Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  2. daniel monteiro

daniel monteiro Registered

I have a question:

Why don't we have the data for the new cars, as in, it is no longer possible to access it via CarStat? I have read that it is now encrypted and so on and so forth... But: in Assetto Corsa, the GTE Corvette and many officially licenced Porsches have engine data there (power and torque curves at least), yet none of this is available in rF2. So why did some brands disclose some data when delivering a product to a game, and not to another? Could it mean that the first game has some bogus data that is "kind of ok" and the second game has "such amazingly accurate" data that it has to be secret? Hard to believe, especially with that kind of "secrecy" argument...

I think everybody would win if the information that could be obtained with CarStat would be made available for these cars as well. I don't believe that Porsche would disclose accurate values of data to such a high level of precision to be put in a public game if they were afraid that it might somehow get accessed in the first place...

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

When those cars in the first game were released, where they also running in the real life series at the time, or were they last years cars so to say

Maybe the first game doesn’t require such accurate data for their cars

4. shekk

shekk Registered

Hey there, I installed and played the endurance pack a while ago (great work, thx). Now, after installing a new track, I had issues with starting it, so after a few other, unsuccessful tries I most likely deleted a few files from the endurance pack. Now it isn't available in the mod list anymore - but I do not see any option or trigger in steam or elsewhere to reinstall the whole thing. All cars still work, I just cannot use the pack anymore or play on servers that use it (mod mismatch). Would appreciate any sort of hint, thanks.

5. Magus

Magus Registered

I think this forum needs a sticky as I find myself repeating these instructions but here you go...

You need to un-subscribe & then subscribe to the items by;
    Click in the red circle;
    steam.JPG

Select the section in the red circle:

inventory.png
    Choose the rF2 tab:

rf2tab.png

You should then see all the items you have purchased;

items.JPG

Then click on each item & View Worshop Item, then Unsunbscribe/subscribe.

Prodigy likes this.
  6. shekk

shekk Registered

Hi Magus, thank your for your explanation. However, I'm afraid this does not help me. I already un- and resubscribed to all cars and tracks from the edurance pack. But that does not help in bringing back the endurance pack into the mod list, so I cannot chose to play with it on e.g. VirtualRacing servers. I need rFactor2 to reacknowledge that there is in fact this endurance pack installed, so there are some other files than cars or track files missing.

To clarify: Ingame I go on "Series" and then on "All cars & tracks". There used to be an option to chose the S397 endurance pack that is now missing. I want to have that back in working condition, because without it I am getting sychronisation errors with the servers from my online gaming league. These serves now give me a "Mod missing, download not possible" error when joining.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  7. stonec

stonec Registered

@shekk Try this then, right click on rF2 from Steam, properties, local files tab, click verify integrity of game files. After verification is complete, wait a couple of more minutes in case Steam starts to redownload stuff.

8. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I think the deciding part is 'I most likely deleted a few files from the endurance pack'.
    Deleting 'a few files' of course corrupts every installed item.
    Try it with deleting the whole folder (in installed/vehicles) of the item and then follow the instructions of @Magus

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  9. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

shouldn't the GTE's have yellow headlights?

10. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

No. Depends on a series.

11. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

which series has an Oreca 07, Norma M30, Porch RSR, a Corvette and a BMW M8 all with white headlights?

12. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

In which current series do any of the aforementioned cars have yellow lights?

TK

13. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

As of this year yellow highlight covers are not required in GTE. Driver request, if I remember rightly.

14. shekk

shekk Registered

Yeah, you would certainly think so. However, the only files I deleted were those of the endurance pack. I tried the integrity run as one of the first measures and it did not help. I tried reinstalling all cars and tracks belonging to the endurance pack. Did not change anything.

Everything works fine in the game itself - I can run every car (including all GTEs) and every track. I just can't activate the endurance series anymore and I cannot join servers that run it. So, the only thing that I need is to reinstall the endurance pack - but there seems to be no option to do so anywhere, I can only reinstall the cars (which does not solve anything).
    What happens, if you have to reinstall the whole game and want the endurance pack back...do you have to buy it again? Would not make much sense, right? There must be a way to fix this.

15. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

If my memory is correct :eek: the GTE cars are sold as a pack or individually but are available to download only individually, not as a pack.
    I'm on my phone and don't have Steam login details so that's why I may be wrong.

Edit. Also there are no tracks with the GTE pack, only cars.

16. shekk

shekk Registered

Mh, okay. If that is in fact how things are, then it must have been a different mod I installed that only used the cars in the endurance pack, using a similar name. And I would have to find out how to reinstall said mod, which, of course, would not be the fault of the S397 endurance mod team but only my own :]

17. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Actually the yellow light was realized by a foil, but the light is so intense that the foil started to darken with time, by high temperature probably, reducing effectivee light on track. Thats why they dropped it

18. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Sounds right. Remember it was to do with them being less effective. :)

19. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Registered

yesterday i had a minor update on this (epic) pack.
    where can i find some infos?

20. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

When there is a update you can find it on the steam page of the car.
    There you should see the last update.
    Im not at my pc, so I can not look for the updates, sorry.

DreamsKnight likes this.