Did anyone already try updating their mod to latest tire CPM?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by avenger82, Jan 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

No sure to understand what you mean.
    I said we wait for it like other modders. The CPM2 tires of the Endurance DLC are not available (for nobody).

We work with the CMP2 available in the public S397 database. So when the DLC tires will be available in the S397 database, we will take them to test and integrate if they give us better result than the current we use.

We have the support from S397 on the questions we have about our physics development (or Graphics with Kloche).

2. McFlex

McFlex Registered

3. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Just look at their 2.0 release notes:
    • PHYSICS : Integration of CPM2 tires (Slick & Rain, around 90°C usage temperature for Slicks) adapted from S397 reference tires.
    • PHYSICS : Inertia adjusted (based on inertia used by S397).
    • PHYSICS : Suspension geometry adjusted (to fix the FFB blank in the center of the steering wheel).
    • PHYSICS : Aero minor adjustments.
    • PHYSICS : Brakes power/settings adjusted (now you can adjust brake pressure like S397 cars).
    • PHYSICS : Steering ratio adjusted (done like S397 cars).
    • PHYSICS : Antiroll bars value adjusted (to be aligned to the rFactor2 S397 physics directives).
    • PHYSICS : FFB power adjusted (FFB Upgrades removed, use FFB Multiplier in-game to adjust if needed).
    • PHYSICS : Fuel Tank position adjusted (to match to *ForceDistrib S397 mechanisms).

4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

This was linked to the fact the mod was developed first on rFactor 1 and plugged as is in rF2. But in rFactor 2 there are new features/additional parameters to take into account to improve fidelity to the new updated rF2 physics engine. Many of these points are described in the Physics Blog: https://www.studio-397.com/category/news/development/

5. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Well, finally I been working on the cars again since few weeks ago. After finishing the conversion to UltraChasis, I went back on tyres to add "CalcPointAccel", to add the new variables and to correct some errors.

The CalcPointAccel affect is very noticeable and you have to rethink some values on the rest of the car to compensate the change on the grip/handling.

With the new variables and CalcPointAccel=0.5 applied sadly some tyres hung the sim. So, I'll have to re run the tyres and try again later when I had recoverd some esthusiasm.

avenger82 likes this.
  6. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Which mod are you working on? I guess non of tires in example database would mach so it's not possible to just use them?
    Also I wonder if you compile tires would it use very latest tire model (it was updated recently with GTE pack). I know last time there was delay in tTool where CalcPointAccel didn't have any effect yet.

7. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I'm working on the group-c tyres. Those tyres are wider than any other tyre on the database. I'm using all the latest variables.

Without the CalcPointAccel the tyres work well, but I wanted to add this feature too. The problem when I add CalcPointAccel is the heating, the tyres heat on the sides more than in the middle. I could run it again but the problem is the amount of time it takes each test, take in mind that those cars use five different tyre sizes.

8. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

What's going on with ttool? Since B-1110 If I run exactly the same tyre as in previous builds the tyres are different. The new one automatically warm more on the sides!

It this a bug? I want to finish my cars but this is making me crazy, it's like start again at every change.

How can I fix this? How can I go back to the ttool of B-1109?

Neither of the tyres showed below use CalcPointAccel

Pre B-1110
    [​IMG]

B-1110
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  9. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Maybe ask devs on Discord

10. Louis

Louis Registered

the new ui should be integrated with this discord channels

11. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

avenger82 likes this.
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@dbaldi your screenshots show tyres worn by 7% and running at 157 kPa, vs tyres worn 4% and at 143kPa. They're bound to have different temperature spread.

Damian Baldi likes this.
  13. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

It was just an example, it happens all the time, with every temperature or pressure. You could use the tyres until they end and you find out that the old ones works well and the new ones overheat at the sides.

Lazza likes this.
  14. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

@dbaldi the tyre is exactly the same shape as the old one exept it has the new parametres?
    Maybe you have to change the shape of the tyre or the construction.

15. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

@Jokeri it's the same shape, same material, same parameters, that's the crazy thing about all this. I think with the latest changes on B1110 ttool works in a different way. I don't complain about ttool be updated, but I was in middle of finishing my work, and now I have to start again.

I will be working today to try to get a fix all this.

avenger82 and bravotangosix like this.
  16. pkelly

pkelly Registered

@dbaldi - merci beaucoup for your dedication and efforts, on our behalf. Happy weekend:)

bravotangosix and Damian Baldi like this.
  17. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

@dbaldi - Did you ask devs about temperature issue ? Maybe there's simple solution. If not maybe start conversation here with Michael Borda

18. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Recently @ApexModding, @yoss have released GT3 mod with new CPMv2 tires. I think they used new tTool build with CalcPointAccel option to compile tires by themselves. They still heat up when spinning on grass so it's not the newest tire model.
    In my opinion after Apex GT3 v1.0 update, the tires have significantly more grip.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  19. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

What happens when you up the pressure to 157, do you get the same temp spread or do they still heat the edges.

Personally I like how the 2nd picture looks, on some cars even with the lowest allowed pressures, you get the centre of the tyre heating, like a ballooning effect.

The second picture looks like you could, get a better spread By upping the pressures, and it would stop people runing min pressures

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The 'offroad' sliding temperature parameters announced in this blog are their own parameters. You don't need any particular version of the 'tyre model', you just need build 1110 or higher, I believe. Of course it's up to modders what parameters they put in there, so a particular mod might behave differently.