physics. They're just for show.

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Scripted puddles is the only thing that makese sense since you can actually guess where the water will stay.
    Everything else is bs... I hope they make it fully dynamic.

9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

perfect real road simulation might be the future
    gonna make laser scan tracks a sim heaven

Louis likes this.
  10. Louis

Louis Registered

hmm, i cant say for sure without testing same cars in each platform (like i did with 1988 f1 mod) but my first impression is the Ac has better ffb for these kind of cars then Acc. Again take in consideration that i tested acc for less than an hour until now.
    But i have to say that rain graphics on windshield, graphics of wet road and rooster trails from opponents was everything i wish in rf2

Btw, i think i read in the past that Acc will be a mod platform too. Can anyone confirm that?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  11. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

That is where it will go most likely. The puddle maps were implemented for a reason and my guess is, that we will see enhancements to the whole real road and weather system in the future. Maybe even for SimExpo, who knows. UsedMomo is right that the puddlemaps are cosmetical right now in rF2, but ISI had alot of features in devmode and they started to develop aquaplaning at one point. So with the ucomming UI new core features don't sound too far off. The big challenge is that everything is linked with each other, so you need to get alot of things sorted to make sure that the weather system works without any issues and without interfering with the physics in unexpected ways.

Eitherway, Kunos made a few shortcuts obviously. But it is a legit design desicion, so we will see how it works. Half a year is not that long, so they might be very busy sorting stuff the next half year. As I see it, ACC might be more or less a testing field for them.

@Louis As far as I understood it, ACC will have no active modding support, but they won't prevent the community from creating mods.

Louis and mesfigas like this.
  12. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

I have a direct drive wheel so your mileage may vary, but I find the FFB very good. I also like a dampened wheel which provides a more realistic feeling, so folks that like a super light/spinny wheel may not find it to their liking. Graphics are ok for me. There are things I like and things I don't. Sound is amazing though, top notch if not the best out there at the moment.

I am impressed that a 0.1 Beta has simple things like an FFB meter and rain that doesn't suck up 50FPS. Yes, that's a slam at rF2. Sorry, but a 0.1 Beta is outshining them in some areas.

13. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

fps is an issue at ACC at the moment cause even if you start good maybe you experience heavy fps drop later...
    not sure why it happens but it happens to all after a few minutes of gameplay.

14. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I bit the bullet and glad I did for such a low price. FFB and physics are a step forward from AC. Not sure if rain physics are fully implemented yet but at least under braking you can feel the difference and feels good to me.
    Not impressed with the track (it's ok but didn't blow me away), the blurry graphics and the buggy AI, but I expect some improvements.

For the FFB and physics alone and the fact I like the Blancpain series, I see myself playing this game in the future.

mesfigas likes this.
  15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That hasn't happened to me (yet).

16. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i have everything maxed out and it happens after a few minutes gaming.
    maybe a memory leak ?
    no idea
    i just cant remember if it happens specifically at night or at rain.

MarcG likes this.
  17. Flaux

Flaux Registered

don't tell me... I'm just repeating what others said in the past....

18. Louis

Louis Registered

Another input about my experience so far:
    It seems multiview isnt working properly. My side monitors look stretched.
    Another funny thing, in that track, i believe in the third turn when coming out of the pits, side monitors has extremely shaking image but not in the center monitor.
    But its kind pointless relating bugs in here. I also forget that if im willing to participate and help in the development, i should register in Acc forum. Also this wont happen so i will keep reading reviews here and waiting for updates. They will have to deal only with my money to improve :D

19. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

side shaking is an effect from the car.

20. Louis

Louis Registered

but shouldnt shake image in all monitors?
    Im having clearly diferent rates of shaking comparing side monitors and center monitor. I will make a video to illustrate (not now, sometime)